Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the most part, I believe I'm done updating my Guide for Awakening. I need to add some images and things but pretty much all of the information is there.
    Last edited by Donkay; 01-31-2017, 06:05 PM.
    Guild Master of FluffyTail
    Donkay#9247

Donkay - 93 Inquisitor | Donkali - 93 Soul Eater

Donkali's Guide | Twitch

Comment

may i know, which one is your current skill build?

Comment

• Donkay
        Donkay commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there!

If you're from SEA, we haven't gotten Awakening changes yet so I'm still using an old build. I'd probably favor the build with Dragon Bite & no Phantom Avenger, though.

• Arctiic
        Arctiic commented
        Editing a comment
        That what i was talking about with a friebd of mine... But then i kept both ulti (PA being lvl 2)... I dont know, i used to have both since after Soul Shriek giving the "fire-and-forget" dragon bite, to use when a the situation calls a burst. Ofc the invincibility of PA was the main reason of picking this ult and so...

U think PA became that useless to SE or its just a personal preference?i thought it was a good thing to increase Soul Liberate speed and boost totem usage.. Im asking as a player that has about 6 months away from my sweet SE Dx

• Donkay
        Donkay commented
        Editing a comment
        Phantom Avenger is still good but the damage and invincibility are big reasons which I took it. Pairing it with Phantom Guard is probably still just as good tbh.
        That's why I put Phantom Avenger up there as a viable build because of how slow Soul Liberation is @_@ but if you do that you spend more time setting up than you usually do uwu

It's up to personal preference at this point.

Puppet Dance > Humiliation > Ghost Gate >> Chain Claw animation cancel > Begrudge > Summon Totem
      In my rotations, i still use the "old begrudge" thoughts, casting it before soul gate to bump my atk and summon a 17% stronger soul Gate. Right after enter the stage i do cast puppet, since it remains there for about 1min , and when the boss isnt iframe anymore:

Begrudge > branded status > curse > Ghost gate >> chain claw > spectre...

Also, i read that summon totem dmg buff to its respective skills count as FD (like dancers and lancea)... So it might have diminishing returns to FD SE in the end (as Se was the only kali that had zero diminishing returns with fd)..." Why the heck r u sayin' this, Arc?!".. Well so, to that fd players, things like plates would change after awakenings...

Thanks again gor that guide, Donkali \õ/ i apreciate ur efforts to keep this up to date.. As this is the only SE guide (in english at least) that keeps up to date, among other forums.

Comment

• Donkay
        Donkay commented
        Editing a comment
        Is that how that works or is that how it worked in T4 ?_? And in that case wouldn't it work on Totem as well? Or are these just old habits LOL

I tested it on kDN and I got a strict 30% damage bonus (but I had no FD) so I'll test when this hits NA and see the difference, since I have a fair bit of FD over here. Good to know that it might be just an artificial FD buff disguised in.

If I'm waiting on people at the start of the raid I'd probably cast puppet, too, to be honest. Although it'll be rendered useless by some other team member with a better debuff.

Thanks for the kind words once again \o/

• Arctiic
        Arctiic commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, hahaha old habits, but the atk buff we get will still benefit it.
        In t4 era we could buff Ghost Gate by summoning it inside begrudge AOE. The same Happened to GM turrets, if she casted it inside the AOE. Basically:
        Cast begrudge > our atk get buffed > Summons Ghost Gate (it will be summoned based on our buffed atk) > Ghost gate receive begrudge's buff on itself (increasing the atk that it copied from us while summoned). If there was a LF doing meditation skill, ghost gate would also receive his atk buff too, as the AW and DS dark atk buffs, but DS one only applied 1 wave (didn't tested out with other buffs tho, cuz my Anu arendel ordeal nest's party only had those two buffers, not counting with me (two parties, where the second one i played as DS)).

maybe totem works the same way as Ghost gate, cuz, since its a "offensive summon" it will be based on ur atk when summoned. in T5, the only atk party buff we have is from warriors, and i didn't tested if ghost gate still get these buffs.

I've removed the 'argument' that was started by Aiko, you're welcome. Keep trolling these noobs, it's actually quite funny.

Comment

• Aiko
        Aiko commented
        Editing a comment
        thx for the shout out

• Arctiic
        Arctiic commented
        Editing a comment
        i just mentioned u in General Kali thread, you can keep sharing ur thoughts about kali awakening and stuffs there c:

hello i heard that curse reduces all boss resistance, like ele, def, crit. Is this true?
      Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
      Who guards the guardians?

Comment

Originally posted by ceruulean View Post
        hello i heard that curse reduces all boss resistance, like ele, def, crit. Is this true?
        The answer to this is written clearly in one of the first paragraphs of this guide. Please read it before asking questions, thanks!

​​​​​​While I'm posting here anyways, if anyone still cares, I will update my guide for 95 cap and Class Mastery III shortly.
        Last edited by Donkay; 06-01-2017, 04:44 AM.
        Guild Master of FluffyTail
        Donkay#9247

Donkay - 93 Inquisitor | Donkali - 93 Soul Eater

Donkali's Guide | Twitch

Comment

• ceruulean
          ceruulean commented
          Editing a comment
          im asking because i heard it reduces everything not just elemental resist which is what makes it so op, but i guess if thats a myth then ok sorry for asking
          Last edited by ceruulean; 06-01-2017, 08:51 PM.

just passing by to drop sum memes
        rip donkali guide 2k17 tho
        AYY LMAO BAN HAMMER.png

Comment

• Donkay
          Donkay commented
          Editing a comment
          I think Queen was referring to herself, I'm not banned.

• Queen
          Queen commented
          Editing a comment
          that's my signature, guys pls.
          and happy birthday Donk! I'm surprised you're still around.

• Donkay
          Donkay commented
          Editing a comment
          Wao pls I'm only lurking

Hey Just a question, I am tossing between dark summoner and Soul eater for PVE. I am just curious which would be the best for Strictly PVE?

Comment

• Axxon
          Axxon commented
          Editing a comment
          CURRENTLY, Dark Summoner is fairly stronger, but Power changes from patch to patch so I would never choose a class for its DPS (Low DPS eventually gets buffed to Top tier somehow and it'S a sort of cycle by now).

Both are good in raids but it really depends on the gameplay you like. Dark Summoner is easier to use and is about spamming the spells since you only have one debuff to take care of. Also Dark Summoner is strong in PvP, you can get ladder points easily which can help making Money and gearing (Light cube for Genesis, Fusion cubes !)

Soul Eater has alot to keep up and got a certain rotation to follow (easier since last patch, but still important), You also need good timing since she's better on immobile Targets.
      Working...
      X