Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem Regarding Trial Nests

Good Day All,

I've been experiencing this weird and irritating problem during trail nest runs for three weeks now. Whenever I go for my weekly trial nests, I always suffer a huge spike in ping where everything just gradually stops. The damages won't show anymore and my teammates and the bosses teleport around the place until eventually, everybody stops moving and I get disconnected. It's not a sudden freeze then disconnect like most disconnections and it only ever happens on trial nests.

At first, I thought it was a graphics issue. I've noticed that it happens more often when I run with sorcs (particularly majesties and elestras). So I turned graphics to low (I play on normal setting), skill effect invisibility to 10, and everything else to low, went on another trial nest run and it still happens. Then I realized it mustn't be the graphics because I've run GDN with sorcs and other jobs plenty of times. And GDN is 8-man which should be more taxing to graphics as compared to 6-man for trial nests. Yet, I've never had a problem with GDN.

Then I thought it might be my connection. But then again, for three weeks, I've never had the same issue with other aspects of the game, it only happens in trial nests.

I'm not very computer-savvy and I have no clue how pings and latencies work and going on google just confused me more.

Is there anyone in the community who knows about these things and maybe could help me get an idea as to what's going on? Maybe there's something with my computer settings, internet settings, etc. that I need to tweak?

Thanks in advance.

If you were me,

I'll do Trial Nests in usual crowded peak hours, why?
    Because all of them will rage/rant in world chat if lags/delays occur.

Back then where AON exist, lags/delays come frequently as usual.
    I suggest you reduce torrents, streams, downloads, etc. to reduce your I/O of internet data while doing trial nests.

PS#1. its fun to read rants daily.
    PS#2. i'm not good in these type of problems, some good/experienced people will help you, all you need is to do is wait for meantime.
    Always look straight to your goals, conquer them all and have fun.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response.

I don't think I would go on a legit TN run until I get this problem fixed, especially being an LF/healer, people would just rage at me. lol I've only been doing "low lab for box" runs as to not ruin it for anyone else.

I think it's got something to do with IP conflicts or DNS servers (I'm not familiar with these, they just kept coming up while researching about pings and latencies).

I'm still stuck at mission box 4 because of this issue so I've got roughly 2 weeks left before I say bye-bye to my geraint earrings. T_T

Comment

Originally posted by Mack0y View Post
        Thanks for the quick response.

I don't think I would go on a legit TN run until I get this problem fixed, especially being an LF/healer, people would just rage at me. lol I've only been doing "low lab for box" runs as to not ruin it for anyone else.

I think it's got something to do with IP conflicts or DNS servers (I'm not familiar with these, they just kept coming up while researching about pings and latencies).

I'm still stuck at mission box 4 because of this issue so I've got roughly 2 weeks left before I say bye-bye to my geraint earrings. T_T
        This is probably more of an ISP issue. Check with your ISP provider or your internet speed.

Forever your Majesty

Comment

I'm using globe wifi. Although I dont think it's my internet because I tried running ping -t google.com at the moment the lag in trial nest started and it was at 70-80ms.

I am starting to read up about v-sync and nvidia 3D settings and it's looking promising. Some of the things I read correlated with the issue pretty well.

Anybody knowledgable about v-sync and nvidia 3D settings that could help?

Comment

Working...
          X