Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

let's fix dn pvp attitude(contain personal anti runner tactic, techniques, procedure)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• let's fix dn pvp attitude(contain personal anti runner tactic, techniques, procedure)

i was a part of pvp player in dn community. i was requesting to anyone that read this post, to help fix community attitude start by himself/herself. here what i think will work:

-let's stop anime way of killing, i kill my enemy and act cool. this attitude hurt other player so much. i've seen alot of this, example after defeating other player, you holster your weapon and try to get best angle for your win view. the best thing you can do after winning is stop any movement, no gesture (unless you play with someone you know, and you know he/ she wont get hurt). stopping your movement is a sign of respect.

-do not mocking other weak player. no player start being pro at beginning, they always start as beginner. tell them their mistake, help them improve. they will remember you and your kindness. and your overall reputation is good. even if you lose agaisnt them in the future, they will respect you, because i didnt see any situation, even in history, when teacher was mocked by his student when he/she became successful in carreer. they will always thanking the teacher.

-if youre old player, stop "seniority" attitude, be a teacher for new player, tell them what is wrong, help them improve. it will incerase your reputation more than being a trashtalker or "i was god of pvp" attitude

-do not easily insulted, if you easily insulted, you cannot learn.i know community is toxic, but doesnt mean you get poisoned easily. i see lots of people stuck on their overall capability because of hotheaded they are.

-at all cost do not use laughing gesture if you win. gesture if you win is bad manner, laughing is far more worse. this was the reason when in kof people accidentaly gesture, they write "x gesture/x ges"

-running have it's time and place. i didnt blame runner, because sometimes i do the same, and some class are pure kiter like sniper. but running entire map and wasting your mp is not wise. it was usually interpreted runner= weak here, but i think running = no respect. why you play pvp if you just want to run around the map?

-let's stop "i want to kill you" attitude, and build "let's fight like a man" pvp attitude. you will improve skill right pvp attitude

like i promised above, here was my personal tactic, techniques,procedure (T.T.P) to combat runner in 1v1 secenario
    *COMBATING RUNNER

here was advice to player that fight runner often:

-at all cost, save your skill. do not use them if too far. do not counter runner with spam skill, it will make you weak

-if enemy too far, and strike with long range skill, it was easy to anticipate the striking path, you can avoid them just by walking, or just tumbling.it was better to walk sideways than froward/ backwards. not many player here is marksmen though.

-intentionally getting hit will force them to advance closer to continue hitting you. depend of your class, this was your best timing to counterattack a runner, cuz they will be unprepared to any kind of counterattack

-no matter how good he was running, there was a time he/she will stop, and cast skill. predict this point of stop, and you can cut the distance and caught them off guard.

-if you turn your back, you cannot see your enemy, runner is same, exploit this. NEVER run behind him, youre prone to blind counterattack from the runner. if you need to chase behind runner, always maintain far distance.

-usually best solution agaist runner is stay at your place, but running further and making bigger gap double the effect. it messed up his/her skill prediction, range,and timing and you can hide from his/ her line of sight. they was forced to recalculate his timing subconciously. and from afar you can see his movement. if he dashing toward you this was your striking time. dash toward him too. if you can avoid/ cancel his/ her 1st strike, he was left with no skill. and forced to run again. this was your momento to punish them because:

*to dash, they need tumble, tumble/ blink have 2s cooldown, that means if you can hit them in this interval with any skill, even the weak one, he/ she cannot dodge and forced to use power tumble/ ae. do not be greedy and try to chase if youre not confident. stop, maintain distance, and relocate your position,cuz this will happen free for you, they will stop it takes some time for someone that running to find you.chase them, force them to tumble or blink again, and catch them on your 2nd attack. they only expect you to behind them, not more,no less (i fight elestra often, and with this method, i sometime laughed by myself when they turned their back and cast freezing sword blindly, cuz they tought i was behind them)

*DEALING WITH KITER

kiter is slightly different, they maintain best range so their skill is at effective situation, and you are less effective.Runner is situation when you make distance that outside of your range, and enemy skill range. in nowaday pvp situation, this was happened often in form of kali, sorceress, abyss walker, sniper, silver hunter,etc. it was basically same, they will bait you to get close, when you cast skill, they teleport away, forcing you to be constantly on chase. melee style kiter will strike fast and quickly make distance, while ranged will tend to relocate position sideways or backwards. kiter is more dangerous than runner tbh, but dealing with them is basically the same.

-kiter will stop, at certain point to cast skill. do not chase the character, but run toward this predicted point. margin of error is high for beginner, but the more you fight and lose, the more you can see the overall pattern, and make it easier.

-be careful of your tumble, kiter will wait for the momento when you tumble, they will strike you when you done tumbling, because they know you cannot avoid any kind of attack they deliver after you tumble

-kiter rarely turn their back, they tumble sideways often so they didnt break line of sight. the 1st thing you should do is break his/ her line of sight. rule agaisnt kiter is simple: always tumble when they cast skill and avoid getting hit. you dont need to be madly dash, walking is more than enough for most of time. but when they cast skill, dodge it and quickly run toward them or run around, or run away. rinse and repeat this method and you can adjust the range whenever you like with any kind of class

*PERFORM THE INITIAL HIT

-measuring distance is the key of success. no need to panicking if your enemy running, they cant hit you when they run, better you brew some good tea or coffee while they waiting for skill cooldown right? the sucess is not cancel their skill, but hitting them is great achievement, sound silly i think, but if you can hit them, you can cancel their skill right?

-if enemy is afar, you have extra movement room, do not move only toward runner/ kiter, but try to move around them, like trying to encircle them, or use random zigzag pattern taht run backward,froward, sideways. it force them to be confused and lost track of your movement.

-perform my pattern if you like : tumble, 3/ 2 skill, left/ right click, then repeat it, maintain around 2 sec interval between tumble. (dashing, jumping are considered skill here, and count passive skill). by doing this, you make a random pattern of your skill that simply hard to predict, even with low aoe character you can cover large area around you. if you didnt think it work, use other pattern, but always cover large area around you with skill to restrict runner /kiter movement.

-focus on hit and run method, sounds silly, but fighting runner are best with player that are flexible with range, he can force enemy in situation where this runner will cast certain specific skill (advanced player technique) and force it in cooldown state.

*DON'T DO LIST AGAISNT RUNNER

-tanking, even if you have tanky ability, or slow moving class, try to keep mobile. usually runner/ kiter resort their high dmg/ high super armor break skill when they attack, so it was nearly impossible to tanking without suffer great dmg

-chasing behind runner/kiter. this was major mistake agaisnt runner and it was your mistake if you doing that

-wrong tumbling to avoid skill, and use tumbling only to dash, ignoring how to use this skill is like putting yourself on small cage. it restrict your movement and flexibility. the 1st thing you learn to pvp is not combo, not dps, it was tumble. it was what old player learn for the 1st time before combo, how to avoid, cancel enemy skill with help of tumble.

-wrong range management, try to be flexible, adjust range between you and opponent quickly, be quick when closing or making distance, and always remember, moving sideways like trying to encircle and zigzag pattern will break their line of sight and make them confused with your movement. become mobile is more important than using skill in this situation.

-spam skill, do not spam skill, unless you already predict enemy movement you can spam skill. not toward the enemy, but toward their stopping point.

*LAST NOTE*
    # This was my last note, this was very personal, but i found that tumbling backward can trick your opponent. they will think you get hit with their skill, but actually not. on most case i prefer tumbling backward then skill cuz i didnt need to break my own line of sight, and deceive my enemy. tumbling froward or sideways break line of sight, and many player are trained to counter this kind of tumble.

# even with the fact running/kiting is bad, doesnt mean you shouldnt use it, but use it only to avoid enemy skill with big aoe,or too dangerous te get hit. running too far are prone with my tactic i write above.

i know this was far from anything. i know there was better player out there that can deal with runner. i hope this guide help new player dealing with runner/kiter, and also making dn pvp community more healthy. any kind of suggestion, support or not are welcomed.

(reserved)

Comment

I believe the main reason why people are less doing pvp is because of the pvp itself.
      Your point might be one reason but I really do believe it's mostly because of the pvp system right now, it's broken.
      Although I agree that most people are like that, feeling high and almighty when they win as if they were able to kill a GOD LMAO. But hey you can't blame them that's how they play, not everyone can be well mannered.

Goodluck with your advocacy sir.
      Discord: DarkB1ad3r #5361

Comment

This is the cure for cancer.

Comment

I enjoyed PvP mostly because of its infinite challenges. Different players, different skills, different talents and abilities, it is like you're playing Raid Nests in PvE (which I enjoyed a lot in PvE). It's true that there are players who will talk trash on you when you win/lose to them, it is somewhat the nature of PvP players and I'm really used to it now.

I missed the old days of PvPing tho, Ghoul Mode, Occupational War *if its right*, Free for All, and a tons of Captain Mode rooms. *sigh* sweet memories
          MilleFiyuKathrissFiyurisslKofuku

Comment

Working...
          X