Quest NPC's and portals giving 10 second black screens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quest NPC's and portals giving 10 second black screens

First off I will give the specs of my computer and say for clarification that every other game I run, runs perfectly! i have an ssd, ram is 16gb, and the processor is amd ryzen 7 3700x 8 core. I use wifi, with a speed test i get 2 ping, 93.74mbps download and 23.8**bps upload, my laptop ran dragonnest twice as fast as my computer with these specs (and these specs are better), both laptop and computer use the same net and wifi. So the problem i'm having is quests and portals can freeze/blackscreen for like 10 seconds, and I was wondering if there was any solution to this because I really want to get back into dn, (I used to play on the na server with a friend but decided to move to sea). Specifically, dungeon portals or anything inside the dungeon is fine though, it's mainly just doing the main quest has these black screens/entering a portal that gives these 10 second black screens, during this time my CPU and GPU goes down to like 0% then when it unfreezes it goes back up to normal. I'm thinking it could be a setting stuffing the game up, as I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the game 2 days ago. Thank you for your time and input!

1st of all, yr pc is overkill for dn requirements but its not causing all those symptoms. dn itself wasnt optimize.
    and which ips are u using? the further u from game server also causing to be black screen whenever u entering portal.

Comment

Yeah my pc is overkill for it, but my friend who lives like 3km away doesn't get any of these black screens, so I was thinking potentially it was some setting? Also not sure what you mean by "which ips are u using?" if you could please clarify that, thanks for your time though!
      Last edited by HugTibbers; 03-23-2020, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X