job change, need help to decide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• job change, need help to decide

I need help to decide which class to go for. I'm currently a sally and looking for a sorc class with a more fluid play style, sally for me is just clunky, when you can't do anything when using flame road and inferno (Tool tip says you can use skills but I cant, dunno if bug or I'm using it wrong ). I'm leaning towards elestra or black mara but is also considering smasher, I cant seem to find any tier list for DPS right now for the recent patches.

Thanks!
    Last edited by ppprox; 09-14-2018, 08:13 PM.

If you looking for Sorc DPS tier:
    Smasher > Sally > Mara > Eles
    I am not really sure where to put Majesty, the class is very rare, and have bug (?), she is around Mara level I guess
    I have no comment on playstyle, everyone have their own mindset of what is fun and what is not.
    Last edited by zArAthena; 09-14-2018, 11:37 PM.
    zArAthena - Flurry. LafielHime - Black Mara. LukaLukaNF - Black Mara. zArZeratul - Raven. FaerieMoon - Arti

Comment

• Khlight
      Khlight commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi zAr,

I just want to ask if what classes have the highest dps (based on kdn or sea current's patch) and the most cost-efficient?
      I have each and every class and I want to focus on maining 1 character that is useful in raids/nests/solo play and worthy to have end game gears. You might help me in my dilemma. (kindly give me atleast 5 classes to choose from)

Thanks a lot

• zArAthena
      zArAthena commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,
      Here are some top dps class (not in particular dps order): ML, smasher, flurry, Sally, BP.
      All dps class cost about the same.

• ppprox
      ppprox commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the response, I do agree on you saying that the playstyle depends on the person, right now im currently looking for something spammy or something that has shorter cooldowns than sally, im not sure but it just really feels clunky to me.

Actually, my sally was formerly a smasher, I changed it using the job change that is free upon maxing out, that was when laser cutter consumed bubbles and that made me change my class, I did quite enjoy using smasher back then.
      Last edited by ppprox; 09-15-2018, 08:37 AM.

I've played all the sorc branches except mara.
    after mara got nerfed she isn't top tier anymore.

eles is useful overall for amazing looking skills and providing ele debuff and ice for the party, other than that her damage isn't that good.

Sal, after that buff is pretty decent, tried it out for a few days, gameplay that i've had with her however was lacklustre... at best... she has some pretty good burst skills and flameroad is amazing on bosses but other than that i didn't feel very comfortable using her. Don't be discouraged tho, i;m sure if played decently sally is pretty amazing. I probably didn't enjoy her as much because i'm more used to smasher. A very important key thing to note about sally is, she doesn't lose much from having her skills cancelled (unless it's flameroad), her skills are all pretty hard hitting and bursty so it's quite evenly distributed, unlike smasher who has a single important skill that contributes to her dps.

Smasher, previously to me was the easiest and best out of the sorcs to play, simply because you only had one main skill (laser ray) and laser cutter. At first i hated that laser cutter consumed bubbles, but ended up loving it. If ray gets cancelled or you have to for whatever reason cancel it, you had cutter to spam while ray was cooling down, also BT had an insanely short cd (roughly 38secs?) so you had lots of room for error and didn't lose out much from using ray at the wrong time.
    Now however, after the change you have to be very careful for when you cast ray, after the ninetail laser nerf and the cd back to laser cutter you'll have some parts where you have nothing to cast, if your ray gets cancelled etc. Overall my damage burst wise did improve after the recent change, but overall i preferred the previous gameplay.

Some important facts to note about smasher tho,
    1. your positioning is everything, if your ray gets cancelled you lose a lot.
    2. the new laser ray (left click) version has extremely fragile SA, basically anything no matter how small a hit will cancel it now, you have to ensure you will take no dmg/get hit by anything before you press the left click.
    3. The normal version of laser ray still retains it's old SA tho, so that's good to know.
    4. Both versions of ray have roughly the same overall damage, just that the left click version finishes the task faster.

Overall if played right, smasher is extremely strong, using GDN as a comparison even against my similarly geared ML friend, he only beats me in the dragon stage (i lose to roughly about 20% in terms of output)

Attached is a video on the recent smasher change, if you look closely even the S1 (the part where he stomps and little lava pillars pop out on the floor's little tick) can cancel my enhanced ray (at roughly 57secs) so keep that in mind.

As for majesty, I feel that she has amazing potential, having both ele and damage debuff makes her amazing for solo play, she can also have the potential to be extremely bursty and have sustainable dps, I feel that majesty itself can beat sally, provided if the pilot is extremely well versed in the class. Majesty however is extremely difficult to shine but has potential. (you need to have complete mastery with using her exi to cancel the many long animations she has). Also, focus gravity and gravity rush is still slightly buggy. A good thing to note that under beyond time for majesty, your damage beats all the sorcs (especially if you can squeeze 2 focus gravity inside). As mentioned above majesty is an extremely rare class, and requires exceptional piloting to do well.

I've tried her before the smasher changes (before laser ray went to 540%) and was satisfied with her performance, but still picked smasher at the end for easier gameplay. It's up to you tho, for whichever sorc you choose.

Eles for party play,
    Majesty for an extremely challenging but rewarding time (especially when you use focus and see all them balls actually working)
    Sally for a decent more easily manageable bursts
    Smasher for consistent damage and some small bursts

Can't comment on mara tho, but why play a char that you can't jobchange around if you get bored of one. lmao.
    Overall damage output ranked tho is

Smash>Sally>Maj>Eles

Difficulty wise from toughest to easiest

Maj>Smash (after the laser ray SA changes)>Eles>Sal

Last edited by wwwgoi; 09-16-2018, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• Xenocho
      Xenocho commented
      Editing a comment
      Made account to type this, sir you are amaze. But 4.36 AM......................................

Not sure how to link 2 videos into the same post, but here is a video of an extremely good majesty player for your reference as well

Comment

Words from a player who was able to main all sorc class(except for the spin off).

Smasher - this was my original, and first ever sorc main (for 4 years). But since the 93 cap was implemented I shifted to Sally due to a weakness of her that up until now is not yet revamp; the positioning, and vulnerability when casting laser ray. She did get a good revamp right now, but it made her more reliant to that skill. She has the most potential, but only in terms of party play; because you'll need party buffs in order to maximize her dps ability, especially speed buffs.

Elestra - if you're looking for dps, she's not the girl for you. Although she's the easiest to use, she is mainly for party and raid play.

Majesty - after staying to Sally for more then 2 years, I decided to try her 5 months ago. SOMETHING THAT I PERSONALLY REGRET DOING. Dps wise, she actually got more potential than Sally and Smasher without the need of party buff so much, she's good for solo gaming too (burst damage of Focus Gravity is freaking OP). But the heck, she's freaking hard to control. And if you're having latency issues with your connection, I warn you, don't ever chose any of the force user class, especially this one.

Saleana - 2 weeks ago, just a few days after the September patch, I finally gave up on Majesty and return to Sally. With her recent revamp, her gameplay is smoother than before. My 9 mins run of GN Lab floor 10 with Majesty, was reduced to 6 mins with her. As for the thing that you're talking about Flame Road and Inferno, what it means is that you can dash out(cancel it) while casting the skill.

Personally, if you ask me, I will stick to Sally. Her skill rotation now is awesome, and the now spammable Flame Burst is op too. You can maximize her dps output without the need of being stationary(something that Smasher needs).

Comment

Someone tell me a GOOD REASON to make me change my eles to sally/smasher. I know the bug reduce the effectiveness and only will be fixed on december patch. But still in 4/8 man pt, eles will always win the other sorc classes because of the freeze. It will be a slower run in nests also wihout that stupid freeze. I wish freeze did not exist.

Comment

• Xenocho
          Xenocho commented
          Editing a comment
          When your gears are high enough to deal much higher DPS than all your other team mates, which is possible with Smasher and Sally, then Eles is less efficient.

Smasher is the best option.

Comment

mara numbah wan

Comment

really? is mara better than sally?

Comment

• Xenocho
              Xenocho commented
              Editing a comment
              Unlikely. I think Sally at the moment is better than Mara but maybe not very significant diff. The comment above was more of humour. Number 1 is definitely smasher atm.
          Working...
          X