a little farewell analyze and onion (oops,opinion i mean) about pvp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a little farewell analyze and onion (oops,opinion i mean) about pvp

well, more like vacuum for a looooong time, because my isp blocked connection to dn sea server, and i didn't think i will change my isp for this year , and second reason is dash removal from kdn patch that was already implemented. Desn't mean i love runner, but because they didnt give other alternative for class with limited movement, and cosidered of how huge nowadays skill AoE, or extremely high SaB, or skill that was close to undodgeable, it makes more sense that people prefer to run like madmen, because that was their only option in their mind. gladiator style side dodge that use bubble (old version, not nowaday version 15sec cd in pvp) was considered impressive for this kind of fight without dash thing, as it was greatly improve class mechanic in pvp,even though it was hard to use.

as i was seeing lots of pvp player, i was noticed that they usually cast skill too far, or too scared to fight at close range so they gamble with their long range skill. other is they tend to spam skill, look at ripper vs ripper on kof, they usually cast a certain set of skill, try hitting their enemy with everythng he have , when they out of skill they simply escape, hit and run style. it makes sense in group pvp, but on 1v1? unlike group, you didnt have other player to cover yourself when you're out of skill. i usually see this kind of playstyle, when both player switch for attack and defense very often. if they counter they duel super armor and armor break skill, or skill with iframe. i didnt say it was not good, but that was not the only option

so from my personal analyze, it was mainly because of "expanded view" option from esc button menu are activated. if you uncheck that, player awareness is more limited, and their range preception is more closer than with expanded view . this kind of view is what old player have, so they more prefer precise skill usage tham spam skill, because it was more harder to locate their enemy, so precise counter, escape, evasion, attack and defense are more valuable than spam skill. if enemy too far they prefer to getting close carefully, walk paced, than nowaday player that prefer to dash.

another aspect is crusader revamp, i personally impressed that devs start touching pvp, as they improve paladin passive skill, not super powerful, but improved. mechanic is also changed, and i didnt cover full mechanic change because it will be more text. about dmg i didnt sure, but i must say this class mechanic are improved, and i hope future patch are like this. we have alot of skil that was underused because of naturaly limited usefullnes, usually passive skill are not used, balanced? every people have their own opinion, so i don't know is crusader balanced or not, but again about mechanic i was impressed.

oracle elder, well i was personally like when this class have bug, that make magic dmg lower than usual. this accident might open new idea possibilities, that can dictate new style, specialization, and how class behave in pvp. i was imagining what called "perfect counter" class, when certain class have more adventage than some class, but very disadventage situation agaisnt another, and this kind of method can simplfy balancing problem. but yea, this kind ot thinking are not for everyone, but might be a good idea as reference, so i leave it here

i think priest class (both saint and inquistor) need extra work. they didnt have any good skill for self defense, and with dash removal it might give them more trouble.i think some work from cleric skill tree will solve problem for this class, like making shield bash more reliable, more reliable dvine combo. it was a good idea ift hey have option place relic near them, for their own defense.

sorceress skill tree suck, fireball suck, elemental lord have worst passive that was not newbie friendly and not very reliable on combat, i personally pity sally because fireball belong to her. it was slow to cast because of charging thing. no more to say, i hope devs have solution for this matter. at last introduce new mechanic for this class.

devs, please, do something about tempest HD. i was ok with 5 time hd spam, but i was not ok that i cannot escape consecutive hd attack. i mean i hit tempest to the point of dying, only to get caught with hd spam that i cannot escape even a single hd from her consecutive attack because no counter technique are effective if you get caught.

change location abuse, well, even though i prefer fair game, this button exist, and can be used. if it was useful and it work, why not use it? (i was sure lots of people gonna enraged with this topic, but yeah this was personal opinion, and this was forum, and i didnt think i was going to jail or having hit squad chasing me for write this....well.....i hope....)

since dn pvp becomes more fast paced, and all class can hit enemy easily, why not give each class extra counter based skill? and how about each class have reliable skill that can hit enemy from far distance in case ur enemy run too far? i didnt think it was a bad idea, what about your idea? is it good idea?

well, because i was a moonlord player, i must say they need to revamp eclipse awaken. i mean, it was absurd, it have iframe, high super armor break, lift, all in one skill with 20 sec cooldown. i personally say this skill are too op. do you think cyclone awaken op? try remove awaken eclipse, and let's see if you can relase cyclone slash effectively. at last change it to iframe only, not too strong, not too weak, but still useful in pvp

again with moonlord, i have mixed feeling with awaken moonlight splitter, that change to mini cyclone mode. it was a hard choice for me, between ex and awaken, both of them are good, why not both? (just kidding) . well, awaken cyclone rock if you are interested with moon blender....i mean, moon blader.... my bad. well, personally i love this skill, pure dps skill, if you know how to use it. cast 1 set and use skill that lift enemy, rinse and repeat. balanced? this was what dps skill should be, hard to use, but if it hit your enemy they know they are in trouble.

rip mercenary, youre still in my heart (as tough enemy in the past). why dev, why,why you make mercenary insanely weak T_T. why you make flying swing weak, is it too painful to revamp this class? or you have more better plan for this class? well... enough with the drama thing i guess. i was wondering why our old howler lost their bark? wny not improving punishing swing so it throw multiple cannonball, or make it faster? and why not make demolition fist with shorter cooldown? dang, mercenary is absurd class to play. this class have dmg, but cannot make his enemy get hit with his skill, because he didnt have reliable skill to catch them. passive dash blow? it was reliable, but seriously? it was a good counter skill, but not reliable attacking skill unless you revamp it

academic, or you say, loli, it was a fun class to play, and ray mechanic will make you in gundam mode. adept are tough one, because of her magma jump. i think it was good idea if it was tanky, but i feel kinda sad when my halfmun canceled with her magma jump. are this skill also need high armor break? if there are no dash, this skill will be very dangerous, so i have they anticipate this and solve possible problem in the future. i think some player have their own technique to deal with this skill, but how about player that unfamiliar with this skill?

well, i guess that's all. i didnt know where to post this, so i leave it here. if it was not the right place, forum admin will place this post on the right place ( i hope not on the trashcan) but well... it's up to you to read this, if this was useless post than my bad you waste your time reading this wall of text, if this was informative i hope you like it. oya, see you on 2019 pal ( i hope dn still exist at that time, so i can make my comeback )

edit*
    i didnt cover all class, or all thing because it will be a more of text, and my old man said essay should like miniskirt, long enough to cover major part, but short enough to make it interesting
    Last edited by pancimania; 03-21-2018, 07:11 AM.

Please tell your old man he is a gentleman and emphasize it is not as short as he think^^

Comment

Working...
    X