beginner class for pvp i'm noob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beginner class for pvp i'm noob

can u suggest me a class that is good for beginner in pvp. I played dn for a long time but for pve only tried pvp for sometime but got frustrated i'm stuck noob. whelp plsss!

Defensio, Moonlord, Reaper, Any Kali, Any Academic.
    Hello Sir! Please free to mention me or send me a private message if you need any assistance! I will try my best to help you to the best that I can!

-Subscribed to every forum section except Trades-

Discord: Couplord#5195
    NA IGN: SirCoup

Comment

I'll organize the classes by their Playstyle/Range.

Aggressive/Up Close:

- Gladiator
      - Defensio
      - Ruina
      - Blade Dancer
      - Moonlord
      - Spirit Dancer
      - Flurry

Flexible/Medium Range

- Soul Eater
      - Dark Summoner
      - Abyss Walker
      - Saleana
      - Majesty
      - Black Mara
      - Gear Master
      - Shooting Star
      - Adept

Passive/Ranged

- Artillery.

All of the above are extremely beginner friendly and you'll be able to beat most people with minimal effort. I suggest using these classes to further your knowledge on DN's combat system and then going to pick a class you truly enjoy, so you can put some serious practice in with them. But overall these classes should be a good starting point!

(note, not everyone will agree with me on these, and do understand that some classes will find matchups difficult regardless of how beginner friendly the class is due to how DN's combat system works. i.e. all academics will struggle when fighting a gladiator, Ruina will struggle against a Ripper, etc etc)
      What to write here.

Comment

• 12ChopChop
        12ChopChop commented
        Editing a comment
        Gladiator is in no way newbie friendly... There are iframes to consider, standard combos and variation combos, stagger technique etc... but if you started with a gladiator(swordmaster) like i do, and managed to persist and learn through countless defeats, you will become a real pvp expert

• Kuru
        Kuru commented
        Editing a comment
        Gladiator is EXTREMELY newbie friendly, and let me explain why. Gladiator is a class with fairly high mobility, multiple iFrames, high SA break, high damage, multiple catching skills and multiple lifting skills to prolong combos. So, I'll delve into each of these a little bit so you can understand what I mean by this.

Fairly High Mobility - The Gladiator class can easily close down any distance between themselves and the enemy with skills which can instantly traverse the space in between people, skills like:

- Front shove
        - Side Dodge
        - Hyper Drive
        - Line Drive

All these skills can be used to close down distance on a kiting/zoning enemy, allowing them to make full use of their speed and mobility when needed. But their mobility doesn't just stop there, warriors are one of the few classes which can actually move faster with kicks than walking and it is more practical than dashing (others, see - Lencea). Due to this, warriors (gladiator included) have the ability to move around in CQC without wasting tumble or dash or anything of that kind. Throw in the ability to cancel/tumble out of almost all skills as well... And you've got a fairly mobile class

Multiple iFrames - You raised this as being an issue which makes the class hard but... I don't see how. Having multiple iFrames will mean that they can safely cast their skills without being punished, it also gives newbies a chance to learn their iFrame usage properly without being decimated for one mistake. Having multiple iFrames means that even if they aren't fully aware of how iFrames work, they'll probably be able to dodge most skills simple due to the amount of iFrames that they have. Having lots of iFrames makes the class more beginner friendly than most, that's for sure. But please do explain on how having iFrames makes the class difficult for newbies, i'm dying to know.

High SA Break - Gladiator is a class that can instantly break MOST skills in the game, be it with front shove (instant 600 SA break minimum, 1200 SAb max) or Triple slash (1200 SAb) or Finish Attack (1200 SAb on the first hit alone) or Line Drive (1800 SAb for all hits) or Parry (1800 SAb for both hits) etc etc... Gladiator can punish most skills in the game if used properly, giving it a lot of advantages over other classes which need to rely on SA (See - Paladin/Mercenary/Dark Avenger/Arch Heretic). This gives gladiators a HUGE advantage when it comes to most match ups against other classes, allowing it to be more forgiving to newer players.

High Damage - Not much needs to be said about this, front shove awaken can deal 25k every 13 seconds, line drive can deal 40k per cast, triple slash can deal 15k each, MLS can deal 10k each. It's got a fairly high damage output and it's a consistent damage output as well.

Multiple Catching Skills - Along with a myriad of damaging skills, a lot can be used for catching the enemy. Skills like:

- Front Shove
        - Triple Slash
        - Eclipse
        - Evasion Slash
        - Rising slash
        - Destructive Swing
        - Brave Shout
        - Provoking Slam

Can all be used to catch/punish an enemy during a match. If you need me to go into how each of those can be used as catching/punishing skills then do ask for it and i will but, the post is already too long so I'm trying to cut down as much as i can.

Multiple Lifting Skills - These are all the skills/skill chains that are easy to execute but leave the enemy in a lifted hit-state, skills such as:

- Front Shove
        - Front Shove Awk variation
        - Triple Slash
        - Rising Slash
        - Impact Wave
        - Impact Punch
        - Hacking Stance
        - Destructive Swing
        - Finish Attack
        - Line Drive
        - Hyper Drive

With this many Lifting skills, even if you don't know how to combo it is nigh impossible to drop your combo with the class. You mention that it's difficult to learn standard combos or variation combos, while i strongly disagree. Sure learning your Ares (180 maneuver) might be challenging for some people but it isn't a necessity anymore, with how many lifting skills the class has on short cooldowns it has become such a joke to even say the class is a challenge.

So yes, Gladiator is a newbie friendly class. Ever since Gladiator received the CD buffs to reduce Front Shove and Triple slash cooldown, the class has become a joke which allows for multiple skills to be wasted while you still retain the advantage. No skills need to be thought through because you'll always have front shove or Triple slash ready to counter the enemy regardless of what they do, the class isn't as difficult as you make it seem and it is very accommodating for newer players.

If you disagree to what i've pointed out here, please try to explain why and not just give some vague "Variation combo" answer.

Gear Master

No class can ever be easier than this
      Get ur waifu over here and start the waifu death match !!

Comment

Which classes do you play in PVE?

For PvP go with Kuru's Flexible/Medium Range list.

Comment

5 most basic and cancerous PvP classes (for me :v )
          1. Moon Lord
          2. Elestra / Saleana
          3. Any form of lolis ♥
          4. Artillery ( I play Artillery ♥ )
          5 . Inquisitor

Comment

• Kuru
            Kuru commented
            Editing a comment
            Can i ask for your reasoning behind inquisitor?

• Vaddix
            Vaddix commented
            Editing a comment
            I`m just having trouble dealing with their AoE and electrocutes.

• Kuru
            Kuru commented
            Editing a comment
            Ah, so it's more of a personal choice. Alright, thanks!

For group pvp (Most cancerous class in group pvp)

- Elestra (just spam every skill then wait for ice sphere + chilling mist combo)
          - Saleana (wait for firewall, ignite and flame road and ur good to go then spam whatever skills u have)
          - Sniper (wait for awakened siege stance and poke everyone from afar then hide + wind shot then run, rinse and repeat)
          - Artillery (just spam scope arrow + awakened swift shot from afar then TA + DA)
          - Adept (just like elestra spam everything then #mlg360noscope ice beam to magma wave)
          - Ray Mechanic (spam lazorz and pew pew smack them with lazor sword and mothballs)
          - Shooting Star (activate kim jong un mode)
          - Moonlord (spam taifong la ~)
          - Destroyer (wait for rolling attack, maelstrom howl and iron skin and ur good to go then spam whatevert skills u have)

For 1v1 pvp Refer to Kuru 's post tho he forgot to add elestra on the list
          Last edited by ViolaLion; 10-24-2017, 07:27 AM.

Comment

• BlessedSign
            BlessedSign commented
            Editing a comment
            add Spirit Dancer and Blade Dancer in that list too.

• ViolaLion
            ViolaLion commented
            Editing a comment
            TBH i think both Dancers are less annoying compare to the classes that i mentioned alongside with Barbarian.

• Reyzha7
            Reyzha7 commented
            Editing a comment
            best explanation so far lol

If class is easy to play for someone who is familiar with game's mechanics such as SA/SAB, hitstates, i-frames et.c. Doesen't means class is easy to play for beginner who needs to understand how game works
          Sure, ripper has one of the easiest combos but at the same time he has no range and almost no SA on which player will rely the most when learning basics
          I personally think that beginner class should have: 1)Good SA/SAB, 2)Easy to understand mech's, 3)Damage without long-ass combos, 4)At least some ranged skills, 5)Only 2-3 i-frames to learn how to manage Tumble and not waste important i-framed skills for lulz
          So IMO:
          1) Mercenaries. Both.
          2) Guardian
          3) Machinas
          4) Flurry
          5) Spirit dancer
          Last edited by Spamurai; 10-28-2017, 06:38 AM.

Comment

• Spamurai
            Spamurai commented
            Editing a comment
            Couplord Kuru
            Well looks like we're watching on beginner classes from different angles
            I think that multiple saves can make a player too much depend on them and don't really pay attention to using them in the right time, bcs he still have more of them always
            I never said that merc is INCREDIBLY POWERFUL CLASS. I said that mercs are easy to understand which is good for a beginner player. Beginner needs better understanding of the game, not the OP class which will wreck other noobs to think that it is his increasing skill.
            All classes I named are pretty easy to understand, easy to deal damage , but still requires some basic understanding to get
            Actually these first 2 are the best in list IMO. A guardian/barb that can deal with sorcs is far, far more dangerous than sin that only relies on his saves to beat sorc on trades
            I understand, why everyone in this thread just suggests more or less OP classes, but IMHO that is not how this works.
            I won't argue anymore if everyone thinks that my opinion is no good.

• Kuru
            Kuru commented
            Editing a comment
            While yes it's good to be strict in your learning of AE usage and it's a good practice to instill when you're still a newbie. A brand new player won't have the room to improve because as soon as they make one mistake they're gone for the entire fight. It should be best to give them multiple evades so they can begin to understand what does and doesn't work, allow them to trial and error during the fight instead of AE once, and become a combo dummy for the rest of the round due to not knowing AE timing or counters. I've seen this happen all too many times as people can't grasp how to AE or how to evade in general effectively, so they lose the drive to play their class since they just become food for the players who know what they're doing.

While yes, i do think playing a mercenary or guardian will help people further their understanding of the game, but it's not really a place for newbies due to the insurmountable wall of being able to keep up with these broken as hell classes while not understanding anything about the game. People need to have room to learn while mercenary/guardian which punishes a single mistake do not offer that room in my opinion

• stylinx
            stylinx commented
            Editing a comment
            as a crux/guard, i say its not an easy class xD

just bait that AE and were done for (aerial block is base on chance so not totally relying on that)

it really depends on the enemies experience as well

if its a low experience enemy, then yeah can beat them...but if its on par or much experience than you, plus the class..then its goodbye

Spamurai
          merce are not beginner friendly for new player
          the reason couplord already point it out
          example.....with merce 1 AE what will happen when pvp with someone else? due to merce is still newbie he sure make mistake a lot (but opponent are not newbie)
          result is merce will get combo from start till end <----what did he learn so far? learning become sandbag?

Couplord
          the reason u point out mostly are true...agree with u
          the only thing disagree is about ripper
          - Assassins don't even need to try as almost EVERY ripper skill breaks over 600 SA (Max SA on barbarian/destro, except maelstrom) instantly, and lifts the enemy so they can't even crisis howl to escape.
          not all ripper skill break over 600SA
          the only skill that over 600SA is shadowhand
          2nd skill shiftblow that need stack hit or quick cancel to break 600SA

all other skill mostly are 200SA
          example.....bladerunner 200+400
          mortal blow 200+400
          if counting whole skill sure is 600...but i dont think in pvp we count whole skill (example... could we count triple slash as 1200SA?)

Comment

• diobrandon
            diobrandon commented
            Editing a comment
            assasin skill that having 600sab and above

shadowhand 1200
            shiftblow ex 100+200+400
            flame locust ex 400+200+400
            blade runner ex 200+400+400
            mortalblow 200+400
            artful chaser 200*7

so assasin that can break 600SA only 6skill
            y using this kind of word to description

- Assassins don't even need to try as almost EVERY ripper skill breaks over 600 SA (Max SA on barbarian/destro, except maelstrom) instantly, and lifts the enemy so they can't even crisis howl to escape.

let count sm skill now

circlebreak 1400
            dashkick 900
            rising slash 100+200+300
            counter exile 400*2
            dashcombo 300*2
            dash slash 600
            deepstraight ex 200*4+600
            eclipse 300*2
            halfmoon slash 1800
            linedrive ex 300*4
            moonlight splitter 200*3
            parry 900+200
            triple slash 400*3
            finish attack 200+1200*2

well 14 skill that above 600sab
            y using assasin as example in the 1st place?
            if he want to to make example use sm more better rit? 14skill compare to 6skill

• Kuru
            Kuru commented
            Editing a comment
            I feel like you're actually personally insulted from me mentioning that assassin has stupid SA break values but let me just correct something.

I mentioned multiple classes as examples of how they handle the matchup with mercenary, i DID mention that Gladiators decimate SA for mercenaries but you're clearly blinded and didn't notice that. In the context i mention, i used multiple classes as an example to try to prove a point.

And the reason i use assassin goes beyond just their SAb but the cast time of the skills as well as their mobility itself. The ripper class is a joke of skill cancelling and counters, and the fact that you're trying to undercut how well it breaks SA is humorous in and of itself. But SA breaking goes beyond just the SAb, you also need to look at the skill's cooldowns to see whether they're a viable solution when compared to the skill they're being used to counter. For example:

Shift blow - 10 seconds
            Shadow Hand - 15 seconds
            Flame Locust - 12 seconds
            Blade Runner - 18 seconds
            Mortal blow - 24 seconds (CD can be saved)
            Burning Coal - 28 seconds (awk)
            Beast Call - 20 Seconds
            Artful Chaser - 20 seconds

So, of these, 4 of them are [b[faster[/b] than all AE CDs. Including that these are almost ALL instant cast and instant hit. And throw in Artful Chaser's SA... Now this is of course an EXTREMELY condensed version of their benefits as i cannot be bothered to at the moment but will GLADLY go further into detail if you need it.

Then if we look at SM like you wished (glad in particular):

Circle Break - 30 seconds
            Dash Kick - 12 Seconds
            Rising Slash - 20 Seconds
            Counter Exile - 45 Seconds
            Dash slash/Dash Combo - 10 seconds
            Deep Straight - 13 seconds
            Eclipse - 20 seconds
            Halfmoon Slash - 36 Seconds
            Line Drive - 45 seconds
            MLS - 8 seconds
            Parry - 30 seconds
            Triple Slash - 12 Seconds
            Finish Attack - 30 Seconds

So, of all of these mentioned above, 5 are less than the 18 second AE CD, 3 of which are not viable to stack as "SAb initiators" or anything of that kind as they do not leave the enemy in a favorable state and 3 of which lack less than 100 SA, meaning that any skill in the game can break them. They lack the viability to use safely compared to ripper's which all have ~400 SA or higher and are instant cast where as Dash Kick/Slash/Combo all require a long cast time and have 0 SA as well as you have to waste your tumble for it etc etc.

I can go on all day about why Ripper's counters are TOO good but at this point, i hope you've understood why I mention Ripper's SA break and I HOPE you've understood the importance of context when reading. And just to make something clear, i'm not saying glad is weak or balanced, they're a broken class as well, but don't try to defend ripper by shifting the blame onto someone else and expecting that to make your class more balanced or something?

• stylinx
            stylinx commented
            Editing a comment
            i personally have a hard time against rippers @_@
            though there are still instances i win
            that speed, i-frame and counters

my guildmate wants me to fight him sb xD
            i lost a lot

Elestra is still and will be alwys the only faceroll class in dn since 2012 devs most fave class in pvp is elestra. End

Comment

• Kuru
            Kuru commented
            Editing a comment
            "The only" Have you pvp'ed in 95 cap?

• 12ChopChop
            12ChopChop commented
            Editing a comment
            Gladiators can now win elestra... unlike few caps back

ArvinALQ I still destroy elestra's and saleana's so nope. not anymore but they're definitely good and annoying for some
          Last edited by SoulcrackD; 11-01-2017, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• ArvinALQ
            ArvinALQ commented
            Editing a comment
            omg soulcrackd hi lol i stalk alot while u afk in colo xD

• SoulcrackD
            SoulcrackD commented
            Editing a comment
            don't stalk me man!

For group PvP: Saleana, Elestra, Black Mara, Any Kali, Any Academic, Moonlord.

Just observe the most numerous classes in PvP and that should generally point you to the ones requiring the least skill input for the highest return output.

Comment

Working...
          X