Balancing crap of ed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Balancing crap of ed

Tried doing solo in MIST NEST floor 25 (Dark Avenger) and guess what MY DPS is only 380M-400M w/ WP buff and Storm of Time buff.(10%patk/matk hp)
    My gears at the time of finishing MN are +20 T2 full calypse armor set w/ full unique jades, +6 T3 calypse sword and +20T2 calypse gauntlet w/ both having unique jades. Accessories are full REFINED GENESIS SET w/ complete unique jades as well.

This is what ED's idea of balancing LMAO.
    Discord: DarkB1ad3r #5361

Well DA damage is currently bugged though so that's a factor.

Comment

• darkb1ader
      darkb1ader commented
      Editing a comment
      Waited for GOD knows how many months, and bugged is what they gave us...

• Skyros
      Skyros commented
      Editing a comment
      Wait for the fix again. Nothing we can do but wait.

• Mr.Shovels
      Mr.Shovels commented
      Editing a comment
      they actually had a fix for KDN's already, but they gave us the bug months way before we got the update on our server, seems to be like they want us to experience the same bug the KDN got lol, maybe it goes for the rest of the servers as well

Sad to say but DA will always be at the bottom of the DPS food chain.

Comment

• darkb1ader
      darkb1ader commented
      Editing a comment
      That's because ED's idea of balancing is making weak classes OP and forgetting about current OP classes so they get left behind.

DA main here since 80cap
    the current bug as i know is the dark crash and they only fixed it by this sept on korea so we have to wait like 3months? just to fix it
    also i dont feel doom blade buff dmg yet probably bugged too

i wish they increase a bit action speed for the piercing cresent the buff dmg was nice but not enough speed to hit all of those.
    and they still havent buff death knell dmg like wtf. around 80cap its ranges to thousand % then nerfed it around 90cap already 95 still hit like sht rarely use it unless for dodging/stomping purposes.

and dont worry bout dps meter. we're burst type/nuke class
    Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	9.2 KB ID:	147539
    Last edited by kipi; 09-10-2018, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• darkb1ader
      darkb1ader commented
      Editing a comment
      They made DN SEA a TEST SERVER.
      That's what happened...

• Skyros
      Skyros commented
      Editing a comment
      Every class has their ups and downs. ML was dead in 90-93 cap (until ED decided to wao MBD's damage). Glad wasn't a thing during the whole 'Elemental party' era and had the spotlight during the 90 cap.
      DA was really good in cap 93 (specially in Rune).

Every class had the spotlight for a while and then a straight-up dunk afterwards. It's been happening since and I think it won't stop soon.

• Xenocho
      Xenocho commented
      Editing a comment
      The real test server is KDN. DNSEA can predict whats coming based on future content.

DA damage sucks balls. I have both DA and ML guess what, my DA has 50% FD 100% fire attack 300cdmg and 1.5m patk. ML has 800 patk 30% fd 40ish elem and smash x hits harder than doom blade!

Comment

• darkb1ader
      darkb1ader commented
      Editing a comment
      Couldn't agree more...
      Doom Blade (12s cd )1B damage can easily be achieved by MBD w 6s CD LMAO.

Tbh i have no idea when will Doom Blade be fixed , at this point i'm too frustrated because i don't even feel certain if next patch it'll be fix or not, or we will have to wait until who knows when. As for Dark Crash, likewise.
    I've read in the scylla patch that there'll be a fix for DA. But nothing mentioned about Doom Blade, and i can't find any DA players in other servers at all ( cdn, kdn , jdn ) to ask them if Doom blade is bugged too on their servers or it only happens in sea.

Doom Blade was one of the hardest hitting skill and it should still be that way with the boost. But now.... it dropped to 7th place in dps meter

Currently we are losing 2k% missing board damage of Doom Blade + 5k% missing board damage of Dark crash = 7k% every 15seconds of our combo.
    Per minute, we lost 28k % board damage......
    Last edited by TerraOD; 09-11-2018, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• TerraOD
      TerraOD commented
      Editing a comment
      Fixed a problem in which its damage was different from the tooltip during transformation.
      It say "its damage" meaning Dark Crash's damage was different from the numbers that show in the description.

About Doom Blade, is it really only happens in Sea ? Then at least that's a good new, so we can hope to get it fixed nonetheless

• Skyros
      Skyros commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah. The tooltip is the description that appears when you hover your pointer over the skill. My take on the bug is that it's the tooltip which is bugged since under DA transformation, all main skill damage are increased by 50%, maybe the tooltip doesn't reflect this (thus, bugged).
      It's more on bugs on the text and not on the skill damage itself.

• TerraOD
      TerraOD commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you are right I just tested.
      When i use Doom Blade and Vengeance Storm w/o DA form, they both do the same among of output damage. 5259% and 5376%
      When use during DA form, they both increased in damage too but VS did alot more damage than DB.
      I think your conclusion is correct. It's the DA form that uses the wrong value.
      But then it's more confusing. If Doom Blade and Dark Crash don't use the correct value during transformation, then what value are they using, cuz i tested during human form and DA form, they did got increased damage by 50% in DA form.
      Test in : Human Form // Da Form // Result
      VS : 5376% +50% = Correct Value
      DB : 5259% +50% = False Value ( ? )

im experiencing the same too my d.a have 77% fd 05%fire attack 2.1m att in town max crit crt dmg yet i only do 800m dps in btg and in lab 30 nests i nvr exprience being on top dps even i am more geared than them

Comment

i thought the patch note in november will solve my problem but im disappointed when i read the patch note no update to our D.A sad we still have to endure long time

Comment

• darkb1ader
        darkb1ader commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm not really counting on them to make Dark Avenger go back to its former glory as we could see what they've accomplished in the past year. Pretty much nothing as the balancing they've done was overshadowed by the nerfing that soon followed.
        All I want is that they change/remake some of their skills because they're mostly useless or breaks the momentum of the character.

An example would be Dark Surffering/Suffering and Soul Cutter.
        Dark Surffering/Suffering not only puts you in a stance where you're pretty much vulnerable to every attack, it also has low to obsolete damage making it nearly worthless to use. (If they allow this skill to be use while in the air and suspends you there, that'd be cool though LOL)
        Soul Cutter has a suckish delay which for a debuff skill is quite irritating to reuse. Most of the time I got hit from a boss' attack is because of this skill.
        Last edited by darkb1ader; 01-14-2019, 07:36 PM.

• Mr.Shovels
        Mr.Shovels commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't think that they will put up any skill changes for the spin-off characters anytime soon considering it's almost 100 level cap, and we all assume it will be the end where ED just kills the game and stop having any new content and startoff with another project that they could focus on... i think?

Dark Avenger seems to be like not a Dark Avenger with that Dark Suffering skill, soul cutter doesn't add up with the slow animation and stance.

Some of his skills are also too narrow to be used or just plain useless in anyway:

Graves - No debuff, just plain dps skill, it's good enough for a filler skill but the slash range isn't really that much wide compared to the triple slash, as well as the 3rd slash including the alternative can only hit targets on a narrow line infront of the character. Should this skill be revamped? yes, but should it be replaced with another new skill? absolutely considering they can just add up a skill here that could instead summon a large sword infront to deal massive damage in an instant, since all of DA's best skill can just burst in all the damage output of his skill in just a few blows, and most of it are wide AoE skills and DA could be considered as a mid to close range fighter with a lot of wide AoE skills.

Dark Stinger - Has a debuff, also got better dps than Graves but if you aim wrong you won't be able to hit your target especially small ones on dungeons, also has fast animation like Graves so it's a bit erratic if you just go aimlessly hold the left mouse button to use the skill as fast as possible because that's what most players do. Should this skill be revamped? not necessarily because it's good enough, but should it be replaced with a new skill? depends, maybe a skill simple enough that can easily target an opponent with a single massive hit would do the trick like a large dark energy sword upfront similar to HMS of moonlords, and if only there was certain skills to reduce its cooldown further you could spam it in range.

Piercing Crescent - It's good because you can spam and stay in mid-air to avoid danger from below the ground, but i think that the slow animation of it makes it pretty much a lesser version in comparison with that of Grand Cross, which both Saint and Inqui got a revamped and is now much effective at best with faster animation, better dps etc, especially on saint it has an explosion effect which is cool. PC doesn't have that much dps if you do not spam all 3 charges and each charges can swing up 3 dark energy swords with a total of 9, although if were to target a moving target, even with its large AoE it doesn't really do anything that much if it doesn't get hit. Should this skill be revamped? yes, in my opinion its a good enough skill, doesn't need any skill replacement perhaps it's the most unique skill in the game considering it's nothing like what the Moonlord's skills would be. If it were to be revamped, it is better if there were 3 stages of charging effect instead of having 3 instances of that skill, for example a type of skill with a charging Half moon slash in a form of a big piercing crescent moving in really fast in a large AoE and could hit its target multiple times, and has 3 stages of charging similar to that of Flurry's skill, cutting slash? not sure what's the name.
        1st stage of charging would be its base damage, ofc its base damage would be the combined 3 instances of piercing crescent on each dark energy swords combined into 1 massive one, 2nd stage of charging should increase its dps potential by around 150%, then 3rd stage would be buffing the character with an action speed buff that could last for 10 seconds to compensate for any other combos the player do like a Dark Crash.
        Then we can assume that instead of linking the rising slash to Dark Crash, it will only proc an instant of Piercing Crescent, giving it a faster action speed (besides the buff) and when Piercing Crescent is used, CM 2 would proc and that Dark Crash's DPS would have a 20% increase in damage. This should require the player to use Dark Avenger bubbles, i almost forgot to mention that my plan here is that this skill should have no cooldown and that only requires 10 dark avenger bubbles to be used.

Soul cutter - this should be removed and CM2 should be placed on the skill system of Piercing Crescent, the one i suggested, also PC could also have its attribute debuff as well or maybe add in some sort of marking skill that will affect the target with the debuff but has an increased duration.

Dark Suffering - this should either be removed or be able to use in mid-air, this skill could be improved by increasing its DPS, make the slashes less but make it like a mini Piercing Crescent skill with an increment towards its damage each time the skill accurately hits the target, similar to Flurry's Vulnerable Effect, everytime the skill hits its target it reduces its physical defense by a small amount, ofc this would only be exclusive to the skill.

Dark Riser - this skill has a bit of a drag when using, keeps you in mid-air for a good 1.2 sec while not using any other skill to chain it with, this gives the enemy an opportunity to hit you hard while unable to move swiftly, this skill should either be removed or changed into something else, maybe instead of being an active dps skill, this could be switched into a buff with the same title, that makes the Dark Avenger fly off in mid-air while using several skills that could be used in mid-air or Aerial skills which if you are flying would increase the skill animation by atleast 10% of the time and uses Dark Avenger bubbles.

Step blade - instead of being a dps skill that requires hitting a target to move in and teleport, instead this should work like the teleport of Force Users to begin with, but not as effective as their teleport ofc, just a simple skill that could be used to move in long distances in a hurry or to avoid any mech that would eventually hit him. Skill animation should be the same as before, but ofc it doesn't need to hit its target and maybe instead throws off his sword in a distance or an energy sword if throwing its physical sword not possible and then teleports to its location.

Avenger Force - Not really trying to say it's a useless skill but rather i want the Dark Avenger bubbles count limit to be increased from 30 to 60 in order to make use of my suggestion on Piercing Crescent and ofc no necessary increase on the production of the Dark Avenger bubbles when Avenger force is used since it is easily created.

Dark Avenger - the buffs applied when transformed isn't effective unlike from before, and so in order to make very much use of this form besides for looks and enhanced skills, this form should increase the character's STR value by atleast 10%, critical chance by a solid 10% instead of its default value which is 680 that isn't making any sense when added up on the value of your critical chance, it wouldn't make any difference or increase on the critical chance. the duration of the buff applied should be unlimited while the transformation is still in effect, this should only be dispelled when the transformation effect is lost when run out of Dark AVenger bubbles.

Class mastery 3 - as i have said before, this shouldn't be connected to Dark Crash anymore and that this should only be linked on Piercing Crescent so the player don't need to choose which skill to enhance, the 50% charging time for Piercing Crescent should be applied on here when used, so after using the enhanced Piercing Crescent, when the player decides to use another using 10 Dark Avenger bubble, the effect wouldn't apply to it, this also makes the Piercing Crescent when activated via CM3 consume no bubble.

Class mastery 2 - Instead of step blade and soul cutter, when Piercing Crescent is used you can use Dark Crash instant with an increased 20% on damage, has separate cooldown on Dark Crash. OR a good alternative would be to increase its healing effect from 5% to 10% removing the damage increase but retaining the instant skill effect.

Class Mastery 1 - instead of a 5% critical damage increase, it should be instead a 10% increase in cdmg, OR a good alternative is an increase on HP per dark avenger bubble, lets say 0.375% per dark avenger bubble respectively on CM 2 alternative changes.

That's all i could think of, i didn't do any maths on this one but i do hope its good enough that DA would be a different character once it gets revamped in the near future, or if my ideas apply well on the situation given time it gets read by a roaming moderator and that relayed this suggestion to the devs or any other higher authority on the company LOL asking for too much but oh well, not even sure if others would agree to this considering its just all my personal preference.
        Last edited by Mr.Shovels; 01-20-2019, 05:57 AM.

• darkb1ader
        darkb1ader commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice effort unfortunately it will be one of those suggestions that will be left hanging in the air.
        I agree with you about revamping skills of Dark Avenger but I doubt we can expect much from ED anymore.
        I believe they've started to revamp/rebalance again some of the other classes skills but like I said before don't count on it much because the idea of ED's balancing were in the past... Well...
    Working...
    X