Dps/tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dps/tank

What's a good warrior class that can deal decent dps while still tanking? Would appreciate if anyone could give details.

DPS/TANK

Which of the classes can give 50/50? Or 70/50 - vice versa or any ratio of the two.
    TIA!

Tank? Destroyer
    DPS? Depend on your gear

Comment

• Kwangjaaaa
      Kwangjaaaa commented
      Editing a comment
      So DPS is really gear dependent? Also, what makes Destroyer a good tank?

+1 to JervissP answer. Though if you asked me, tanker/healer class will soon be dead anyway so it's better to choose DPS with high survivability

In which case, go for Barbarian since his latest update in KDN has greatly increased his DPS. Besides, he still have access to Flying Swing for 70% damage reduction which should greatly help you tank some damage in case you fail certain mechanic.

Comment

• NearLawlet
      NearLawlet commented
      Editing a comment
      Please remember that most Destroyers that can solo VN HC/Hell in YT have some of, if not the, best equipment in the game. And yes, Destroyer can solo any nest just fine with sufficient equipment, but that does not mean his DPS is 'good'. At best, his DPS is only as strong as other B-rated DPS like Smasher, Crusader (pre-boost) and Soul Eater.

What makes Barbarian a good 'tank' despite his original role being DPS? First and foremost, he has access to Flying Swing 70% damage reduction and Resentment 20% damage reduction (10% in future update). Those two skills alone, combined with Warrior naturally high defense, can reduce an otherwise fatal attack to a laughable scratch (no kidding, I can even tank VN HC crocodile fireball during bar mechanic without even receiving 50k damage)

As if those weren't enough, Barbarian also get 30% HP heal from awakened Havoc Howl.

• Kwangjaaaa
      Kwangjaaaa commented
      Editing a comment
      OH. Sooo barb is generally a DPS class while tanking. On the other hand, destroyer focuses more on tanking than dealing dmg? This made me confused on which to pick. But for now I guess I'll get destro

• NearLawlet
      NearLawlet commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, I'd still recommend Barbarian over Destroyer anytime of the day due to his much higher damage while still being tanky enough to survive nearly everything, but feel free to choose whichever you like.

Welcome to Dragon Nest, where all class can be HDPS + Tank as long as you have end-tier gears. But of course there`s still DPS ranking among classes but you get the point. But as NearLawlet said, tank/healer or in one word `support` classes will be dead soon due to upcoming revamps.

Comment

• Kwangjaaaa
      Kwangjaaaa commented
      Editing a comment
      I might as well enjoy the class now before it's too late then

Destroyer all the way. Whee. Watch ur friends die while the boss tickles you.

Sure the upcoming patches in kdn will kill our barrier spamming. But we also get a dps buff as well.

Comment

Working...
    X