Blade Dancing - oops I whiffed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blade Dancing - oops I whiffed

Hello to all fellow Whiff Dancer players.

Just want to know your opinions about this class in general if you have played it.

These are my thoughts and gripe with this class ever since I have played from 70 cap till now. Note I am not geared so I will be taking inputs from everyone as I do not own neither dream nor moon jades.

I feel that blade dancers have not aged well with the current game content particularly with moving targets. With the introduction of dream and moon jades , have your dps improved or has the new skills which was not previously incorporated in your rotation are now disrupting your rotation?

Here are the few skills which I have issues with;

Twinkle Spin
    I was quite surprised this skill was chose to be buffed by dream jade because even back in 90 cap we did never really use it besides for resetting gust. With dream jade has it turn into a skill good enough to count as a dps skill? This skill doesn't work well in my rotation as it breaks it often. I just noticed that the i-frame for this skill have been removed as well because I can be hit when I am air borne, not to mention this skill is not really worth using for it's i-frame as well as the initial hit is too slow before you get the lift for contents these day.

Grazing Rush
    What is this abomination really ... It has a weird movement trajectory , non existent SA, weird hit box. The only thing that warrants it's usage is due to FDN chakram.

Blade Step
    By itself this skill is a terrible awakening skill after grazing rush. It has small hit box and it has multi hits, one of the main traits of all of Blade Dancer's hard hitting skills which really bring her down as a supposedly dps class. Not to mention that to get the dmg buff , you need to forsake the i-frame and risk getting disrupted which you most likely will or with the long casting time of the skill required in order to get the dmg boost, which by the time you are done with , the target would have inched away from your small hit box.

Deadly Drill
    Sometimes this skill doesn't respond to the key input which lands me into trouble as I rely on this skill for mobility rather than dmg.

Gust of Dementia
    Another one of Blade Dancer's hard hitting skill, which suffers from high hit counts. For a skill with high hit count I did expect it to have at least some decent amount of SA. You might argue that this skill is mobile so moving away from the target's range of attack is possible to avoid getting disrupted, but then the speed of which targets move at these days far outmaneuver it.

Squall Flaker
    One of her strange skill that gets its awakening that I can't really find a particular usage for it. it's -i-frame is too short to be useful unless you are avoiding stomps but even then it's a tight window given it's short duration.

Elegant Storm
    And behold we have reach the the supposedly hardest hitting skill of Blade Dancers. This skill has multi hits , locks you in place and mediocre SA. The option to end this skill early by left clicking seems to have been removed, in order to end the casting animation, you will now have to resort to other means. With the introduction of Moon Jade , has this skill been saved ? Do you now land your hits more often or do you now miss a few hits here and there from casting it inches away from the target?

I think that having the option to end multi hitting skills with a slight reduction in dmg might be help this class a little rather than completely missing all of the hits from being locked in the long skill animation.

With all the issues above , are you still persevering with this class or have you long switched to her Chad Sister , the Spirit Dancer who is now one of the Monsters that dominates the dps scoreboard ?

I am no expert and haven't been gearing but I share the same sentiments with you. I was once DS then SE then SD but I recently changed to BD. Blade Dancer's skills are cool for me but hard to connect and yes, sometimes, some skills do not make sense.

But I was also having a hard time connecting SD's skills before so must be because I'm nub.

Anyway, I hope they get buffed soon.

Comment

Working...
    X