Shooting Star skill build PVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting Star skill build PVE

Hi guys! just want to know your opinion about this build. I was wondering as well if we really do need "Mind Conquer" passive skill of academics, as you see in the build I only put it to level 2. I was a shooting star back in the 40cap and again in 93cap. But this time its quite different than before so I'm not really sure. What do you think guys? Thanks in advance :>

What I can say is.. the skill below Reload (Cannon thingy?), is really bad for PvE (maybe a little for PvP? to launch players)
    and its Awakening is really waste of Skill Points lol..

Comment

max your ammo recharge, it reduces CD.
      also, what above me said is same as my opinion about SS awakening. I dont take both of skill because its so bad and wasting time. gravity granade max seems useless too IMO. maxing all alfredo skill in engineer tree + alfredo beam can make alfredo independent DPS. I'd prefer take tower 1lv each for additional independent DPS or maxing quick shot because you will use it so often to spam splash.

Comment

• StarBright
        StarBright commented
        Editing a comment
        okay noted! ^_^ thanks much!

I'm not among the best SS out there but I am quite experienced in one, so I'd like to share my thoughts:

Max Ammo Reload please. CD reduces 0.5s per level.

It is not worth to take Air Shot awakening + Cannon Blaster awakening. Air Shot is decent but Cannon Blaster is weak as a skill (poor damage and bugs to deal no damage sometimes). The only reason to learn CB awakening is for Demolition spam, but seeing yours is lvl 1, you will only deal 25% of Demolition damage... which makes no sense. Demolition is not necessary to be used now since Splash is so strong, but this will change soon.

Learning ducks for Mecha Shock is a poor DPS investment. Even as a GM, Mecha Shock deals very little damage in actual output when looking at final Skill Details. The same goes for Gravity Grenade, as others have mentioned. But I would not agree with maxing Quick Shot as the damage increment is just terrible and it is a very weak skill nevertheless.

I would go for MM instead to buff Alfredo or that extra i-frame.

Also also, there is a QnA thread for academics, you could have just asked there or even better, refer to an SS build I made there ^^
      Last edited by Xenocho; 08-27-2018, 08:42 PM.
      Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
      Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
      Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

• Knee
        Knee commented
        Editing a comment
        Skyros Rem's build is as good as it can get, compromising on the right skills to get the best damage output.

• StarBright
        StarBright commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi senpai Xenocho just want to say that I took your advice and build my SS in Demolition build [2nd pic] seeing the nerf is tomorrow.. Im glad I did... (tho I already reset 5 days ago) just want to say thanks a lot :>

• Xenocho
        Xenocho commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm glad you still share a decent level of enthusiasm and optimism. All the best for our upcoming trial of using Demolition more
    Working...
    X