Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ART BOOK EVENT (A.K.A DNSEA Green Dragon Fan Art Contest) Winners will be announced on 24th May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ART BOOK EVENT (A.K.A DNSEA Green Dragon Fan Art Contest) Winners will be announced on 24th May

THE EVENT PAGE HAS BEEN CLOSED AT 10:00 AM TODAY from further submissions.

Thank you for all who have participated

Voting time has ended as of 14:00 HRS as well.
    The event page will be hidden for the time being to pick out the winners according to the number of LIKEs.

The 10 winners of the Dragon Nest Art Book will be announced at 10:00 AM on Thursday, 24th May (GMT+8).

Great work, everyone!

So many nice and awesome artworks.
    Here's my partial and unofficial tally as of 11:50AM today.

If your friends are near the top 10, make sure to show your support and give a like!~
    PM Tasha, please delete my post if this is not allowed. Thanks~
    Last edited by BabyKuri; 05-20-2018, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• Nimmienaticz
      Nimmienaticz commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't have a friend, how can I win?

Hope that bogus forum account's votes are not included.
      Last edited by Nimmienaticz; 05-20-2018, 11:12 PM.

• Lothric
      Lothric commented
      Editing a comment
      @Nimmienaticz

I feel your disappointment, Some drawings that has been submitted on the event really deserve to win but won't stand a chance because they didn't get enough likes in order to win, compare to others. It seems that you really like to draw, Do you have a Deviantart, Instagram, Artstation account? I wanna see more of your work.

• Nimmienaticz
      Nimmienaticz commented
      Editing a comment
      @Lothric
      I do art for two reason;
      1. Self-fulfillment (to show-off, attract people)
      2. Income (practicality)

I do have a deviantart, but i dont have an artstation account.
      I don't really post my art commissions, unless its an art made to be criticized like I did here.

So how about those who submitted late? They had a small voting window than those who submitted earlier. They were not given enough time to attract likes. What? Sucks to be them? It's like Eyedentity is implying that "You guys sucks balls" for being late.

Would this idea a better way to host such competition? Submissions should only be revealed on voting period. This way all of the entries has the same exposure time to the eyes of general public. No one starts ahead, no one starts behind. Disqualify anyone who reveals their work ahead of schedule. Was this a race? No. It's a competition of quality, substance, and passion for art, not speed and velocity.

I'm too late for suggestions now. Dang, I wasn't able to sense the discrepancies of this competition earlier >_<. There was an uneasy feelings that kept bugging about this. So late to realize it . When I was strolling the forums I noticed some late passers on the main thread. I recognized one from group, an acquaintance from ghoul mode days. Only when the thought "He just pass only now. No! He doesn't enough view time anymore to draw likes. poor contestant. . . the art was so good, so cute. . ." came into my mind, I realize that the contest is quite unfair to begin with. . . Next time, please try to organize a fairer grounds of competition.

what kind of event planning and organizing do you guys even have? another trap by ED
    ★ Gintama ❖ 「ヒカリ証明論 / Hikari Shoumeiron」 ❖ CHiCO with HoneyWorks ★

✾▬▬▬▬▬▬❀▬▬▬▬▬▬✾
    Spotify URI | Spotify Song Link
    Wars Of Our Time (Dn Sea Forum History)ED 1:1 Inquire(SEA)Choco's Academic Fanart Gallery :3
    DNSEA Discord Invite

Comment

There are people who submitted in the last week, and people who submitted on the last day :I
      So many entries had broken files due to the bugged file submission feature and the uploader had no way to know unless told
      Last edited by Chocorroles; 05-21-2018, 09:34 AM.

Comment

i lost... hahaha
        7thDragon

Comment

I thought this event or contest will be judged and will be liked base on a certain drawing criteria plus the given notice just like the contests I've seen before; not until I read that we could ask for help or support from friends and/or in game mates or other peeps/friends outside the game/forum. That would be easy and quite not fair if we have them here already. I could have tried that just to get DN's precious artbook. Too bad the voting had been closed and I asked myself if I missed reading the voting period closing time. It seems like this event have other purpose too. It also made me think that I don't have to put some effort into this, I just have to draw and ask for likes til I get to the top. But of course I did as I am passionate about doing these things. I'm still hoping the winners later really deserve to win.

Comment

• Nimmienaticz
            Nimmienaticz commented
            Editing a comment
            Rather pray that vote from the said winners must be legit and not newly made.

• Mintacka
            Mintacka commented
            Editing a comment
            What's the point if it's not fair already? What's the point of this anyway. They could also check, know or even investigate that themselves.
            Last edited by Mintacka; 05-22-2018, 07:59 AM.

The most interesting idea for a contest I have seen done for this game so far. People was tasked to design a character from the scratch for a character that didn't have a design, Green Dragon Kujata.

And it was kinda wasted because people weren't really given a real voting period.

Just run around the office telling your artists to pick one lol
          Last edited by Chocorroles; 05-22-2018, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X