Some Food for thought regarding the recent bannings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Food for thought regarding the recent bannings

Im not sure what are all the criteria to warrant a ban apart from just looking for duplicate gold pouches from getting RH, if there is any. But..

thats a very bad criteria to use to identfy RH abusers, and if it is the ONLY CRITERIA, im gonna puke. Even if it is narrowed down to the records used after the relaunch in Sep, there is still a chance that a poor innocent guy with just 1 acc decided to log in on 7 sept, then go on hiatus, then log in between 7 - 29oct, and go on hiatus again, then log in again b4 29 nov, with a interval of at least 1 month for each hiatus. Thats 2 RH, and he falls into the category of being an multiple acc RH abuser.

This reflects very badly on the amount of effort and thought put into the algorithms behind this mass banning. But im not gonna go all out into ranting nor flaming without giving constructive arguments.

A better criteria, which shouldnt be mutually exclusive against a whole list of other non-exhaustive criteria, would be to identify email accounts with 99.999% '5 '9's ' similarities. like MakiseAmber0001@hotmail.com, MakiseAmber0002@hotmail.com, to MakiseAmber9999@hotmail.com. That is an INDICATION that it MAY belong to a multiple RH acc abuser. And a very strong indication, but by no means a sure-guarantee that it belongs to that abuser, since the person may be using it for like service, or storing items etc. As a result, we should have a CHECKLIST of criteria to look out for. A CHECKLIST: having fulfilled one of the criteria in the checklist does not mean it is a 'multiple RH acc abuser'. It just mean there is a higher chance of it being 1. The more criteria fulfilled the higher the chance. Then there is a threshold of which once it is reached, the acc should be banned, with a very HIGH PROBABILITY of it being an abuser. An example of a checklist would be:

1. Are there very similar email addresses to this email? for eg the one listed above.
    1.1 Compare the traffic between those email addresses. Is each acc only active for a few minutes (threshold up to u to decide) once they are logged in?
    1.2 Is there a very short amount of time between the log in times of each of those email addresses?
    1.3 Do those email account have some sort of transactions to a single account? (this will be the main account of the abuser if so, but it may just be a person using an extra acc to sell stuff on TH. tho i dont see how he can exceed the 16? or 14 im not sure, chars that could access TH in just his main 1 account)
    2. For each of this email accounts, are there more than 1 character in it? (Like svc accounts usually have full chars. those abusing RH have only 1 in MANY CASES)
    3. In these email accounts, are the igns similar between all of them?
    4. Did any of these email accounts log in within 30 days? (if yes, LOWERS the chance of it being an RH abuser)
    4.1 Did NONE of these email accounts log in within 30 days? (If yes, significantly increase chance of being RH abuser. Or it may just be an inactive like servicer)

ET CETERA and the checklist should have as many criteria as possible, each criteria having a certain weight to them, (points in layman terms). and having more than a certain amount of points would indicate that there is a high chance it belongs to an abuser. And i came up with this in just 30 mins.. Im sure yall can do better than this...

And I would rather have more Type II errors (false negative where an abuser isnt identified), than Type I errors(false positive where an innocent bystander is wrongly accused.)

Btw my acc also got blocked tho i only play 1 acc -.-
Working...
X