X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client Sound Gone When Switching Audio Output Device

Hello,

Not sure if anyone here also encounters this problem.

Say in your setup, you use can either use a normal speaker or an earphones.
    When you launch your game in normal speakers, sound would output to the speakers.
    When plugging an earphone, all other sounds of my computer are redirected while DN is left to output to the speaker.

Similar but worse case happens when you launch game in Earphones and switch to speakers. Re-plugging your earphones won't fix it.
    Any workaround with this?

I'd like to add that my speakers are plugged on the back panel (built in with the MoBo) while earphones are plugged on the front panel.

Thanks!

It's probably some problem with your sound device. Please make sure your audio drivers are up to date and check your manuals. Also check your sound setting by right clicking the speaker icon, some settings causes games to only play in one and not in the other even after you plug. Contact back if you still have issues.

It would help me to know which OS you are using, as the menus change. You can get your system and sound devices information in dxdiag
    Last edited by Verbena; 11-14-2017, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Actually got the same issue like this for a long time already. The only thing you can do is quit the game and reopen it for it to work when you change between speaker and earphone

Comment

Originally posted by athlos View Post
        Hello,

Not sure if anyone here also encounters this problem.

Say in your setup, you use can either use a normal speaker or an earphones.
        When you launch your game in normal speakers, sound would output to the speakers.
        When plugging an earphone, all other sounds of my computer are redirected while DN is left to output to the speaker.

Similar but worse case happens when you launch game in Earphones and switch to speakers. Re-plugging your earphones won't fix it.
        Any workaround with this?

I'd like to add that my speakers are plugged on the back panel (built in with the MoBo) while earphones are plugged on the front panel.

Thanks!
        It's normal for applications that weren't programmed with the ability to select their output devices. I'm having this issue with DN and other games too, when switching on the fly from speakers to my virtual surround headphones and vice versa.

As you said, your system treats your rear and front audio ports as different audio stream devices, hence the application restart. Try making them as single audio device is one workaround.
        ★ Gintama ❖ 「ヒカリ証明論 / Hikari Shoumeiron」 ❖ CHiCO with HoneyWorks ★

✾▬▬▬▬▬▬❀▬▬▬▬▬▬✾
        Spotify URI | Spotify Song Link
        Wars Of Our Time (Dn Sea Forum History)ED 1:1 Inquire(SEA)Choco's Academic Fanart Gallery :3
        DNSEA Discord Invite

Comment

• MeshPolygon
          MeshPolygon commented
          Editing a comment
          You did restart, right? Do you now have access to Realtek HD Audio Manager?
          -ninj'd
          Do Verbena's suggestion first, and keep us posted of any developments.
          Last edited by MeshPolygon; 11-15-2017, 01:14 PM.

• athlos
          athlos commented
          Editing a comment
          Verbena, Mine was set to reduce by 80% as well. I tried setting to 'Do Nothing' and tested the scenario but DN is still left under speakers output (Volume Mixer) when you plug in an earphone.

MeshPolygon, Yes I restarted after installing the driver. dxdiag, device manager shows Realtek properly. I even see Realtek DRIVER from CCleaner when looking at least of things to uninstall. However, I don't see Realtek manager. The driver I downloaded and installed from the Mfg site is probably just a driver itself.

• MeshPolygon
          MeshPolygon commented
          Editing a comment
          uhmm wait, I may have overlooked something. Are the speakers set to stereo all this time?

Sorry, forgot to tell you where to look. It's in the control panel. If it is not there, that's strange, AFAIK, every Realtek HD Audio driver installer comes with it. The driver package will be incomplete without it.

It should look like this for your system in later versions:

offtopic btw your motherboard is bundled with Sound Blaster X-Fi MB 3 software, It's a good stuff, it can be configured to let you have virtualualized surround sound with regular headphones. +advantage on fps games. Sounds good in my opinion. Positional audio is also good.
          Last edited by MeshPolygon; 11-17-2017, 05:55 AM.

Thanks so much for the help MeshPolygon and Verbena .

MeshPolygon -
        Yes, it is in Stereo (I actually don't understand the significance of this). Other options were quadrophonic, 5.1 Speaker, and 7.1 speaker. All of which I'm not familiar with its appropriate use.
        I actually saw that Sound Blaster thing from the MoBo's Mfg site and didn't know its use XD. Thanks for letting me know

I did some tinkering with this Realtek HD Audio Manager, and found the culprit: Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.png Views:	1 Size:	304.6 KB ID:	107568
        After I set it to the one shown above, voila no more problems with using speaker and switching to earphones.

Cheers!

Comment

• MeshPolygon
          MeshPolygon commented
          Editing a comment
          Those options were the reason why I kept mentioning the manager ^_^. In any case, also make sure the speaker configuration suits your speakers. Setting that to 7.1 surround will make the front port output as Side speaker channel out instead, this is the case for most systems. If you play DN in headphones plugged to the front port with that setting, you'll only gonna hear sounds coming from the sides of your current view, missing a lot of sound details. You can hover your mouse on those ports in HD manager to show tooltip containing the channel it was assigned to. Anyway, happy gaming!
          Last edited by MeshPolygon; 11-17-2017, 05:59 AM.

I'm glad this was solved! Shall I close the thread if there are no further questions?

Comment

• athlos
          athlos commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes please. Thanks!
      Working...
      X