Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clarifications about the "Early Bird" transfer from Cherry...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarifications about the "Early Bird" transfer from Cherry...

Hi, good day!

I would like to ask about what happened to the early bird rewards for those who transferred back in August?
    I did it for my 3 accounts but I don't know where to claim it. I asked in-game but they said that it has already expired.

I thought that in order to secure it you only need to complete the transfer procedure and that's it. It's my first time hearing that the rewards expires even if you have already transferred according to some people I talked to in-game...

(We assumed that we can secure it just by doing the transfer just like it says. Pretty sure the early bird promotions said the exact thing.)

Do you know someone who would be able to help me/us in this? We're like a couple of people and it's kind of disappointing if it's like this.
    At the very least, any kind of explanation regarding this would be great.

Thanks for reading... Have a good one!
    Last edited by Vanfam; 10-10-2017, 05:20 AM.

As far as I know, the time limit has always been there, included upon the time CC announced the transfer rewards since it was 2 tiers.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkhaez View Post
      As far as I know, the time limit has always been there, included upon the time CC announced the transfer rewards since it was 2 tiers.

Hmm yeah, the time limit when you haven't yet transferred that, I know of. The reward "time limit/expiration" after you have completed the transfer, that I did not know of...

Basically what I means is that we have completed the transfer during the Early Bird promotions, and we only logged in-game today and did not get the rewards except the 5,000 DNP....

Thanks for the feedback though.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanfam View Post
        Hi, good day!

I would like to ask about what happened to the early bird rewards for those who transferred back in August?
        I did it for my 3 accounts but I don't know where to claim it. I asked in-game but they said that it has already expired.

I thought that in order to secure it you only need to complete the transfer procedure and that's it. It's my first time hearing that the rewards expires even if you have already transferred according to some people I talked to in-game...

(We assumed that we can secure it just by doing the transfer just like it says. Pretty sure the early bird promotions said the exact thing.)

Do you know someone who would be able to help me/us in this? We're like a couple of people and it's kind of disappointing if it's like this.
        At the very least, any kind of explanation regarding this would be great.

Thanks for reading... Have a good one!
        The question here is when were you able to login in game? 2 weeks after sept.7? so it's already expired if that is the case.

Comment

Originally posted by atom100 View Post

The question here is when were you able to login in game? 2 weeks after sept.7? so it's already expired if that is the case.
          So that's it! They did not mention that you should log into the game after completing the transfer. They just implied that you'll secure the rewards if you complete the transfer process before the said date and did not make it clear that you have to log-in when the server launches to get your rewards because it will expire... We assumed that it was account based and once you completed the transfer, anytime you log in your account, you'll receive the rewards though we did get the 5,000 DNP, it's a shame about the others...

Oh well, thanks for clearing that up... Though I doubt we'll play the game anymore after this.
          Last edited by Vanfam; 10-10-2017, 05:43 AM. Reason: Just venting... =/

Comment

• atom100
            atom100 commented
            Editing a comment
            it's always like that whenever they credited the rewards thru special storage there's a time limit, you're lucky DNP is credited directly to your account, if not even that will expire.

Sure they may not have said the reward would expire, BUT they also didn't say that the reward would stay waiting in your storage box indefinitely. Since that was the case, it's your responsibility (as well as the others who were in the same situation) to ask questions and find out, and if you can't get any info, then you should prioritize logging in asap to get your reward under the assumption that they are limited.

Comment

Well, to be honest, I don't think I remember any reward that has no time limit when claiming. It is common that whatever rewards they are, they are always sent either via mail or special storage (more common) and both have expiration. It has always been like that.

Comment

You could try requesting them again via support, but I can't promise anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlitzkrieg View Post
                Sure they may not have said the reward would expire, BUT they also didn't say that the reward would stay waiting in your storage box indefinitely. Since that was the case, it's your responsibility (as well as the others who were in the same situation) to ask questions and find out, and if you can't get any info, then you should prioritize logging in asap to get your reward under the assumption that they are limited.
                And it is also their responsibility to be clear, precise, and complete with their promotions. It goes both ways...
                It wouldn't really hurt them if they just said that, "Hey, you just have to log-in to make sure that you get the rewards after doing the transfer process."
                Just like this:

(I just googled, "mmo rewards expiration")

Also, it's not on us why we have to transfer in the first place. We have to transfer because Cherry has to pass Eyedentity the baton on DN Sea. To be honest we wouldn't even have cared but got talked to it by our former guild mates who got wind of it. It just sucks when you're expecting something which then turns out to be nothing... Our discord was like, "WTF!?"
                Another thing is that we haven't played Dragon Nest for quite a while now; more or less a year i.e. "we forgot how things work", so when we heard that there will be additional perks when doing the transfer, we decided to go with it.
                We're also not able to log-in immediately due to IRL commitments and worked out on setting a date so that the old gang could play together. It would have been much better if they just said it outright.
                Heck, when we logged in we didn't even have a clue where the rewards would be in the first place because they weren't clear how we're gonna receive it. Will it be via NPC?(Irene) Mail? etc..

Anyway, that's just our gripe. Thanks for the feedback though, have a good one.

Originally posted by Verbena View Post
                You could try requesting them again via support, but I can't promise anything.
                Thanks for the advice though I doubt it. I'll just relay this to our group.
                Thanks again, have a good one!

Anyway thanks for all those who replied. At least we're given a closure on this issue.
                Much appreciated y'all!
                Last edited by Vanfam; 10-10-2017, 08:40 AM. Reason: Added Closure

Comment

Well since Eyedentity would be handling the rewards shipment, CC couldn't really say anything of the date of arrival and expiration.

Comment

ROFL. This guy makes me laugh. How long have you been playing this game?
                    If you look back at all the events from CC, there's always this clause in their Terms and Conditions:

• Rewards that are not collected and have expired will not be reimbursed.

Good thing I have secured a copy of their TnC (I commented this in a Facebook post). It has been removed/replaced from the site.

And ever since I played this game, I haven't seen a mail without expiration date.

You can't blame CC or ED on this. It's not their fault but yours.

I don't know about you but in my case, whenever I tell my friends about an event reward(s), their usual response is always something like this: "Until when can I redeem the rewards? I'm too busy and can't login right now".
                    Last edited by BabyKuri; 10-10-2017, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyKuri View Post
                      ROFL. This guy makes me laugh. How long have you been playing this game?
                      If you look back at all the events from CC, there's always this clause in their Terms and Conditions:

Good thing I have secured a copy of their TnC (I commented this in a Facebook post). It has been removed/replaced from the site.

And ever since I played this game, I haven't seen a mail without expiration date.

I don't know about you but in my case, whenever I tell my friends about an event reward(s), their usual response is always something like this: "Until when can I redeem the rewards? I'm too busy and can't login right now".
                      Oh wow... How condescending can you get? Haven't you read the title? "Clarifications about the "Early Bird" transfer from cherry..." That's it. All I'm asking is for clarification, and I've gotten it. If you have read all the posts that is(if you do know how to read, you just probably skimmed...) I've already gotten my answer. So if you're gonna give your opinion then there's a lot of way not to make it sound really obnoxious...

Now, I don't know if you're in some kind of an ego-trip or whatever but you go in here, make an obnoxious remark like, "ROFL. This guy makes me laugh. How long have you been playing this game?"

Like I stated before, we weren't playing DN for like a year and more. We no longer remember stuff like that, my point is that they could've simply added a reminder in their promotions so that it would
                      be clear and detailed to old, new, and returning players alike.

Yeah, if you have read the entire post which again I guess you didn't. We were already told about that. So I guess because you just wanted to have a moment of schadenfreude, you decided to post here your opinion which is already redundant.

Honestly, passive-aggressive people like you trigger me so please for the love of God. If you don't have anything nice to say or if it has already been covered. Would you please kindly keep your opinion to yourself.

Sure, it's our fault. We knew it after it has been explained to us, though we just wanted closure for it and now that we have been given an explanation for it no thanks to you, we'll just go forward from here.

Thanks to all those who replied here who were civil and presented themselves with conduct unlike the person above.

Any moderator out there who would be able to close this thread? Please do so as to prevent people like the one above to post.

Thanks everyone, have a good day and more power to you...

Comment

Closing as requested.

Comment

Working...
                        X