Computer Specs (Question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Specs (Question)

Hi, it's been awhile since I last played DN. Probably the last time was 2017. And I am about to buy a laptop with i7 9th Gen and GTX 1660ti with dual channel of 16gb 2666 8*2.
    I was wondering if these specs are enough for a smooth gameplay though I know this game might not be optimized yet (not sure about now).

Thanks!

If I can run it at a bearable minimal condition on a laptop with a broken exhaust and an outdated GPU then I'm pretty sure you can play smoothly with anything above an i5 and a GTX 970.

Comment

Originally posted by whitenoise1 View Post
      If I can run it at a bearable minimal condition on a laptop with a broken exhaust and an outdated GPU then I'm pretty sure you can play smoothly with anything above an i5 and a GTX 970.
      One last question. I forgot to include this. Do you play in high settings?

Comment

• whitenoise1
        whitenoise1 commented
        Editing a comment
        No, I don't. Like I said, I can play it in a bearable minimal condition. My laptop has a broken exhaust fan and an outdated GPU, 8 GB of ram 4*4.. so if I play at a high settings my frames would drop to 10 to 15 frames per second. LOL, I play on a custom medium to low settings with max effect transparency.

If you have a 1660ti which is fairly brand-new in the market and can be boosted to exceed that of a GTX 1060's performance and has little difference compared to a GTX 1070's, then you pair it with 16GB of RAM, then you can definitely play in high settings yourself.

• xForgetty
        xForgetty commented
        Editing a comment
        My laptop only got 4 GB of RAM.. playing on all-low setting since open-beta of DN SEA
        ...you will get used to it lol

Lets have a reference of mine.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3-3550
      GPU: GTX1650
      Ram: 1x 2666mHz 8gb + 1x 2666mHz 4gb
      Setting: High in texture, Low in effect quality, transparency of 10 for party members, 5 for self.

Experience: >40 fps in 4 man nests (except when there is icestack then >30fps). >30fps in 8 man raids/6 man trial (>25fps with icestack). Sometimes dropped to >15fps when there is any graphic intensive mech (e.g. FDN's luminous shiny balls).
      "Internet is full of trolls and idiots."
      - Albert Einstein

Mail me gold to IGN: Scimitarry

Comment

• BananaCredits
        BananaCredits commented
        Editing a comment
        Well if the community has the ability to keep updating their mods, why bother fixing it? XD

• whitenoise1
        whitenoise1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Why bother fixing it? Because they're the actual developers of the game and shouldn't rely on mods to make the game better.

or maybe it's because ED is Bethesda in disguise? LMAO

• BananaCredits
        BananaCredits commented
        Editing a comment
        See how Bethesda working out, so ED decided to follow them XD
    Working...
    X