Remain Destro or change to Barb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remain Destro or change to Barb?

So as the revamp of barb in the last patch, Im thinking of changing my main destro to barb. Any thoughts if it is worth it or should I remain being destro? Which is better when it comes to Burst/Party efficiency? Currently having 422k pattk, 60% crit, 242% crit dmg in town Thankyou.

I'd say Destroyer, simply because of his extraordinary survivability.

Howl Charging + Damage Reduction combo is so powerful that you're unlikely to be killed by boss attack (as long as it's not mechanic related). In fact, depending on your max HP and def, it is very plausible for you to clear VN and GGN without ever taking the slightest damage.

Not to say Barbarian is useless (okay, maybe next to useless considering there's tons of better DPS classes like Artillery), but Barbarian damage is only a tad bit higher than Destroyer with much higher risk.

TL;DR After the latest boost, Destroyer still reigns supreme over Barbarian thanks to his tank role, extremely high survivability, huge AOE and straightforward + safer gameplay.

Comment

• CiferGranny
      CiferGranny commented
      Editing a comment
      +1 to destro. Yaa Im amaze of the survibility of destro. I don't mind boss attacks anymore lol. Thanks bro, maybe ill just boost my destro's crit and crit dmg.

Destroyer main here recommending you to stay destroyer. Lel. VN hell is a joke if your HP is high enough.

But watch out for the kdn changes where the tanks and supports were nerfed.
    Last edited by sngweiwei; 01-14-2018, 10:53 PM.

Comment

• CiferGranny
      CiferGranny commented
      Editing a comment
      How much hp is enough for hell? Starting I use destro, I rarely die in nest. I got 2.4mhp in town and if with howl i do 3.4m

• sngweiwei
      sngweiwei commented
      Editing a comment
      As of now, ur barrier is 20% of ur HP, with 3.4m HP, your barrier has around 680k hp. It will be able to take a few hits at best. And it sure as hell won't be able to take any failed mechs in VN Hell, like stage 2 for example.

• CiferGranny
      CiferGranny commented
      Editing a comment
      Okay thanks. How can I pm you sir? Got some questions

Term of dps, barb has increased by a huge margin.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUFwMQHg-e0

They appeared, gleaming and victorious. Our Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds,the ceremonial Naga drums. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. They were not stoic and silent. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.
    When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by divine blades.The drums,the Empire, fell silent forever.

Comment

• CiferGranny
      CiferGranny commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow that barb so OP. How many times are they better than destro in terms of dps now?

Originally posted by Chelly View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUFwMQHg-e0
    Haha, return of the axe/hammer users! I hope Destroyer's dps buff is at least comparable.

Comment

Hopefully Destroyer's dps buff is at least comparable to barbs after the buffs. With the new crash mode being focused just cause as much damage as possible.

Comment

• sngweiwei
        sngweiwei commented
        Editing a comment
        http://blog.divinitor.com/blog/2018/...r-translation/

Enjoy.

• Chelly
        Chelly commented
        Editing a comment
        i think barbarian would definitely be the better dps, HOWEVER that does not mean that it would be the most popular pick out of pubs or any serious raiding parties.

Destroyer on the other hand is a good semi dps semi support class , it can provide mediocre dps as well as fufilling the tanker role so most parties would still choose destroyer.

• CiferGranny
        CiferGranny commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea thanks for thay Chelly

Originally posted by sngweiwei View Post

Hopefully Destroyer's dps buff is at least comparable to barbs after the buffs. With the new crash mode being focused just cause as much damage as possible.
      In my personal and honest opinion, i feel that different class has different roles, at least in 8man raids, ( not mentioning nest / dungeons) . For many years, destroyers are a tanker class, unlike his brother barbarian which is more categorized as a dps role. I'm not saying being a destroyer means you cannot dps to fulfil the "tanker" role, but to keep up 2 roles at once will end up being sort of jack of all trades.

To the TS, it depends on what role you want to be. i will strongly recommend if you want to be a core dps, then go for barb, if you want to be a tank go for destroyer.

They appeared, gleaming and victorious. Our Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds,the ceremonial Naga drums. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. They were not stoic and silent. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.
      When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by divine blades.The drums,the Empire, fell silent forever.

Comment

In my personal and honest opinion, i feel that different class has different roles, at least in 8man raids, ( not mentioning nest / dungeons) . For many years, destroyers are a tanker class, unlike his brother barbarian which is more categorized as a dps role. I'm not saying being a destroyer means you cannot dps to fulfil the "tanker" role, but to keep up 2 roles at once will end up being sort of jack of all trades.

To the TS, it depends on what role you want to be. i will strongly recommend if you want to be a core dps, then go for barb, if you want to be a tank go for destroyer.
        i wonder if people still want tanks after the big nerf to both guard and destroyer's barriers. Good thing i don't have to change my jades since they didnt remove the 50% VIT to attk thing.

Comment

i wonder if people still want tanks after the big nerf to both guard and destroyer's barriers. Good thing i don't have to change my jades since they didnt remove the 50% VIT to attk thing.
          Hmm i think they are trying to remove the role of the tanker and healers now, if you realise most or classes now has a source of healing from their own skills. Etc ( assassin shadow, dark summoner sadism, gladiator front shove)
          i believe they did this to reduce discrimination and also tankers die off pretty quicky after a raid has been cleared, therefore being useless, so they kinda buff tankers to make them a dps instead of being a tank, i dont know how to explain but its kinda like 20% tanker ( i think only provoking swing, and the ridiculously long cd on the shell) and 80% dps.
          this actually contradicts my previous post , but judging on the future contents and support classes improvement, i think sooner or later all classes are going to be dps , and the role of main healer/tanker would be obselete in near future

Comment

Hmm i think they are trying to remove the role of the tanker and healers now, if you realise most or classes now has a source of healing from their own skills. Etc ( assassin shadow, dark summoner sadism, gladiator front shove)
            i believe they did this to reduce discrimination and also tankers die off pretty quicky after a raid has been cleared, therefore being useless, so they kinda buff tankers to make them a dps instead of being a tank, i dont know how to explain but its kinda like 20% tanker ( i think only provoking swing, and the ridiculously long cd on the shell) and 80% dps.
            this actually contradicts my previous post , but judging on the future contents and support classes improvement, i think sooner or later all classes are going to be dps , and the role of main healer/tanker would be obselete in near future
            Thats why I hope Destroyer's DPS is buffed to a level that doesn't make us even more useless since our main role as tank + durable barrier spamming has been nerfed to hell. Even crusaders are being used to do the provoking since its more effective than Destroyer's punishing swing.
            Last edited by sngweiwei; 01-15-2018, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture.JPG Views:	1 Size:	4.1 KB ID:	118117

Because moderator approval for URLs are a pain in the ass. Here's the link I took a screenshot of. Just check out the warrior section while you're there. @CiferGranny

Comment

Thats why I hope Destroyer's DPS is buffed to a level that doesn't make us even more useless since our main role as tank + durable barrier spamming has been nerfed to hell. Even crusaders are being used to do the provoking since its more effective than Destroyer's punishing swing.
              I think Destroyers are a better choice than crusaders now IMO, firstly destroyer gives good party buff 10% attack, they can give the shield although has long cd, and can still do decent damage, but most importantly the 10% attack buff for your main DPS teammates will compensate back for the dmg you did, so its more popular. I would pick a destroyer than a crus at any day any time LOL.
              The 8 man limit is pretty tight since 1 slot for tanker , 1 slot for healer and most probably 1 slot for flurry/SB (harmonize) , 1 slot for extra debuffer SE and Elestra, so technically there is only 3~4 dps slots left and usually players will pick those top dps classes such as DS/ ARTI/ RM ( flurry included). , So in a way, there is no vacancy for crusaders anymore, unless it was buffed to the top few dps classes.

Comment

Working...
              X