PH ISP provider question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PH ISP provider question.

Just want to ask PH players here as to what's the most decent ISP for playing Dragon Nest?

I am currently subscribed with PLDT (1 MBPs plan only since I'm always not at home anyway). I'm thinking if I should change my ISP but always having second thoughts because of data cap policy (e.g. Globe, Smart) so I'm not really sure.

Based on my Speedtest.net results, I'm actually getting a ping of 29ms and the download speed that I am subscribed with. However, my ping when I am playing Dragon Nest is around 233-300ms anytime, anyday. This has been troubling me for months now even before DN SEA was still under CC and the SEA undersea cables damage issues. Moreover, I've already tried contacting my ISP and they assisted me several times already, but to no avail. Still the same Speedtest and in-game ping results.

That's why I am asking insights from any PH players here about my issues.

1.) Can anyone here explain to me why my ping from speedtest and dragon nest are different? ) I'm really confused and not into techie stuff.
    2.) If I upgrade my ISP plan to a higher download speed, will I get better in-game ping result?
    3.) Is changing ISP the best solution for this? I really don't want to change since the other ISPs has data cap.

Thanks!

I'm a slow learner, that's true. But I learn.

I do not need to be watched over or minded or cared for. I'm not a child.
    I am the Lady of Winterfell, and I am home.

Originally posted by theredgumball View Post
    Just want to ask PH players here as to what's the most decent ISP for playing Dragon Nest?

I am currently subscribed with PLDT (1 MBPs plan only since I'm always not at home anyway). I'm thinking if I should change my ISP but always having second thoughts because of data cap policy (e.g. Globe, Smart) so I'm not really sure.

Based on my Speedtest.net results, I'm actually getting a ping of 29ms and the download speed that I am subscribed with. However, my ping when I am playing Dragon Nest is around 233-300ms anytime, anyday. This has been troubling me for months now even before DN SEA was still under CC and the SEA undersea cables damage issues. Moreover, I've already tried contacting my ISP and they assisted me several times already, but to no avail. Still the same Speedtest and in-game ping results.

1.) Can anyone here explain to me why my ping from speedtest and dragon nest are different? ) I'm really confused and not into techie stuff.
    2.) If I upgrade my ISP plan to a higher download speed, will I get better in-game ping result?
    3.) Is changing ISP the best solution for this? I really don't want to change since the other ISPs has data cap.

Thanks!

Change your speedtest server to any SG server to match your dn ping.

Comment

• theredgumball
      theredgumball commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh gee thanks! It matches my in-game ping now. Just wondering what's your Globe plan/package? And is the game ping affected when you hit the monthly data cap (slower speed).

How to change the speedtest server to SG server?

Comment

• imlouminare
      imlouminare commented
      Editing a comment
      just click the "change server" then search Singapore.

Originally posted by theredgumball View Post

Thanks!

theredgumball

Ping or lag is also known as network latency or network delay is a measure of slowness of data transfer. The value of Ping is usually in milliseconds (ms). A 50 ms ping means it takes 50 ms for the data to be transferred from your PC to the server. High ping values therefore means slower data transfer. Ping then is also a measure of internet subscription quality and low ping is the desired value. It does not affect the data cap policy of any ISP.

Upgrading your internet plan will increase another measure of network quality and that is bandwidth. Here's the thing: ping has an indirect effect to bandwidth. Your current bandwidth for download is 1 MBPS. Upgrading to a higher bandwidth, say 8 MBPS, is not a guarantee that your latency will become lower however. Sure, your download speeds will increase, because of increased bandwidth - you'll notice a tremendous leap of wonder when you download a movie or watch videos on YouTube, but it is another story in gaming where ping really matters.

Hope these clear the clouds over...
    Last edited by Azonia; 09-14-2017, 09:37 PM.
    Azonia Teh 110-pound Dancer
    BoRaCay Guild

Semper Fidelis

Comment

Selected isp's were affected by the damage of the underwater cables in singapore. Someone said the ping will get better at mid october http://www.yugatech.com/news/se-asia...ternet-ensues/

Comment

• theredgumball
        theredgumball commented
        Editing a comment
        i included in my post that this was my ping even before the underwater damage stuff, or probably what you were saying was another incident. This has been my ping since December 2016 idk why

i think its not just Sea Cables its the new gameguard the XIGNCode3 i just notice this now saw some stuff at reddit with blade and soul game that XignCode raises your ping. Well im looking forward for sea cables being fixed numerous post already have about ping and lag issue i see no actual response with moderators, Well i do hope im wrong , Don't expect players to play at that latency if there is no fix to this well im out for good .

Comment

• theredgumball
        theredgumball commented
        Editing a comment
        the thing is this has been my ping since december 2016, where we still have no XIGNCode3 yet (i assume?)

PLDT is fine, do not change ISP's such as Globe, because Globe is what i am using and i am frequently disconnected on the server, i am only using a Huawei Globe Pocket Wifi, since i am not located near a cell site tower, my internet quality is affected and fluctuates from 3Mbps~10Mbps to which my device says that it can reach for up to 12Mbps but i only experienced its full potential a few times in a month.

You just need to either upgrade your Plan to PLDT Fiber or if you are not at Home, you could go apply for a PLDT Home Ultera plan to which has Data Capping, unless you use your internet frequently only for surfing the web besides watching HD videos, depending on the plan it might affect your internet speed and data cap allowance each month.

XIGNCode3 Doesn't affect my gameplay, im not sure if it really is the issue here since i've been playing before the major update of level 93 to 95 just 2 months ago

Comment

dubai player here need help with server lag and network delay

Comment

Working...
        X