Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current pvp status

Basically what the title says.

After being on hiatus for a couple of years, I'm planning to play again depending on how good the current pvp scene is.

Also, how's the ghosting / teleporting issue for DN SEA?

How's the meta today? (Last time I played KOF *around 60 - 70 cap*, it was dominated by guardians, tempest/ww, and elestras).

I used to play in westwood server (IGN DynrA, gladiator). idk if any old souls are still playing. TIA.

dominated by defensios thinking they are all that when they have base 600 sa

Comment

• DynrA
      DynrA commented
      Editing a comment
      I see.. watched a few videos of defensio and it really is like a merc on steroids lol. Very winnable though, just have to get used to their skills that are punishable.

still a lot of trashtalker, especially on 1v1, not a newbie friendly community, unless u have experienced player on ur side to teach and make guidance about ho-to-do-it-right, it was very difficult to adapt. Lack of guidance video on yt about up to date technique. 1 month will be rough, 2nd month u get used to it. depend of ur time allocation to play. mostly add more stress than relief playing pvp, unless u are dedicated one

Comment

Went on a hiatus when it was 50-cap. Comparing present and the past, I personally think the teleporting/lagging issue is definitely better now but you'll still encounter some laggers once in a while.

Regarding the current meta, the following are all based on my own opinions so yeah.

Some notable classes that I'm having more troubles dealing with are Moonlord/Majesty/Elestra/Guardian/Ripper/Spirit Dancer/Defensio

Guardians are disgusting if they are veterans, but a total meatbag if they're not skilled enough, especially since they removed aerial block. Moonlord with the awakening is deadly and annoying. Rippers are really soft but they have both high SA and SAB at the moment, not to mention they have self-heal. Defensio's 50 ability, Taunting Blow, getting hit by that pretty much guarantees a recatch, plus it hurts a lot.

Comment

Well.. as the current august patch, PVP is still broken. Maybe there's a patch soon but knowing the devs always dont care about the pvp scene, no knows what's gonna happen.

Sword Master classes I feel is still quite balanced. Gladiator have the upper hand compared to Moonlord, as line drive damage is just to insane. Moonlord is still the spam king because of the instants, but the damage is not that broken.
        Mercenaries are okay, unless you're destroyer. Destroyer is broken in my opinion, the damage output is just way too much with a decent number of SA. I super rarely see barbarian nowadays.

Acrobats are still very very strong, but WW is much more popular because of its spam rising force + showtime. jump jump FORCEEEE, kaboom get 20-30k damage. Oh did I mention rising force got an instant version too? gg. Tempest is on the rare sight now. Despite the hurricane dance being so powerful (also can do it 3x in a row)l, its harder to land compared to WW skills.
        Bowmasters are okay, except if you're sniper, haha cheating point is hella useless in pvp, only in effect if you use change shot and siege stance (which have 50 sec cd now), and it's cd is waaaay too long. you can use it to bait your enemy anymore. I suggest go to Arty. Arties have its cannonade and fatal TA instant in pvp now, with a much easier activation. Oh also it didnt share a cooldown, so ya'll can spam TA here and there. Sniper's so called instant needs to be activated with siege stance, also siege charge shot will share its cd. no spam for u snipy.

Sorcs are still quite balanced in my opinion. They always have been a great damage dealer to begin with, and also landing combos is not that easy. Saleanas and Elestras are in the same level, but Saleana have the upper hand in terms of burst damage. Elestras are still very very annoying with her freezing skills. Majesty is the cheapest class within the 4 classic Sorc classes. Gravity switch instant is just cheap. If you want easy win, go majesty. Smasher are great but harder to use compared to her sister counterpart.

Paladins are super stronk now. Both guardians and crusaders. Their electrifying combos are hard to deal with. and oh auto block. They're not just simple a tank, they're damage dealers that can block. Balance you say? questionable. Priest classes are in a very rare sight too. I played inqui and I have to say its easier to play compared to saint. Easier doesnt mean easy. Other classes instants and damage burst are just nuts. Saint can deal a super painful damage, but need to bait your foe with your planted relics....

Academic? broken.

Kali? even more broken.

Assasins? questionable, but broken.

Lancea? Lancea's are in the upper hand position compared to the 4 classic classes, but her evade and burst skills are really crazy especially post awakening. They have a high SA, long evasion distance, self buff and mid range. Broken? not really, but leaning towards it.

Machina? I am super armor. Break me not as I am unbreakable. rawr >:3

As a 70-80 cap pvp player, I dont even bother playing with any of the spinoff classes. the brokenest of all.
        want to have an easy win? choose them.

Again, its my opinion, agree or not, its up to you.

Comment

It's worse now compared to old PVP. Old pvp has never failed to amuse players because players then ACTUALLY BOTHERED TO LEARN COMBOS than spam like today. Awakenings will get nerfed on September patch so wait for it to have a chance.

Instakick jobs - Moonlord, Majesty, Elestra, GUARDIANS, Adept, Spirit Dancer, Ripper, FLURRY, DEFENSIO
          Decide for yourself why some are in capital letters. Nevertheless all of them are at least broken.

Basically just stall the enemy til your awakenings are available then go spam. Not offending but thats how it is today, which is a sad disgusting victory if you ask me.
          Go ask for softban instead of fighting them cuz they will trash you when they "win". Some people also think softban is for noobs, you might want to kick those too.

Comment

• XyuMIsanX
            XyuMIsanX commented
            Editing a comment
            You forget those bandwagoning artis spamming Fatal TA like no tomorrow. Thank goodness the nerf for it came fast

return snipers' range! and they're freaking useless in pvp and how come artillery has longer range and environment angles are neglected/bypassed by their skills. there was never balance in the world and it has gotten worse.

Comment

• XyuMIsanX
            XyuMIsanX commented
            Editing a comment
            Sniper's range is better tho. Hitting enemies with Awakened Siege Stance when they're hit by ankle shot is what made sniper OP in the first place... arti's range is lesser than sniper's lol
        Working...
        X