Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great guide and one that got me interested in valkyrie. Admittedly, I've only skimmed through areas of interest, but I noticed in your video you're able to cast all 4 piercing spikes mid-air. I'm level 90, but when I try, I'm only able to cast two before dropping to the ground and having to enter the skill again for the 2nd CTC. What am I missing that's not allowing me to cast all 4? Thanks.

Comment

• miki
      miki commented
      Editing a comment
      You just have to recast after you throw the 2nd spike and if you do it right away you will just stay in the air.

Originally posted by lightweight View Post
    Great guide and one that got me interested in valkyrie. Admittedly, I've only skimmed through areas of interest, but I noticed in your video you're able to cast all 4 piercing spikes mid-air. I'm level 90, but when I try, I'm only able to cast two before dropping to the ground and having to enter the skill again for the 2nd CTC. What am I missing that's not allowing me to cast all 4? Thanks.
    Pretty sure you just enter the skill again while in air.

Comment

'''''''''''''''
      Last edited by Aecius; 11-24-2016, 04:29 PM. Reason: All good now

Comment

Now piercing spike tech is earring. Valk is not weakened with genesis rings x2 anymore...!

Comment

may i ask you one thing? i know it's a bit personal but... what made you lose interest on DN?
          (very nice guide btw)

Comment

Great job. Hope to see awakening version of your solo soon ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Ryne View Post
              Great job. Hope to see awakening version of your solo soon ^_^
              Thank you

Btw, I did a test with awakening on tdn

it is not perfect but imo it's ok enough to show what it will be like!

This the build I use:

https://dnskillsim.herokuapp.com/kdn...-0-00--00-0--0
              Last edited by miki; 12-07-2017, 11:15 AM.

Comment

I will update this guide soon!

Comment

I made skill build changes today for a skeleton build (42 pts left over) and my updated personal build. Also I changed piercing spike plate to cooldown instead of damage because it's better that way.

Things I still need to add/change:

-Class Mastery 3 explanations
                  -Update gearing section for 95 cap
                  -Refine some skill rotations for 95 cap

Also, I will change just about everything in this guide around time for awakening!

Comment

• Ryne
                    Ryne commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Aww I stop by and hope for NA to get awakening but still not yet hmm?
                    By the way, I understand the feeling of reason why you use PS cd plate but why VFB cd too? Is there any advantage in that?

• miki
                    miki commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The reason why was because piercing spikes cd together was 18 sec and vfa cd lets it be up asap. But everything changes in this update so refer to next posts for that please

Well, half the awakening is here~ board damages are doubled and Class Mastery II passive changed from 5% attack -> 25% light. Double detonation is removed but our burst is still almost double what it is now! The new rotation is Piercing Spikes -> Casted Spear of Light(the cast animation is shortened!) and detonate everything with Vengeance from Above. So the plates changed for this month temporarily til we get full awakening:

Piercing Spikes: Damage
                  Vengeance from Above: Cooldown
                  Spear of Light: Damage
                  Twirl Trance: Damage

Piercing Spikes is better with Damage because the CD was increased(11 sec -> 15 sec) but it line up perfectly that way with Spear of Light (14 sec) and VfA (16 sec with CD plate) so we can burst everything off their cooldowns and benefit fully from cooldown/board damage. Since we can't double deto anymore, it is better to separate spike detos (just use 2 spike instead of all 4 spike with SoL + VfA) for fully benefits. This is actually what Valk rotation was intended to be since devs stated double deto was not intended(but I guess they just didn't fix the bug since it wasn't broken anyways c: ). To detonate SoL is actually pretty strong and almost makes up fully for the double detonation and since its cast time reduced I personally really welcome these change! The 25% light passive is really nice and I still recommend Twirl Trance damage plate for class mastery III + exi since they both benefit from it.

I hope this helps!

Comment

Also make sure to reset builds before patch. There is a bug if you have hornet's touch past lv12, you can not use it and you also can't reset skill build. They are only 420g so I recommend this a lot!

EU:

Comment

Here is updated video of new magic spears rotation!

Comment

Okie poke, the guide is almost fully updated~! The only section left to update is Rotations!

Comment

I listed this in updated section, but I think I will make new posts for updates to keep people up to date about the latest things. So, Valkyrie awakening is amazing but unfortunately, we have lots of bugs to deal with currently. I will list this here for GM's to look at and we can hopefully get it fix sooner!
                          ---02/14/18 Awakening Bug Notice---

- Awakened VfA doesn't work with plates(no CD plate is big
                          dps loss)
                          -Awakened VfAdetos for like 1/3 of what it should(may as well take VfA unawakened for now)
                          - Flag shine tends to bug sometimes(especially aerial)
                          - Spear of light bugs frequently
                          - Damage amp on stalwart spirit doesn't work, but still allows
                          spammable lingering swing
                          - Erratic power counter doesn't work with awakened skills
                          - Double somersault doesn't proc class mastery 1 (+30%mdmg passive)

I have updated the skill builds in light of the bugs! :3
                          I'm sorry for any confusion or troubles this caused anyone...

Also added: Hornet's Touch Conditions key throughout skill descriptions
                          Last edited by miki; 02-13-2018, 11:05 PM.

Comment

---02/27/18 Rotations Section Update---

-Rotations section is fully updated with combos and explanations
                            -Updated crests to reflect beginners and seasoned players
                            -Replaced obnoxious new skill icons like Angelic Spear, Flag Shine & CMIII with better ones
                            -Updated skill build explanations a bit

Wow, I finished the guide besides a few small touch up! :3 The rotations section is complete and I think it all turned out rather nice~ I really hope that you guys enjoy this guide and most importantly I hope it helps! If you have any questions or concern or any feedback on ways to improve the guide please let me know! ^-^
                            Last edited by miki; 02-27-2018, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X