Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

​​​​​​​HELP: I'm getting symptoms of disconnection but I'm not DC-ing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ​​​​​​​HELP: I'm getting symptoms of disconnection but I'm not DC-ing!

Greetings!

As you can see from the title, I'm experiencing symptoms (can't think of other word) of bring disconnected but, I'm not seeing any disconnection notification (the small window that pops up whenever you're about to be disconnected) at all. Instead, what happens is that everything else stops moving (other player's character if I'm on party) / monsters running around my character (the usual state of "getting disconnected"). I've waited hours for the disconnection pop up window to appear but nothing happened. This already happened A LOT, whenever I'm running dungeons, etc., even on instances inside towns (WTP, or the latest BHT).

-I'm using Win7 64bit ("since DN is not ready for Win10" as the rumor goes)
    -My ping is stable 15mbps
    -I've tried the three methods of installing DN (torrent, one click install, via .zip file)
    -I've also tried exempting the program from my antivirus, even turning it off while playing
    -I've tried setting the program and all that is related to it (dnlauncher.exe, dnautoupdate, dragonnest.exe) as administrators, even running it in all types of compatibility mode available on my PC (see picture)

The aforementioned methods we're done on each method of installing DN

I'm kinda new to this issue (see title). Any ideas?

PS: I've already sent a 1:1 ticket twice (4-day interval each) but they're not responding.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Wolfy; 09-16-2019, 06:10 PM. Reason: Typo
    TDIZ = Today's gonna be a great day!

And here I thought I'm the only one experiencing it right now.

I'm also DC-ing during :
    1. Playing cutscene story before the logging in screen (getting a sudden freeze without progress, or getting an error where you either close the client or report it)
    2. After character log-in (same as #1)
    3. When going to portals to dungeons, nest, party invitation, etc (sudden client freeze then after several seconds, no DC indicator but stuck like you have no data coming to your ISP)
    4. Even when you're not doing anything; AFK-ing.

This mostly happens between 10AM to 3PM and 6PM to 10PM because based on my theory it is because it's the game's peak hour and the server is getting a delay transmission but I don't know.
    I feel like I'm the only one and you and other few people are experiencing it.

The other one probably cause is our ISP (I'm using Smart 4G Wifi btw) or probably the DN server itself that just needs a patch/maintenance.

Comment

• Wolfy
      Wolfy commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, I don't have any problems with regards to my ISP, since I've cleared out that option before posting this thread. I guess it's the game server itself, huh.. :/

P.S. This happened after the Red Lotus Patch ​​​
Working...
X