Lets just say I have a Saleana class with the ATK stats:

MATK: 479k
    Fire ATK: 89.90%
    Crit: 69%
    Crit DMG: 259%
    FD: 25%

CURRENT EQUIPPED TITLE:

Goddess Grief Stricken

However, recently I got the Goddess Teardrop Title.

So... My main concern is that Goddess Teardrop TITLE.

From what I know,
    equipping it will make me lose some % of Fire Atk and that
    my friends told me that my class should focus on FIRE ATK not MATK.
    However, my instincts told me that the % in MATK in that title MIGHT cover up for my LOSS % Fire Atk.

In short, does
    equipping it make me lose my DPS or improve it?

Thank you for your responses/replies in advance....
    ~ Midnight Environment == PEACEFUL ~
    ~ Afternoon Environment ==
    ROWDY ~
    How I wish the world has a balance between the two!
    Oh wait... What is balance???

Your friends' advice should be regarding jades. This is due to 4% vs 8% for magic attack and fire attack jades respectively, making fire attack the better option.

However, in your question, Teardrop title will be stronger than Sharing Goddess Grief, although the difference in effective attack is quite small (expected to be < 5% difference between using both).

The explanation is as follows:
    Attack % from gear actually functions like Fire Attack %. However, Attack % is "invisible" in a sense that it is calculated to show your final Magic Attack.

However, the effective magic attack is calculated as follows: matk from gear * (1 + magic attack %) * ( 1 + fire attack %) * (FD and so on).

From this, you can see that they are the same. And lastly, to make the most effective gear, it is better to balance all multiplication sources (e.g. 1.4 * 1.4 > 1.6 * 1.2 > 1.8)
    Last edited by Xenocho; 11-29-2017, 02:05 AM.
    Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
    Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
    Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

• nvLite
      nvLite commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Remmy, just to note, 4% vs 8% is for 93 Jades and below. 95 Jades have 8% on all Offensive Jades, hence it will be 8% vs 8% case for 95 Jades.

• Xenocho
      Xenocho commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah yes, but TS wasn't being clear on that so I am making the assumption that his/her friends were giving the 'stack ele not matk' advice based on that stat difference on jades.

You can simulate your gear in 2 case and choose what better. The link for simulator:
    https://spacem.github.io/dngearsim/
    Then you check: Total = matk * (1+ele%). Seeing what setup give higher.
    zArAthena - Flurry. LafielHime - Black Mara. LukaLukaNF - Black Mara. zArZeratul - Raven. FaerieMoon - Arti

Comment

Working...
    X