Is PVP getting significantly lag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is PVP getting significantly lag?

Hi, I wanted to ask if any of you experienced "Extra-ordinary" lag during these 2-3 days?

I experienced some situations that I am pretty sure the server is getting even worse. However, I know that this game (After DN was run by ED) is generally lag all the time, it was still manageable.
    These lags seriously disturb PVP that I can barely use Tumble, Hard to manage enemy's position and their skill's AOE (Server was delayed / lag) that I don't see their "Realtime" activity / animation.
    It was playable before. But this is beyond tolerate.

1. Tumble was often malfunctioned - Some players experienced this one way or another, Character don't use Tumble as the cooldown already wasted for nothing.
    2. Enemy don't get stagger (AT ALL) - This is much like fighting a Robocob where enemy never seen to be stagger. They taken only damage but still attack / moving smoothly. There are also some moment that they will continue to strike at me shortly before get back to lying on the ground (Rolllback to prior position).

3.Enemy position is uncertain - Teleport around. I will never able to count on what I see.
    4. Enemy hitbox is uncertain - Enemy's skill hit me from a distance that further than it should. I saw them cast from far away distance, I taken a hit. then a second later they will appear close to me.
    5. Iframe malfunctioned - I was in an iframe state. I saw it right on your screen. Then I taken a hit cluelessly and having like "WTF" on my mind. Then my game was wasted.
    6. My character don't response to command. - Standing but never take any action (As I saw on my screen) for 0.5-1 sec without occupied by anything. I have to press 2-3 times to get my character do something.
    7. UI windows appear - This is most stupid thing I ever faced, I press a skill button but the game open up a Guild window instead. This greatly interrupt my game.
    8. Countering skill doesn't work properly - I was playing SH. I can barely rely on "Moment Evasion" as it randomly worked. I don't have a solid logic to realize when will it worked. Many times that I press the skill right on time but animation was cast for nothing. I still taken a hit. and you know it - An arrows never strike properly at enemy.
    9. Being dragged from air to ground - I was casting "Tornado Shot" and being in the high air, Then suddenly teleport to the ground with no reason. Like the server doesn't register my cast and roll me back to prior position instead.

These are just 9 things I faced so often these 2-3 days. I was suspecting that ED do something ugly with their server. I am still curious if they allocate portion of the server to WOD. (Quick work to fix lag on WOD).
    Still, I was thinking that they let down this game. All the inquires I wrote them about lags never get replied.

I think ED are intentionally let down this game as they never seriously improve or revamp anything, not even validate problems properly.

Anyway, same question. Have you guys experienced significant lag these days?

I thought I was the only one, I was often bulk downloading videos, when this occured, I started closing these programs I used for bulk downloading (thought it was the source), but the lag still persists. Was in green ping, even my duel-mates are affected and complaining as well. I have no problem with it (since I'm used to it), but the problem is that my duel-mates are accusing me of using "Lag Switch", or telling me that I have a bad internet connection, which leads to them leaving the duel session out of frustration.

But who knows? Will ED fix it? What do you think?

Edit: This PvP video was just recently uploaded yesterday, and the symptoms still persists occasionally if you watch it carefully
    Last edited by Agent3554; 03-16-2020, 03:17 PM.

Comment

It is weird that I experienced no such severe lag from my side. Maybe it is your ISP problem? I heard Indihomo in INA kinda suks.
      "Internet is full of trolls and idiots."
      - Albert Einstein

Mail me gold to IGN: Scimitarry

Comment

BananaCredits

My ISP is one of the top tier. And I don't connect from INA.
        I believe there is very low chance of having problem in my ISP site compare to ED server (Which I believe it was rusted.)

As stated, It was manageable before. And problem just started to happened (strongly) 2-3 days ago.
        Also, not only me who got this problem, Also happened to many players from overseas.
        In contrast, I played many online games which don't have such lag spikes randomly like DN. I guess that's not problem from my ISP since Starcraft / PUBG / DOTA
        are still working properly with little to no problem compare to DN.

Funny part is ED never explain this properly. whether it was bug or server problem.
        I never got any transparency or insights of how they utilize the server and so on.

Comment

hi, as far as i know,, lag caused by 3 thing:
          -connection issue (related to isp, server, connection port and bandwith stability)
          -pc monitor service (DWM/desktop window manager, xigncode (anti hack), etc)
          -memory usage (related to internal memory, ROM,RAM, Harddrive, cpu cable quality, application usage (like using chrome,firefox) etc)
          -compatibility (related to application compatibility to operating system)

dn as online game have lower requirement for connection compared to using chrome, youtube consume more bandwith than dn just for streaming 1 video. so if youtube was not an issue, there are minimum chance it was connection issue

memory usage are straightfroward, it was all about how many app pc can handle before crashing

compatibility are 1st thing about dn, dn was app designed for windows xp service pack 3, so for modern os it need to be set up for windows xp sp pack 3 so modern os will adapt to use older app.

pc monitor service was the the biggest problem usually, Xigncode was basically exploring entire pc memory like annoying guards, it checks every process, making processing new information slow as it need to be confirmed by Xigncode as "safe" information. DWM also have the same task, so basically every process was double checked with DWM and Xigncode, making process extremely slow. let alone another app that do the same thing, like for example firewall, antivirus etc.

to solve this issue, open task manager, find process called "dwm.exe", force close it.Next try to disable antivirus and firewall, it helps but not much. Next go to dragon nest folder, find folder named "XIGNCODE", remove, file called "xmag.xem". it contains file archive and annoyingly xigncode keeps adding new information without removing old information, making it full of outdated information. dont worry DN will automatically remake this file, so deleting it was no problem.

this step are more like "first aid" to solve lag, it helps for most situations, at last making DN lag less than untreated DN.s

Comment

Working...
          X