X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vylkerine's Level 93 (PVE) Warden/Artillery Guide

Hello Everyone!
    Long Overdue update to this guide as the new cap and things are new and/or outdated!!

I'm QueenBooms otherwise known as Vylkerine and I have been on and off playing DN since late 40 cap I mained Alchemist till around mid 50 cap and then I started to main Warden/Artillery and I have been playing it since. I wanted to make this guide to help everyone aspiring to play warden in 95 as they are really good with gear! and really fun too! I also wanna thank everyone who helped me with this guide <3
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Cover.png Views:	1 Size:	518.5 KB ID:	3645

What is a Warden/Artillery?

Wardens are the magic based sharpshooter class of archers. They are based around being a strong consistent DPS class with some mobility and a few i-frames to keep them out of harms way. They have a lot of AoE which makes them great for cleaning trash mobs and vsing large bosses (eg: Dragons) they do rely on your critical strike chance to deal more damage through their stacks for fatal cannonade or fatal guided missiles.
    Like other Archers, Wardens grant a few debuffs and a party buff for allies! the cost of playing any other is that they are really squishy but they have a pretty good time at avoiding attacks with i-frames.

Skill Build and General Information:

Click image for larger version  Name:	95 Skill build.png Views:	1 Size:	217.8 KB ID:	143711

This is my current build for 95

Stat priority:
    1 - FD: Obviously this is the most wanted stat but do not fret as warden has one of few FD buffs meaning we can get to the FD cap faster but as a bonus if we have max FD we still do more instead of diminishing returns most classes would have over capping FD
    2 - INT: Main stat for damage and lucky for us gives us crit damage as well so stacking this is a must must.
    3 - Crit: We heavily require critical to proc more fatal stacks to spam fatal guided missiles and cannonades.
    4 - Crit Dmg: New important stat introduced that makes your crits hit harder caps at 300% and we get 30% for free!

Gearing:
    Since gearing in Dragon Nest is now pretty linear for everyone you start off with Neris gear from the blacksmith and if you are new to 95 you get 3 Cerberus Beginner Passes go start a party and clear it 3 times to get 3 Cerberus front paws which exchange for 95 Crests, Talismans, and Dragon Gems for your gear. Get the Neris gear to +10 to start and work your way up to +20 focusing on weapons first Main>Off>Chest Piece>Leg>Hat>Shoe>Gloves.

After getting +20 you can upgrade to Medea tier 1 by crafting an item tuner at the Blacksmith. Repeat the enhancing process with Medea till +20 then using the same item tuner you can upgrade to Medea tier 2.

Once you have Medea tier 2 you can then craft a legendary tuner yo get Calypso tier 1.

Accessories you will obtain from doing the new labyrinth mode that drop at a random chance, all of the accessories are good the earrings are the best if you get the right one for your element. (make sure you convert, any is fine just whatever you can get on your earrings to start off)

Costumes the ones from the cash shop will do or if you are f2p you can get the wonderous sea dragon costume. The stats are really bad but it will work until you save gold for the epic synthesis costume. (This isnt a priority but it is nice to have, focus on your weapons and armor before going for a synthesis costume, unless you want to spend the money)

Last edited by QueenBooms; 07-17-2018, 03:44 AM.

| Youtube | Discord: Leichel#8821

will fix at the later date....
    Last edited by QueenBooms; 07-17-2018, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Thanks to everyone who read/critiqued this guide! Hope you found it informative and hope to see you all in game! <3

Credits to Aiyunne for helping me make this guide! <3
      Contact me:
      IGN: Vylkerine (Warden/Artillery)
      Discord: Vylkerine#8821
      Youtube

Change Log:
      17/7/2018 - updated the guide for 95 on skill build and gears.
      4/11/2016 - Added note about the buff changes in Nov 3rd KDN Patch
      26/10/2016 - Added a optional build
      21/10/2016 - added a video of my gear as of 18th October 2016
      7/10/2016 - Added TKN solo video

25/09/2016 - Changed a few bits of text
      24/09/2016 - Created Guide
      Last edited by QueenBooms; 07-17-2018, 03:45 AM.

Comment

Awakened Swift Shot: Upon hitting enemies with Swift Shot Cyclone Harpoon does damage.

This awakening skill called Awakened Swift Shot is really the problem.

For goodness sake it's Cyclone Harpoon is a awakening Active skill not some old skills of Artillery. It should NOT get any awakened PASSIVE skill. This is really the evidence that you are nerfing this artillery class and you need to STOP.

They gave Artillery this useless passive skill (Awakened Swift Shot).
        Who would make an awakening passive skill for an awakened ACTIVE SKILL??? Sniper don't have an awakened passive skill for any awaken Active skills.....

Change this stupid idea please.

Awakened Swift Shot is a stupid idea ever.

You just pick whatever skill that you want to awaken and I noticed the skills you awakened are terrible skills at least for artillery class.

You gave sniper a new tumble.... which DOES NOT make any sense to awaken it. Why don't you give that new tumble to artillery class as well for fairness cause Artillery does needs mobility also.

This awakening skills has NO RULE or ORDER. IT IS BASED ON THE DEVELOPER's or Player's interests! and Ya I noticed this based on the awakening skills you made on especially sniper and gladiator. You kept on modifying Sniper's siege stance.

Can you change the number of arrows of Detonating arrow in PVP? it's currently 2 arrows which is really stupid when it supposed to be 3 I mean THREE ARROWS.

But I find detonating arrows useless cause it doesn't deal a lot of damage comparing it to other classes's lvl 50 skills.

Here's my suggestion replace this detonating arrow into ARROW TURRETS like the ones in citadel of erosion but even better because this is a class. And please keep the Artillery's arrows color PINK not purple because Color Pink as color skill effect is very unique color since not a lot of classes has this color in their skill effects. Purple does not look good for Artillery. So it must be pure PINK.

skill that needs to be modify is Cannonade's mark when its about to fall in PVP players can see when the stupid slow Cannonade about to fall and they can dodge it.
        The only person who should see the mark of Cannonade is the user.

I hope eyedentity reads this, thank you for being DN NA publisher.
        Last edited by cleanlove2; 09-27-2016, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cleanlove2 View Post

Awakened Swift Shot: Upon hitting enemies with Swift Shot Cyclone Harpoon does damage.

This awakening skill called Awakened Swift Shot is really the problem.

For goodness sake it's Cyclone Harpoon is a awakening Active skill not some old skills of Artillery. It should NOT get any awakened PASSIVE skill. This is really the evidence that you are nerfing this artillery class and you need to STOP.

They gave Artillery this useless passive skill (Awakened Swift Shot).
          Who would make an awakening passive skill for an awakened ACTIVE SKILL??? Sniper don't have an awakened passive skill for any awaken Active skills.....

Change this stupid idea please.

Awakened Swift Shot is a stupid idea ever.

You just pick whatever skill that you want to awaken and I noticed the skills you awakened are terrible skills at least for artillery class.

You gave sniper a new tumble.... which DOES NOT make any sense to awaken it. Why don't you give that new tumble to artillery class as well for fairness cause Artillery does needs mobility also.

This awakening skills has NO RULE or ORDER. IT IS BASED ON THE DEVELOPER's or Player's interests! and Ya I noticed this based on the awakening skills you made on especially sniper and gladiator. You kept on modifying Sniper's siege stance.

Can you change the number of arrows of Detonating arrow in PVP? it's currently 2 arrows which is really stupid when it supposed to be 3 I mean THREE ARROWS.

But I find detonating arrows useless cause it doesn't deal a lot of damage comparing it to other classes's lvl 50 skills.

Here's my suggestion replace this detonating arrow into ARROW TURRETS like the ones in citadel of erosion but even better because this is a class. And please keep the Artillery's arrows color PINK not purple because Color Pink as color skill effect is very unique color since not a lot of classes has this color in their skill effects. Purple does not look good for Artillery. So it must be pure PINK.

skill that needs to be modify is Cannonade's mark when its about to fall in PVP players can see when the stupid slow Cannonade about to fall and they can dodge it.
          The only person who should see the mark of Cannonade is the user.

I hope eyedentity reads this, thank you for being DN NA publisher.
          Eyedentity is never gonna see this lol. Post in suggestions instead and maybe they'll take a look.
          iAimToPlease - 93 Windwalker
          Sudite - 93 Silver Hunter
          Bootylicious - 90 Dark Summoner
          YunoGasaai - 93 Ruina
          Discord: SassyChan #8143

Comment

I would really rather this not be a ranting topic and a serious one and also your post makes no sence at all cleanlove2

Comment

• cleanlove2
              cleanlove2 commented
              Editing a comment
              I think ur delusional and fake. You don't take the obvious problems seriously.

wao very naisu guide rach! I'm just doing a few finishing touches

Comment

• QueenBooms
              QueenBooms commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Miki

Great guide, but just one point. I do not think you should waste SP on Dash. The cooldown is too long.

Comment

• Hekaiyo
              Hekaiyo commented
              Editing a comment
              Also I disagree with what you wrote about Longbow and Crossbow mastery.

The Light Longbow is clearly inferior to the Light Greatsword.

Did you give any thought into specing into tumble shot or stunning shot for reduced cooldowns? Doesn't seem like anyone talks about this. Personally I used tumble shot a lot so probably will be maxing it. On the other hand I don't use det a lot so probably wont spec into it fully (yes I know its better on 93, but i still don't on EU)..

Comment

Originally posted by Owl View Post
              Did you give any thought into specing into tumble shot or stunning shot for reduced cooldowns? Doesn't seem like anyone talks about this. Personally I used tumble shot a lot so probably will be maxing it. On the other hand I don't use det a lot so probably wont spec into it fully (yes I know its better on 93, but i still don't on EU)..
              I have thought about it but to be honest i dont use those iframes much at all mainly fake I dont use but with this setup you literally dont have sp to put into those skills

Comment

Nice guide. Thumbs up for you.

DN News Reporter & Translator
                Integration #9140

Comment

• QueenBooms
                  QueenBooms commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks <3

I like tumbling shot more than fake shot because I think it's more useful overall. You can use it to dodge stomps, you can use it to re-position, you can use it to iframe in general. But it's all personal preference. About stunning shot, idk if it's worth it.
                Hey player, do you know what time it is? (◕‿◕✿)

Comment

• QueenBooms
                  QueenBooms commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I personally dont mind using stunning shot still but when you have max crit maybe it isnt as useful anymore so idk

• Toby
                  Toby commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think it's still useful if you run out of skills and are less than 10 bubbles away from using a fatal skill, but I'm not very experienced at warden and haven't tried the new one yet so I wouldn't know if you would even run out of skills.

• Toby
                  Toby commented
                  Editing a comment
                  But I do agree it becomes less useful with max crit.

I don't use fake shot most of the time, except to look badass from time to time. I don't see the utility, iframe is about the same as tumble.
                With stunning shot, I have yet to stack points into it, but even with max crit, you'll have times where everything is on cd (a LOT rarer with awakening) and its good filler to get a free fatal arrow. imo it would seem better to put into that than det given det is still worse than magic arrow (including all 3 shots maxed) . More crits faster means more cannons ( '-')b

Comment

I don't use fake shot most of the time, except to look badass from time to time. I don't see the utility, iframe is about the same as tumble.
                  With stunning shot, I have yet to stack points into it, but even with max crit, you'll have times where everything is on cd (a LOT rarer with awakening) and its good filler to get a free fatal arrow. imo it would seem better to put into that than det given det is still worse than magic arrow (including all 3 shots maxed) . More crits faster means more cannons ( '-')b
                  wow. fake shot is bae tbh.

Comment

• Toby
                    Toby commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Style points for gramps :3

if thats the way of thinking I almost dont even wanna max GM cuz the dmg from it is so low since you normally only use fatal when you cant use cannonade and the regular skill is a long cd. However deto is sitting around the top 5 dmging skills. However my character on KR is no where near my NA warden with gear so I will be testing it again once NA Is up

Comment

Working...
                  X