Client/Server Optimization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Client/Server Optimization

Okay, as the title suggests, I think there is a serious need to optimize the client and the server properly as there have been reports of FPS spikes and client hangs randomly especially when casting skills and/or during a fight scene. This has not happened before (prior to Eyedentity taking over the helm). Kindly please take a look into your game and please do the needful. I personally have experienced FPS spikes and client freeze during any gameplay: be it in town or during a dungeon/nest raid.

Thanks.

For better visibility Mantou Tasha Admin Dean

Just for the reference, my PC build:
    CPU: i3-2120
    GPU: HD 7750
    RAM: 8GB
    HDD: 1TB

Seconded. I've noticed this, even in town where a person uses a high graphics action (like car music etc). This is most prevalent in nests and double so in raids. To add more insult to injury, these spikes/freeze are not just half or fraction of a second duration. I've had one where it lasts for as long as 1s or 1.5s, it is very very bad.

Please do follow this up. It's insane to think that quality of gameplay diminishes once the game has been taken over by the developer itself. Thanks.

Comment

Definitely this needs some serious attention. Without a doubt, events won't be fun if client freezes a lot. Anyone from the development team can please take a look into this?

Comment

this, pvp rooms are a lot laggier fps wise recently after the server transfer
      RavuriiRuthiellFirya

(Art pagetwitter tumblr)
      ❀ ✿ ✾ Artist, Commissioner ✽ ❃ ❋

Comment

Has any staff notice this topic? This has been going on for days and I hope on the next patch, you guys will optimize your client for better gameplay.

Comment

You all know how this went down: http://forum.cherrycredits.com/topic...atures-needed/

Trust me, I've seen some blatantly asinine code in the disassembly of the server executables. It's a typical botched Korean MMO server like Dragonica. I mean to be fair to them, Dragonica is worse in several ways (I won't list them all here), but they're similar in the sense that the process of their development could have been given much more care and attention to.

And before I go, they also use the Singleton anti-pattern in their code. Just to be clear, this doesn't really impact performance or anything, but it is a pet peeve of mine and the consensus of programmers at this point in time. Dependency injection should be the way to go.
          Last edited by Riugа; 09-20-2017, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joon View Post
            This has not happened before (prior to Eyedentity taking over the helm).
            This is what my caught my attention, then that means it's served sided and there's not a lot I can do to help except report to staff.

But you have already @'d them so I'm sure they have taken notice.

Comment

I really hope that they would re-check the client and probably they've made some changes that caused this some sort of mess to the gameplay. How can you play a fast pace game when the client is not properly optimized?

Comment

I'd say that's wishful thinking at this point. They're undermanned and have over half a dozen regions to look after. Management wants them to dish out new content and fix bugs as fast as possible with an ever-decreasing budget. They very well know the whole thing needs a rewrite at this point, but that's not happening in a Korean MMO development studio for obvious, corporate reasons. I'd say sit back and accept the fact that true optimizations will never happen, and that DN has set itself on a path of self-destruction, at this point. There is nothing that can be done. I know several talented people besides myself in the indie MMO development scene who can and would probably be interested in helping out with both the client and server, however for whatever reason, be it management, pride, or Korean business culture, ED will not pick up on it.

If I may alter an old quote, "...A rolling stone, which, when a man hath forced up a hill by himself, will, when his bones give in and can no longer counteract the force of gravity, eventually return upon him with a greater violence, and break those bones whose sinews gave it motion."

Comment

bump, crashed twice in an hour in pvp (1. comboing on an elestra, 2. doing absolutely nothing in burning calderock)
                  RavuriiRuthiellFirya

(Art pagetwitter tumblr)
                  ❀ ✿ ✾ Artist, Commissioner ✽ ❃ ❋

Comment

Working...
                  X