Color Calibration Reset When In Fullscreen Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Calibration Reset When In Fullscreen Mode

Does not happen in windowed mode and printscreen does not show any difference but it clearly becomes greenish when in fullscreen, not happening in other game (rottr,gta5,bdo,dota2) and I am using laptop, so if the laptop screen is defective then the other game should become greenish too, so not my screen problem. Any idea ?

Do you happen to be playing in Windows 10 with Creator's Update? Creator's W10 did that to some games, and as I recall it should have been fixed in a recent Windows patch. You can read here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/c...eing_reset_by/ and copy the solutions other people came up with.

Updating DirectX should help too, so is making sure your OS and Nvidia drivers are up to date.

Comment

I am currently using Fall Creators Update.
      My nvidia driver is 390.65, I assume it is the latest driver as it is the latest driver found from geforce website.
      By updating DirectX, do you mean running the end-user runtime web installer ? I think I have run it when I run dota2 for the first time.

Comment

• YukiOnna
        YukiOnna commented
        Editing a comment
        yes, I had done everything that the thread and you suggested, I even clean install Windows. I suspect it have something to do with the old directx that dragon nest is running on, as i stumbled upon this thread
        http://www.overclock.net/forum/71-nv...een-games.html
        the thread explain the problem with old directx and suggest to use colorclutch, which is a 3rd party program but the problem is it is using dll injector, which I am not sure allowed in this game

• Verbena
        Verbena commented
        Editing a comment
        YukiOnna as long as it doesn't require you to tweak the client files it should be fine.

• YukiOnna
        YukiOnna commented
        Editing a comment
        alrighty, thank you !

@TS, you mentioned that your problem doesn't happen in windowed mode. Why not try playing in windowed borderless fullscreen mode/inclusive fullscreen mode to get around the issue. Sure DN does not have that feature built in, but you can use a third party app to do it. Here is the link http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WindowedBorderlessGaming.

I've been playing DN in borderless fullscreen for years using that app. No problems so far. Just don't mash mouse clicks while in loading screens.
      Last edited by MeshPolygon; 01-29-2018, 10:55 PM.
      ★ Gintama ❖ 「ヒカリ証明論 / Hikari Shoumeiron」 ❖ CHiCO with HoneyWorks ★

✾▬▬▬▬▬▬❀▬▬▬▬▬▬✾
      Spotify URI | Spotify Song Link
      Wars Of Our Time (Dn Sea Forum History)ED 1:1 Inquire(SEA)Choco's Academic Fanart Gallery :3
      DNSEA Discord Invite

Comment

• YukiOnna
        YukiOnna commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you for your suggestion but from the feedback from Knee, the program might not be suitable for me since I am playing archer class and I need the cursor to be accurate

• Knee
        Knee commented
        Editing a comment
        YukiOnna no no, normal gameplay is fine, just that things that require you to use the mouse as in clicking the menus, arranging items those kind of stuff is fcked up for me.

• MeshPolygon
        MeshPolygon commented
        Editing a comment
        Knee Mine is fine. Long before, at most, it was fine. Occasionally, was getting offset when I'm doing something that I cannot remember anymore, forgive me it was really long way back. My OS was Windows 7 back then. But it seems fine nowadays with Windows 10.

I set DN's resolution to be same resolution as my desktop has. I'm only using single monitor. The version I'm using now is 2.1.0.1. Dunno if this helps.
        Last edited by MeshPolygon; 01-30-2018, 11:10 AM.
    Working...
    X