Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poking Beehive Detonation: Why does [W] have to be the only casting button?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poking Beehive Detonation: Why does [W] have to be the only casting button?

I couldn't see a reason why Beehive's detonation should only be on [W]. It should be [W][S][A][D], with Beehive's non-deto cast only if you're not moving.

Thoughts?

I made a guide.
    I made experiments.
    but still
    I have no idea also.
    Always look straight to your goals, conquer them all and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimmienaticz View Post
      I made a guide.
      I made experiments.
      but still
      I have no idea also.
      Weeell, since you're pretty much the most insightful Sting Breezer here (with those useful guides and all, also hey that was a very helpful guide for SB thank you very much), what are you thoughts about it? It's not really that much of a change, but it'd still be a pretty helpful adjustment. Especially in mechs where you have to move sideways to dodge something.

Comment

• Nimmienaticz
        Nimmienaticz commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm used to it right now, but this is a really good suggestion.
        I suggest you post it also on " Eye Plzz Sub Forums ".
        Have a nice day!

• atom100
        atom100 commented
        Editing a comment
        so u can still detonates spears by moving forward and casts PB , it's like ED is telling u to risk commit suicide instead of taking evasive action after PB. I though they removed that ability to poking beehive after awakening. I just use spearhand for detonation.

Originally posted by atom100 View Post
      ......it's like ED is telling u to risk commit suicide instead of taking evasive action after PB.....
      lol at this i can relate to that This deto method took me quite a while to get used to actually.
      When I'm lazy, I just let all the spears out first then detonate them all w/ flag for a one big explosion (unless it bugs then i cry) :V
      Having the option of using other directions to detonate w/ PB is a good idea actually so good job!
      Or can we just detonate it the same way as we detonate w/ SH? by clicking kek :V I have no problems w/ that either.
      Last edited by alanine; 05-31-2018, 08:04 AM.

Comment

• atom100
        atom100 commented
        Editing a comment
        they making SB already complicated skills more complicated, and SB is not an OP class compare to others, anyway SB is only 1 of my sub characters.

Anyway if this suggestion gets posted, I'll gladly support it.

Comment

• alanine
        alanine commented
        Editing a comment
        true ahahaha. This class is really complicated even way back then. But every cap it gets better changes so let's just hope the devs gets to rework more on this in the future

• Nimmienaticz
        Nimmienaticz commented
        Editing a comment
        But they should FIX ' FLAG SIGN ' first.

Current Bugs of the said skill:
        1. Never drop on high altitude.
        2. Deals no damage on explosion.
        3. Has lower detonation/explosion damage compare to spears detonated with Spear Hand/Poking Beehive.
        4. Sometimes doesn't drag magic spears.
        5. Dragged Magic Spears doesn't deal any damage.
        6. Hornet Touch should be usable on Flag Sign when casting on ground.

Suggestions:
        1. Fix all bugs.
        2. Remove this skill and change it to something much useful.

• alanine
        alanine commented
        Editing a comment
        I suggest giving it more attack speed also when casting on the ground. Just a fix in the bugs will do for me instead of replacing it~ I have faith that the devs can do it since they fixed the same problem w/ arcane focus (although it took them 2543636 years huehue)

Hmm. Well, I'm actually fine with having to press only [W] as the detonation key, rather than having to accidentally blow up all the spikes I set up for Flag Sign, especially that one moment when the boss starts to move away from the spears I set up beforehand. So I often have that "critical" second to decide whether or not to detonate the spears using PB, then proceed to use FS.

And regarding the Flag Sign bugs that Nimmie mentioned, IMO,...:
      1. I think I never witnessed Flag Sign not dropping on high altitude terrain. Well, if you mean casting it on the ground then I better recheck it. It always drops when i cast FS while in the air.
      2 & 5. Yeah they should fix the [Tracking] spear explosion since it often does not deal damage.
      3. I thought this was intended by ED right from the start, even read the patch notes and damage description about it. My friends and I also had a discussion a while back about prioritizing the spear explosion with PB, then use FS. I also remember them saying that "Flag Sign serves as a backup when you misplace the spears or when the boss moves away from them. So it's better to have slightly lower burst damage with FS than to miss the explosions entirely." Though I hope that ED can equalize the spear explosions between Flag Sign and Poking Beehive/Spear Hand detonations.
      4. Not just Flag Sign. I also sometimes experience that the spears don't explode when I detonate with PB/SH. Do the detonations on PB/SH require the spears to be at a certain range?
      6. Probably intended as well... it would be nice for Hornet's Touch to be usable at those moments though..

â–ºAnd +1 on fixing Flag Sign, there are quite several bugs on just a single skill.
      Though I can't think of any replacements for it. It's actually a great skill if it weren't for the bugs.

Comment

• Nimmienaticz
        Nimmienaticz commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for trying out and supporting some of my statements ~

But in the meantime, here are some of my explanations regarding the #1
        Go Seabed Cave [Lv 95 DQ Dungeon Part 5/5] and try these stuff. [At the 3rd Phase of the said dungeon] After you kill 2 sets of spiders, there is a downward part of the map, I always jump there and use flag sign just to check if flag sign bug is fixed or not.

Why did I try that on that area?
        There are times where we use aerial evasion and try to pull off some aerial maneuvers to do damage with laid down spears on the ground.
        This is the part where Flag Sign shines on other skill. Also it is the best area to test Flag Sign bugs.

So my FINAL VERDICT:
        [Flag Sign never drop on high altitude area]

• Nimmienaticz
        Nimmienaticz commented
        Editing a comment
        Indeed, it is really one of Awakened SB's best spear maneuvering skill.
        Probably, one of my favorite skill esp on Mobile Bosses.

• MarcieLin
        MarcieLin commented
        Editing a comment
        I see. Thanks for the insight on the high altitude part. I never tried it on areas like those since we mostly fight mobs and bosses on flat terrain.
    Working...
    X