Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just wanted to clarify that Firewall has one chance of generating a bubble. If your Firewall doesn't hit the enemy (say you're at a distance), you can do the left-click EX attack to serve as your one chance. If you get your bubble with the regular Firewall, you can't generate another bubble with the left-click.
    Discord: Fabulous #3971
    You will need to join DN Class Discussion, NA, EU, or SEA Discord servers to find me because of the emoji in my tag.
    Class Updates Document
    Chaos Mage/Majesty In-Depth Guide
    YouTube Channel

Comment

When did High Int earring Tech became priority over Fire%/Vit tech ? 2395 Int + 50% Passive = 3593 Int *0.80 Ratio = 2874 M.att ? Is that really better than 4.95% Fire ???
      Main : I'm back to Pyromancer LOL now, always open to help and all kind of stuff on DN, hit me up <3
      IGN :Tirlarna

Comment

• Fabulous
        Fabulous commented
        Editing a comment

If you replace an epic INT tech with a vit tech, you lose about 1% average damage. While it's about a 1% difference in damage right now, the difference becomes larger with U-grade techs. I believe vara said that she would use the vit tech right now, and an INT tech when U-grades come out. I also pointed this out in the Post Your Stats thread.

• vara
        vara commented
        Editing a comment
        with the awakened passive changes for INT, a unique INT tech will outclass a unique VIT/FIRE/ICE tech; however an epic VIT/FIRE/ICE tech outclasses an epic INT tech.

• Axxon
        Axxon commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks alot ! Wll take good note of that for both my guide AND my gear

just use extra int/crit gems if you end up with a vit/ele earring to offset the damage loss from the lack of int (if you wouldn't do that with an int earring)

Comment

Whether or not +%Fire/Ice will beat out +%INT Tech, really depends on your damage range. Well, +%Fire/Ice also has Vit, which will increase your survivability, which will offer you more chances to deal damage.
        Last edited by iCerulean; 11-08-2016, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• iCerulean
          iCerulean commented
          Editing a comment
          With Gen Rings, +%INT will win regardless of whether your Tech is Epic or Unique.

I'm not investing time on Genesis Ring... but I have one last question then about Techniques (Rings) for Elementalists. Which one is better now ? Crit + Ele% or Magic Dmg + Int (there's a ring for that.) I have magic Dmg + Int as a filler but that might the good one now !

Thanks
        Main : I'm back to Pyromancer LOL now, always open to help and all kind of stuff on DN, hit me up <3

Comment

Update #3:

- Added Fire% Tech earring as an option + Note underneath. Sorry for not personally responding earlier ~ I should've added fire% earrings as an option earlier.
          - Talisman guide has been updated and should be pretty much completed. Pretty stars. o vo
          - Enhancement crest guide should be completely finished as I can't think of anything else to add..?
          - Gearing/Acc Guide is NOT COMPLETE. There may be changes + new things etc added. And I'm finishing this all in random order pretty much.. so ye.

​​​As for the Tech ring question,
          I would recommend getting RDN L grade if you can as L grade gems + set bonus of RDN L accs would be more beneficial for you in all factors (INT/Vit/Mdmg/FD/Fire%... sadly not much crit on the ring itself but L grade gems have crit in it)

Otherwise,
          the crit + ele% vs mdmg + int ... I would go with the crit + fire%. If you wonder why even after that debate... its because that debate has nothing to do with it.
          10.9k crit is involved + ele% along with it.
          If you're using 2 tech rings, even more crit + ele% ~ Ofc this option is assuming you don't have good enough crit..
          Otherwise u can use the mdmg + vit option and go crit+wise gems so u have a balance kind of.. too bad you lose int with this option... aside from wise gems.
          the mdmg + int option for rings.. int so low :c ... 381 ...but its a good temp ring until u can get better ones i guess.. I wouldn't recommend using this forever though lol... actually i wouldnt recommend using tech rings forever at all! :'D..

Fire% earrings, I don't see it as a bad thing to use as it gives vit and I do see it as a viable option after you're good on INT/mdmg and other factors stated by others above.
          Again I apologize that I didn't put this in as an option earlier..... idek

Hopefully.. I answered this right?
          If not.. rip
          ​​​​​​Go ahead and correct me if I'm wrong on anything //hahawouldntbesurprisedifiwas.
          //goes back into hiding

IGN: SachiMizora | Class: Pyromancer | Discord: Sachi #2301 | Hangs out @ Ch7 | Pyromancer Guide | Tumblr
          Other Characters:
          Saint/s -
          Generosity, SaeyoungChoi & Pure
          Light Bringer - Aussie, KaidenMizora
          Ice Witch - SachMizora
          Valkyrie - Sachi

Comment

vara (I want your opinion on the rings since you seem good on the maths and Pyro shares the gear with IW xD)

and SachiMizora I expect more than one opinion, that's why I ask and all Feedback is good.. Epic Tech Fire% Earring is better than Epic Earring High Int by 1-2% and it's reverse when it goes unique (Int earring wins when Unique)... So I expect the same when we go unique for rings too that's why. It's min-maxing with small numbers. I'm even taking notes for the RDN-L Stuff.

Comment

• vara
              vara commented
              Editing a comment
              there's only one tech ring that would be useful, and it becomes useless once you have a high amount of crit. i would only tech earring/necklace.

The best option is RDNL rings with L-grade gems without a doubt (sans Genesis). But you've stated adamantly before that you won't use L-grades, so I would recommend Mystical Theano rings. You've said yourself that Magma Ball is a filler skill, so teching it isn't really useful. Firewall is an option, but not a priority.
            Discord: Fabulous #3971
            You will need to join DN Class Discussion, NA, EU, or SEA Discord servers to find me because of the emoji in my tag.
            Class Updates Document
            Chaos Mage/Majesty In-Depth Guide
            YouTube Channel

Comment

mmmm... is there any reason for not using L grades? ;w;

IGN: SachiMizora | Class: Pyromancer | Discord: Sachi #2301 | Hangs out @ Ch7 | Pyromancer Guide | Tumblr
              Other Characters:
              Saint/s -
              Generosity, SaeyoungChoi & Pure
              Light Bringer - Aussie, KaidenMizora
              Ice Witch - SachMizora
              Valkyrie - Sachi

Comment

Originally posted by SachiMizora View Post
                mmmm... is there any reason for not using L grades? ;w;
                Not doing RDN HC is a reason since I couldn't afford the time to be in a raid team, even if I know it's better to simply go 3-L grade accessories + Tech Earrings. Mystical Theano ring is probably the best option in my case, I just need to compare with U-tech rings first (I could always use that fire%+crit until I get enough crit).

And I prefer to just go IDN-U+Int armor, Nightmare Weapons and U-Tech, it's easier for me with the little time I can invest per week. I can barely keep up on Coma shards, only 4/7 pieces done ;x L-grade is too much investment but I will surely go L-grade accessories with IDN. Kinda too late to gather 3 L-grade gems and 3 accessories XD

Comment

Hi guys, wanted some recommendations on Stat Crests. Currently using
                  - Health
                  - Life
                  - Wise
                  - Mystical
                  - Ulti
                  - Limit
                  - Windswept
                  - Fierce

Should I be switching out my Windswept for Offensive? I always thought Windswept would boost crit, even if it's only a small boost... Sitting on 56% crit atm. I read through the guide and its seems windswept isn't a priority. Sorry if this question is plainly obvious and stupid. Also wonderful Pyro guide Sachi!

Comment

• PyroS
                    PyroS commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ahh fair fair, on that note Windswept isn't a priority for Talismans either I'd assume? Atm I have Windswept, Fierce and Limit in Tali slots. Wasn't sure where to put fire cause I thought the few % increase was negligible but from this guide I'm assuming drop Windswept or limit Tali?
                    I always refer to this guide when in doubt! And thanks for the response and recommendations!

• SachiMizora
                    SachiMizora commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If you want to, you can ditch life and/or adorned (few HP isn't gonna save your life much sadly & we already have high mdef as a mage and would prioritize sturdy over adorned) Windswept isn't a priority no but if you need the few extra crit then feel free use it as a life/adorned talisman won't help too much if its in the low % slots.
                    The few fire % increases because of the slot and I find it to be great to have as a talisman if you have it available(extra damage ~) but if you don't no worries.

I assume you don't use talisman expansion which is why you can't fit it all so..
                    I'd prioritize in this order

first column: fire, wise
                    2nd: mystical , limit
                    3rd: fierce, windswept
                    4th: health, sturdy

As much as it is great to have extra health/life, we are a DPS class and if need be.. can make up with health from our gems/enhancements/accessories(which will boost our health more compared to low % slot talismans.

• PyroS
                    PyroS commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ooo I like that set up, ty ty!! ^^

Originally posted by Axxon View Post

Not doing RDN HC is a reason since I couldn't afford the time to be in a raid team, even if I know it's better to simply go 3-L grade accessories + Tech Earrings. Mystical Theano ring is probably the best option in my case, I just need to compare with U-tech rings first (I could always use that fire%+crit until I get enough crit).

And I prefer to just go IDN-U+Int armor, Nightmare Weapons and U-Tech, it's easier for me with the little time I can invest per week. I can barely keep up on Coma shards, only 4/7 pieces done ;x L-grade is too much investment but I will surely go L-grade accessories with IDN. Kinda too late to gather 3 L-grade gems and 3 accessories XD
                  I hope you didn't start getting idnu already because only level 93 wise gems go from 3.20% to 4% int and 1322 to 1469 base int

Comment

• Fabulous
                    Fabulous commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Both level 90 and 93 gems get that increase. Only level 80 gems don't, from what I can see in the gearsim for the other regions.

• Lemon
                    Lemon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    i was lied toooo

• Axxon
                    Axxon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah that's why it's not worth touching 93 stuff if you're already deeply geared in 90s. Granome will probably be better but that's not coming until February, if not March. Until then, IDN-U 3rd Int is the way to go.

Is it just me or does the awakened seemed a bit bugged? Sometimes I use Ignite and Firewall and it doesn't charge the meter...

Comment

• Lumpialex
                    Lumpialex commented
                    Editing a comment

It's a 50% chance to gain Fever for enhanced skills, not guaranteed.

Oh wtf lmao RNG NEST

Comment

Has anyone managed to consistently get Fireball to hit twice?

Someone mentioned this to me and I decided to test this out. It's kind of hard to recreate. This was Flame Spark > Fireball EXi with Flame Spark tossed to the side.

Also someone said that "its some sorta lingering effect
                    so when a monster spawns
                    it'll get hit twice"

but Golem was already spawned for a good amount of time so idk. It seemed to be based on where you're aiming. I have a general idea of how this happens, but if anyone can manage to find a way to do this consistently, that'd be great for us.
                    Last edited by Lumpialex; 12-29-2016, 01:18 PM.
                    Discord: Lumpialex#1253

Comment

Working...
                    X