Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haven't felt this for a while, actually want to go and record DPS's delay/damage of skills, machina is a really fun class, and now with level 5 ducking i can D-LC-D-LC-D-LC albeit slow, it'd be amazing if duck had some invulnerability period

i tend to start my combos with stomp shuffle raw, mainly because i'm still leveling and it's nice to drop in a pack of monsters, same for the oraora, too much fun just spinning the camera 360 degrees and mauling it all, is there any enemy out there with a consistent hitbox and enough HP to go punching bag on for practice/testing? sand dragon is the best i've found so far.

do you use lariat and beyond the wall much? your rotation looks very tight and it seems to spend a bit too much time activating it(BtW).

thanks for the info on deus ex, explains why it sometimes completely whiffs, it also seems to glitch hard on altitude changes. i'll go check ruina plates out to be familiar with the options.

Comment

duck does have a small iframe but its difficult to put it to practical use. It does chain into your tumble immediately so it provides a good bit of extra invincibility.

There's no real punching bag really until you reach level cap so it'll be a while.

Lariat is purely as stated above mobility and rushdown skill only. Never used to DPS. Beyond the wall is a different story because the rotation is so long, its prone to get interrupted by mechs and the boss moving around. During those times BtW is almost always a good option to do before getting back in there.
      IGN: CharginTool
      Discord ID: CharginTool #6299
      (9 ′︵‵ )9

Comment

Figured that it was better to post in an existing topic than to make a new one.

I've recently hit Level 93 on my Runia. Got a solid build, getting a hang of comboing with her (though I still tend to drop combos more often than I'd like) but now we move to the tough part.

Figuring out how I should be gearing up. I'm a bit lost, as once you get to 'end game' there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of info in game as to how you should go about outfitting yourself with more than the scraps you've gotten from dungeon drops.

Anybody got some advice on how I should get started with this?

Comment

If this is your first character ever. Start finding epic pieces to fit onto yourself, the first tier of gear in 93 cap is Theano, find as many theano pieces as possible to get some solid defense while enhancing them at the same time.
          For each piece (earrings and necklace included) you'll want to slap a windswept gem w/HP onto them since the main stat of Ruina is agility. For your weapons and rings, find an elemental conversion gem (no real preference unless you plan to use tech accessories; you use dark from that point) and three other corresponding gems that add on to that element. Get proper plates and talismans as you go hunting for your gear.

Once you finished that, all your gear should be around +6 by now atleast with proper gems. Take on TKN HC to find desirous theano (the next tier of gear) and shoot for a +10 on each desirous piece you can find while refining your gems/plates/talismans as you go.

That's about the limit for standard gearing. Two ways you can go from here, make an alt character and gear him using your ruina's drops quickly then have that alt further fund your Ruina or...

If you want to go far beyond this, you'll probably want to start going into Legendary gear status. Try your best to master Red dragon nest and score as many hardcore version clears as possible (or be lazy af and buy your runs) and begin the longest journey to finishing your L grades.
          (9 ′︵‵ )9

Comment

I had a Guardian/Crusader a while ago, but I took a break from the game and missed the transfer window, so now they are gone forever. ;_;

At any rate, thanks for the advice. As far as Runia's go, what is the priority for stats?

Is Agility always going to be higher priority than Crit?

Comment

Agi gives crit so it's just a matter of stacking as much agility you can along with HP. Along with maybe a little bit of FD+crit damage+ele% without sacrificing HP here and there to help with damage.
              Last edited by CharginTool; 10-29-2016, 10:15 PM.
              (9 ′︵‵ )9

Comment

Working...
              X