Sorceress Training Grounds!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorceress Training Grounds!

I was thinking we should make a thread where people who are well versed in their sorceress specialization can offer help to players new to the class. Leave an ign or discord name so people are able to contact you on another platform as well if you like. Also for sake of structure stick to just one spec per person? (':

So to start I'm Echelos (aka Echo), I've been playing Chaos Mage/Majesty since 3rd specs were released in 50 cap and am well versed in both the PvE and PvP aspects of the class. In that sense I can help with skill builds for either PvE or PvP and even hybrid if you don't want to invest in a dual scroll. I can show you the best PvE skill rotations and also start you off with basic PvP combos. As well as give you a run down of the many ways to build up your gear with different options for equipment and crests. Regardless of what kind of questions you have about Chaos Mage I am always happy to help and love making new friends! ♥

IGN: Echelos
    Discord: Echelos#0677

Hope everyone has fun playing DN and enjoys their sorceresses!
    Last edited by Echelos; 09-25-2016, 05:34 PM.
    http://image.prntscr.com/image/65551e74c5214239a9129ec76c6e2973.png

IGN: Fabulous
    Discord: Fabulous :stars: #3971
    Class: Pyromancer
    Areas: PvE and PvP (Mostly endless respawn)
    Last edited by Fabulous; 10-16-2016, 01:26 PM.
    Discord: Fabulous #3971
    You will need to join DN Class Discussion, NA, EU, or SEA Discord servers to find me because of the emoji in my tag.
    Class Updates Document
    Chaos Mage/Majesty In-Depth Guide
    YouTube Channel

Comment

Pretty much all the infos are in my signature, I plan to do a guide once 93 cap is out for Pyromancer. I played Pyro a bit in KDN but I want MY Pyromancer to test out stuff first

As long as it stands in PvE, I can answer all questions regarding Sorc and even help for those having questions about the new gameplay at 93 cap I can also help alot for Ice Witch and even a bit for mystics if you need
      Main : I'm back to Pyromancer LOL now, always open to help and all kind of stuff on DN, hit me up <3
      IGN :Tirlarna

Comment

I'm a war mage/ smasher that alternated between both mystic specs since 50 cap. My forte is smasher.
        Feel free to ask me anything about smasher. I prefer assisting with pve.

Discord: Snobu #7385
        Or feel free to pm me via forums
        Last edited by Snobu; 09-25-2016, 01:50 PM.
        Snobu - Smasher aka War Mage
        Nico - Destroyer

Someone will always ruin something for others...
        PVE War Mage Guide

Comment

IGN:Yurella,Crieddylad

I've been playing WM since late 50 cap and started to play CM in 70 cap, I'm mostly a PVER but I do Respawn with my WM, and occasionally with Pyro and IW.

Comment

I'll probably stop by every now and then up here to assist with w/e, probably bug-related stuff. Most Awakening builds look the similar at Lv93, because the Awakenings were meant to get rid of most if not all hybrid builds between respective branches. It's going to be difficult trying to hybridize a build between PvP and PvE at Lv93 for most classes. Even though I know IW/WM and CM, I'll probably only be dealing with PvP/Arena IW until Black Mara (N~Mara).

Might add IGNs later, idk.
            Last edited by Aquamarine; 09-29-2016, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Thank you everyone for commenting! If we all work together I think we can make a real difference helping all of the new sorceress players that will (hopefully) join us after transfer.
              Best of luck to everyone!

Comment

Anyone knows if Varav is planning to come back to NA or evn update her Ice Witch guide to lvl 93 ? Or if a Ice Witch is wanting to make a guide ? Ice Witch is not my main, but I could always ask my boyfriend since he mains Ice Witch and we could work on something together once I'm done for my Pyro's guide. I also know alot of Ice witch thanks to him (Edit : boyfriend) and even played it quite a bit I just don't want to steal Varav Ice Witch spotlight. Same for Sachimizora if she wants to update her guide :/
                Last edited by Axxon; 10-04-2016, 10:03 PM. Reason: Clarified weird sentences o.o''
                Main : I'm back to Pyromancer LOL now, always open to help and all kind of stuff on DN, hit me up <3
                IGN :Tirlarna

Comment

• vara
                  vara commented
                  Editing a comment
                  i can work on it when i get back home, however i have to start from scratch

• Axxon
                  Axxon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Not trying to force you or anything like that ! I just didn't know what happened to you since 90 cap 'Froze'' over *badum tss*. Since you're quite the reference for anything IW related (future stuff, number tests and such), it's kinda impossible to beat you I think

Hello~ I want some tips and tricks for a Chaos Mage/Majesty. I made the class since it looked REALLY cool, and now with the new awakenings, it looks even better! I'm looking at a hybrid build since I do think PVP is fun (I don't PVP often, hence the hybrid) and I still want to do some good damage in PVE. I'd appreciate any tips you veteran Chaos Mage/Majesty sorceresses have for me!

IGN: Tanaka-bun
                Main: Chaos Mage/Majesty
                Last edited by Tana-bun; 09-27-2016, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tana-bun View Post
                  Hello~ I want some tips and tricks for a Chaos Mage/Majesty. I made the class since it looked REALLY cool, and now with the new awakenings, it looks even better! I'm looking at a hybrid build since I do think PVP is fun (I don't PVP often, hence the hybrid) and I still want to do some good damage in PVE. I'd appreciate any tips you veteran Chaos Mage/Majesty sorceresses have for me!

IGN: Tanaka-bun
                  Main: Chaos Mage/Majesty
                  Any specific tips that you're looking for?
                  As for skill builds I'll have to experiment once I get to 93.
                  This was my pvp build for 90 cap though
                  https://dnmaze.com/majesty-90/-9---F...---0--00--00--
                  Feel free to ask any questions about it

To start off though, I highly recommend watching videos. These will help you get the 'feel' for the class and its combos.
                  These videos are from a lower level cap but it still shows the combos which are possible and how to play the class (the combos now are much easier to pull off and have more flexibility / room for mistakes) + I'd say he's pretty much the best CM out there.
                  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...tEzIDxpGYIEda3

Comment

Originally posted by Caramel View Post

Any specific tips that you're looking for?
                    As for skill builds I'll have to experiment once I get to 93.
                    This was my pvp build for 90 cap though
                    https://dnmaze.com/majesty-90/-9---F...---0--00--00--
                    Feel free to ask any questions about it

To start off though, I highly recommend watching videos. These will help you get the 'feel' for the class and its combos.
                    These videos are from a lower level cap but it still shows the combos which are possible and how to play the class (the combos now are much easier to pull off and have more flexibility / room for mistakes) + I'd say he's pretty much the best CM out there.
                    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...tEzIDxpGYIEda3
                    Some tips I'd like to learn about is what skills are the best, and how much SP I should put into those skills. Oh, and also, combos! Like trying to keep them down and stuff. I looked at the PVP build and noticed that I have some similar skills, except I also have Void Blast (I'm not lvl 90 yet, so I try to put my SP into skills so that I can get my Mystic skills >.<). Also, I have looked at some videos of PVP (mostly KDN), and I saw a CM who was exceptionally good, so I looked at what skills they used and tried to morph it into a build without exactly copying. I see some Chaos Mages/Majesty use the Glacial Spike skill to slow their enemy; is it really useful, or an added bonus to have? Last question for now - is Black Hole really not worth putting a ton of SP into? Most PVP builds I see only have 1 put in for that skill just to access the other skills.

Comment

Some tips I'd like to learn about is what skills are the best, and how much SP I should put into those skills. Oh, and also, combos! Like trying to keep them down and stuff. I looked at the PVP build and noticed that I have some similar skills, except I also have Void Blast (I'm not lvl 90 yet, so I try to put my SP into skills so that I can get my Mystic skills >.<). Also, I have looked at some videos of PVP (mostly KDN), and I saw a CM who was exceptionally good, so I looked at what skills they used and tried to morph it into a build without exactly copying. I see some Chaos Mages/Majesty use the Glacial Spike skill to slow their enemy; is it really useful, or an added bonus to have? Last question for now - is Black Hole really not worth putting a ton of SP into? Most PVP builds I see only have 1 put in for that skill just to access the other skills.
                      Do you have discord or any other chat program that we could message on? I'd love to help you create your own build and teach you the basics to PvP. Once servers are up tomorrow night most of us will be online and available for any questions.

Comment

Gave you a demo build so you have an idea on what skills to invest in. NTL and Linear ray are mainly preference for me.
                        Would also not recommend getting sorc void blast outside of pve since its fixed distance really limits its use, long casting time, low SA. Idk, I just don't think it's worth it.
                        Leveling up glacial spike does not increase the slow amount; keep it at level one. However, note that this skill is still very useful as filler (continuing combo, throwing out to zone, etc.).
                        Do not put extra points into black hole. It has a high cooldown and is too situational during actual fights.

(Also it's fine to copy someone else's build; not like there's going to be a truckload of variety between builds other than some preference stuff like whether you can afford tech rings or not)

Comment

Originally posted by Echelos View Post

Do you have discord or any other chat program that we could message on? I'd love to help you create your own build and teach you the basics to PvP. Once servers are up tomorrow night most of us will be online and available for any questions.
                          Yes, I do! Let me get my Discord name.

Discord: Eggbun (#5477)

Comment

Do any of the Pyro experts know stuff from the Build's to skill rotations for 93 cap to whether or not we get IDN L's due to something something or has knowledge of what gear/skill crests we get now?

Same​​​ questions regarding 93 IW.
                            Last edited by Lumpialex; 09-29-2016, 02:24 AM.
                            Discord: Lumpialex#1253

Comment

• vara
                              vara commented
                              Editing a comment
                              93 iw:
                              Max all the ice tree except glacial spike, glacial wave, icy gust.
                              get shield.
                              lv1 phoenix.
                              rest of the points = do w/e u want lul.

rotation is probably just
                              glacial field->frostchaos->phoenix->spam everything->throw in a tornado whenever possible

get idnLs if you can afford it.
                              crests are still the same, damage on everything.

• Axxon
                              Axxon commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Let me add a simple ''starting'' combo to abuse of Glacial Field

Icy Gust > Glacial Field (let it start 1 sec) > Ice Cold Field Instant

This cancels the Glacial field animation and you can start to cast spells earlier to do more dmg overrall. It's just very important to let it start before cancelling, you should get the timing soon enough.
                          Working...
                          X