Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any good PvE guides for a Tank Paladin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any good PvE guides for a Tank Paladin?

What skills I should take and what I should avoid, etc?

I'm hoping that the Paladin at least has some kind of self-healing spell and some kind of group buff that makes them welcome in parties.

Tank Paladin = Guardian, while Offensive Paladin = Crusader; Just to help you differentiate between both classes.

Guardians are desired for their Divine Barrier (also known as Guardian Force in DN SEA), which allow you to give a protective barrier that shield your teammates for 30% of their HP.
    Guardians have self-heal capability in the form of Stance of Faith EX; any successive block with this skill will recover your HP by 10% (reduced to 5% for successful block, 3% for failed block in future update).

That being said, I would advise you to refrain from choosing this class: 1) If this Guardian will be your first character in the game; and 2) If you cannot afford to gear him highly right off the bat from the start or somewhere near in the future.

Comment

Why, is Guardian an expensive class or something?

They also get Aura of Healing, right?

Comment

• NearLawlet
        NearLawlet commented
        Editing a comment
        1. Destroyer (another tank specialization from Warrior class) has superior damage.

2. Destroyer is a better tank because he got better damage reduction skills (up to 100% damage reduction with Crash Mode and Resentment, practically making him invulnerable).

3. Destroyer has better AoE.

4. Nowadays, players would only take a Guardian for 8-man raid nest, something that requires extremely high gear rating.

Well, I'd like to take Aura of Healing for my build. Could I dump some Attuned Mind to get it?

Comment

So I took the build NearLawlet recommended me and I tweaked it just a bit to suit my playstyle more, sacrificing a few levels in a passive or two to get access to a couple other skills, notably Aura of Healing and Sacred Hammering. How does it look?

Attached Files

Comment

You need to set the skill builder to strict mode
          ​​mode, technically sacred hammering needs goddess relic as a prerequisite. I don't know why the lines showing the skill paths are missing :/
          ​​​​
          you also need 6+ shield blow to get class mastery 3

https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/na/...-0-00-----0--0

This is the build I would use, if you want to get smite for the iframe you can lower shield charge and drop awakening. However the crusader skills in general are a waste of sp and don't contribute damage. Toughness is good but i recall having this build and running out of sp and not being able to get toughness, so the extra 11 in the skill sim is making me wary.

I wrote this guide a while ago, hopefully it would be of some use. However I don't actively play the game anymore due to the paladin revamps.
          http://forum.dragonnest.com/forum/ge...372-tank-guide
          Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
          Who guards the guardians?

Comment

Lmao ok this forums approval thing is annoying but disregard the skill build in the other post because I forgot to input max justice crash,the advice is the same though, if you want more sp

- lower shield blow to 6
            - drop shield charge awakening + lower to 1
            -lower mp passives
            - drop parabolt

https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/na/...-0-00-----0--0

BTW max stance of faith is useless leave it at 1

The group buff that guardians have, the divine bubble,was increased to a 75 second CD when it used to be 5 sec. It was a lot more useful in the past when it used to give superarmor so basically the tank class archetype got butchered and became a tankier dps. Aggro control is the main role but in general people don't care about aggro anymore. So the game is mostly a dps race and that's why guardian is a "bad" class

​​​​​
            Last edited by ceruulean; 06-12-2018, 08:32 AM.
            Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
            Who guards the guardians?

Comment

I've actually put Guardian on the backburner for now because I wanted to try Saint as well, as I prefer playing a class focused on support and healing, and so far I'm actually really liking it. NearLawlet advised me not to play a Guardian as my very first toon anyway. I guess it's a difficult class to play?

Anyway, I took advice from the Saint thread and put together my own build using the information inside: Hopefully it will do well later.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X