Reaffirming our fears.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reaffirming our fears.

So, I don't really know what I was expecting to come from this update. The "Massive PvP overhaul" which was originally announced as october, then november, then got pushed back again to december and once more to january, has been pushed back AGAIN to february. But that's not the part I'm really worried about. Within the recent blog posts from Developer K (Producer K, w/e name he goes by now) it has become even more clear that none of the development team even think about the pvp within DN, let alone play it. He has said within his blog post the following:

"First of all, the most free mode is ladder, and I think that should be the standard for PVP."

Which, unfortunately, couldn't be further from the truth. Ladder is often viewed as barely PvP due to the high gear requirement, and is often seen as more PvE player skewed, than PvP. Ladder is a game mode which rewards PvE gear over PvP skill, and as such is often disregarded by plenty of PvPers.
    But that isn't the only slap in the face within this most recent blog post:

"Since when did your interest in PVP grow so much? Was it because of the postponement of this patch? I’m a little worried that it won’t be worth the wait. Let me talk about the PVP changes."

Do you never venture beyond the little bubble known as the ED development building? It feels like no one on the dev team is even trying anymore. It's not that it "won't be worth the wait" (Spoiler alert, you've postponed it 4 months in a row now it better be bloody magnificent), but clearly no one on the dev team plays PvP, so how can we trust them to balance it? If you don't have any developers who specialize in the PvP aspects of this game then it'll never be truly balanced, and all the hype and failure that is perpetuated is just a waste of time that the devs use to bide us here until the next "balance" patch.

Devs, listen to your players. Jesus christ.
    What to write here.

you know, the moment when you realize that the dev and the community itself is retarded af on the topic of balancing stuff is the moment when you realize that this game is beyond help

the dev is one thing, but the community, man.
    I dont care how many hate I will get from saying this but as I venture more on reading the community's point of view of "balance" I always get the impression of "oh we are fucked now"

there is barely any people in the community who have brain now, even if the dev start to listen, everything would still be shit, if not, shittier.

it's gonna be damn so pointless to pour even a little bit of "passion" on this game now

as sad as it might be, but it's time to move on

Comment

Originally posted by Antasena View Post
      you know, the moment when you realize that the dev and the community itself is retarded af on the topic of balancing stuff is the moment when you realize that this game is beyond help

I dont care how many hate I will get from saying this but as I venture more on reading the community's point of view of "balance" I always get the impression of "oh we are fucked now"

there is barely any people in the community who have brain now, even if the dev start to listen, everything would still be shit, if not, shittier.

it's gonna be damn so pointless to pour even a little bit of "passion" on this game now

Don't worry, i'm fully aware of how the community balances things as well, unfortunately. But no matter how bad it may be, It can't be much worse than them rebuffing RM or deciding ladder should be the "standard" for PvP.
      What to write here.

Comment

Balance is when they boost Oracle Elder's already high superarmor even further with the latest patch, especially when there's no words about the class' overpowered mdef.

Surely they can't mess things up any-- Oh wait, they accidentally released Lancea awakening earlier than planned. Any chance of implementing Bleed Phantom too after the next 'urgent' maintenance?
        Last edited by NearLawlet; 01-10-2018, 04:12 AM.

Comment

• jeecay
          jeecay commented
          Editing a comment
          i believe that the op mdef of oe's was already fixed by the latest patch

I was away for months and this is the thing I see. I was actually hoping a little when they said that massive overhaul.

"Since when did your interest in PVP grow so much?"

lol abandon all hope pvp mates!

Tales of Zestiria Combo Playlist: https://youtu.be/vmcbzOHhl64

Comment

• BlessedSign
          BlessedSign commented
          Editing a comment
          Since ur a regular respawner i say don't even bother coming back

• Vhanzy
          Vhanzy commented
          Editing a comment
          I dont even play respawn regularly anymore too this is the reason why I was hoping a little with that massive overhaul they said back then.
          I miss playing 1v1 but with todays standards it doesn't feel as epic and exciting anymore since DN is getting casualize as time goes by.

Originally posted by Antasena View Post

I dont care how many hate I will get from saying this but as I venture more on reading the community's point of view of "balance" I always get the impression of "oh we are===>> fucked now"

there is barely any people in the community who have brain now, even if the dev start to listen, everything would still be===>> shit, if not, shittier.

Sad no the closure for this matter is if U lack the adrenaline to play this game U gotta change channel !
        usted golpea la Diana en este conseguir una cosa de la vida.
        Many players in DNNA as well as SEA have quit for the same reason, many technical aspects have been neglected,
        many tickets ignored or discarded, maintenance portal bug/log in errors gamers are getting tired of playing this game
        is heading in the wrong direction.
        It is time DN listen and do somethin' about players concerns.​​​​​
        http://dnmgame.com.tw/sea_sqdl/en.php

Priestess of Darkness THRONE OF ELVES

https://www.facebook.com/DragonNestMSEA/

WONDERFUL THEME PARK Store( Hero Synthesis)

Comment

Working...
        X