Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fundamentals of Saleana

Disambiguation:
    • Class is the primary characteristic of avatar we are playing namely Warrior, Archer, Cleric, Sorceress, Academic, Kali, Assassin, Lancea, Machina.
    • Job is the specialization of every class/job (1st job can ascend to 2nd specialization job) e.a.
      1st job Specialization: Archer - > Bow Master, Acrobat
      2nd job Specialization: Bow Master - > Sniper, Artillery OR Acrobat - > Windwalker, Tempest
    • Sorce refers to Sorceress a mage type character in game.
    • Char means character.
    Objectives of the topic:
    • To Educate people of Lagendia regarding Saleana as it's own.
    • To Orient aspiring Saleana leading them to become a good DPS provider inside nest and survive the current situation where Saleanas are being discriminated in some reason.
    • To Give hints and tips on moving well as Saleana such as skill usage and how to use it wisely in every moment they are in.
    • Give updates on the current updates of Skills of which is which, changes did happen on the past.
    • Minimize the number of discriminated Saleanas in terms of party hunting.
    Limitation of the topic:
    • This topic was not created to compare Saleana among other class more specifically with four other Job specialization of Sorceress (Black Mara, Smasher, Elestra, Majesty).
    • PVE Stats Build as per all classes is generic e.a. INT vs M. Atk priority, target Fire Attack value, Crit Rate % like all the other classes/jobs.
    • Skill Rotation is not gonna be tackled up, the author believes there is no nothing perfect or anything better by just triggering skills and casting them all with all the user's might in addition it was very complicated considering there is changes when Fever[d] activates in the process of Skill Rotation. Skills of Saleana does have long casting time making them vulnerable and with that regards skill Rotation varies on every aspect of what the events are inside nest/PVP rooms.
    • Skill Build the author believes that Saleana has a very neat Skill Tree[e] and there is no need to discuss it.
    • In depth skill analysis.
    Introduction:
    • What is a Saleana? She is a Sorceress[a] with a specialization in fire manipulation, it is a job specialization which an Elemental Lord[b] can take when you reached level 45 in game. Also refers as Selena/Seleana, Pyromancer, and some other calls it "Sally".
    • What do people think of Saleana? People tends to prefer a Saleana in their party but some other don't. The reason why is that there are so many jobs/classes that are more competent(at least at party lead's point of view) and some other let them in because they know the function and it's role of Saleana with their party.
    • What does it take to become one? Anyone could be, as long as you know the how to play Dragon Nest and press keys like a normal ones. Basic job/class in short.

Basics of Sorceress:
    A Sorceress is a magic enchanting expert character in game, she mainly use elemental attribute such as Fire, Ice/Water, Dark and Neutral ones. She relies on her intellectual abilities that is why her main stats were INT.
    In order to become Saleana, one needs to be knowledgeable of Sorceress skills and abilities.

See Demonstrations for you to have ideas on how to use each every skills.

[Flame Worm]
    Tip: you can control the Flame Worm direction by turning your view left to right.

[Glacial Spike]
    Tip: use this to make your enemy's movement speed slower.

[Wheeling Staff]
    Tip: Enhance the skill level to 6 and get the enhancement of skill (no need Class Mastery 3), it comes handy when you need to push something forward. *most difficult skill to maneuver
    Additional: Has instant movement of 1-2 meters and can be used to dodge something if used correctly.

[Poison Missiles]
    Tip: use this to monitor enemy's vulnerability and connecting combo hits. As you can see in this video Poison Missile landing area can be controlled by moving your camera view 360° and it makes the skill precision more complex, just always remember the closer you are to the enemy the easier you can hit your target with it.
    Additional: you can make the skill landing of 3 poison missiles(level 6 skill enhancement) on to one spot watch the video for reference.

[Shock Wave]
    Tip: Instantly push back enemies/objects away from you, applicable on mechs[c]. *most frequently used skill in PVP

[Void Explosion]
    Tip: You can use this to hit enemies behind walls, it has additional dark orb after explosion that stays for about 2-3 sec that is ticking damage from enemies that are on area(additional orb will not hit enemy if it wasn't caught on explosion)

[Escape]
    Tip: A very important skill of Sorceress in terms of survivability wether in PVP or in PVE. Use this skill when you've got hit by any damage inflicting environment/skills.
    Imporant: don't try to apply this skills on hard hitting e.a. Stomps, Dragon's Breath etc.
    [video demo todo]

[Mana Flow]
    Tip: It is the reason why Sorceress is important in a party particularly in raid nests. Because of its 20% Reduction on your MP Consumption and 10% Skill Cooldown Reduction the party (including you) will get more dynamic skill rotations. Make sure every member of the party gets a taste of it, the skill has 8-10 meters of AoE upon activation.
    [video demo todo]

[Blink]
    Tip: Blink is the core skill of Sorceress no. 1 mosty used skill and the most useful one. You can dodge and avoid dangers with the optimum handling. Even your Damage Per Seconds (DPS) relies on your blink handling.
    [will discuss more of it on some other time but for now just consider this is your bestfriend skill]

Elementary of Elemental Lord:
    When a Sorceress(sorce) reaches level 15 she can now advance to her job specialization and choose between Elemental Lord or Force User. [Todo] description of Elemental Lord, orienting aspiring Saleana between Elemental Lord and Force User job specialization [Todo]
    Last edited by Azukano; 04-23-2019, 07:41 PM.

References:

a. Sorceress - a practitioner of magic and a master of fire, ice and dark attribute magic. She specializes in Area of Effectivity (AoE) spells and inflicts elemental negative effects on her foes.

b
    . Elemental Lord - masters of the fire and ice elements, bending them to desired forms to obliterate the opposition. They specialize mainly in offensive magic, although they also have some utility spells that aid in defending themselves or escaping from certain harm.

c. mechs/events - Volcano Nest Stage 1 (Luga), Professor K Nest (Proto-Omega Experiment), Chiron Nest(Captain Drook), Serpentra Nest(Serpentra), Rune Dragon Nest(1st Phase Dragon Stage) etc.

reserved post.

Author Comment: Hello Dragon Nest Forum! Thanks for visiting my very first forum topic here.
    I am not done yet, have a lot to add on to discuss with and share with everyone here so please bear with me.

January 3, 2019 - Added Objectives of the topic, Limitations of the topic, some clarification with Sorce Skills. I am no wisdom in terms of PVE builds and things. I just really know how to burn things on my surroundings sorry I can't share it to you guys as I am also relying with other people's insight in terms of PVE.
    Last edited by Azukano; 01-03-2019, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• Xenocho
      Xenocho commented
      Editing a comment
      I look forward to the complete guide. All the best

• justlance
      justlance commented
      Editing a comment
      Lurking to see the full guide too. best wishes~
      Last edited by justlance; 12-27-2018, 09:05 PM. Reason: bobo grammer

*Exists*
    Time to subscribe :v
    -Support from RedTails
    Last edited by Kimorina; 12-29-2018, 10:33 PM.

Comment

*subscribing for support*
      Also saying hi from RedTails
      -kowi

PS: Kimorina sak
      Last edited by KawaiiCifer; 12-28-2018, 07:03 AM.

Comment

• Kimorina
        Kimorina commented
        Editing a comment
        aw, u sak more

I have just finished Sorceress part but I had some hard time working on it, surely the another one (Elemental Lord) will be more complex as Sorceress and much difficult to express and share my thoughts.

Comment

nice guide. saleana is my main here

Comment

gonna update soon ^_^

Comment

Working...
          X