• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meet your new president of the USA

IGN: LunarForce

lol what a fucking joke.

glad i dont live in america.

Comment

Democratic party was a train wreck and practically gave him the seat to the white house. Any democrat crying and throwing a hissy fit really doesn't have anyone else (besides voters) to blame but their own party for this election failure. The only people who voted for Hillary, at least imo, are people who hear leftist talking points about @DonaldTrump or people who just think republicans/conservatives are assholes and continuously vote democrat. DNC/Hillary crumbling on the inside from the scandal and all trump had to do was talk about how bad it was.

Comment

lf>MAGA hat event
        Physician is life, Elementalist is hometown.
        Syntonism/Synt/Reimyu

Comment

Originally posted by BigBeef
          Can't believe a fucking meme became president. This country just became a million times less safe for minorities and we're about to go back a billion years in human rights progress.
          True. He will likely get to nominate 2-3 Justices. So we can say bye to Roe v Wade, Obergefell v Hodges, and the Voting Rights Act among other things.

@ Genie. It's not fear mongering. He flat out says he will nominate activist judges.

Comment

If you just said that saying that we're going back a billion year in human rights and you don't believe that its fear mongering than you do not know what it means.
            "The President of the United States has awesome power, but the Constitution does not give the occupant of that office the authority to “eliminate” a law that has been passed by Congress, whatever the voters may think of that law. It is a fairly common rhetorical flourish for presidential candidates to say something like “when elected, I will repeal” a law. But they can’t."
            And also where is a link to where donald trump in the most clear and cut way said he would be interested in repealing the voting rights act.
            If you think he won because he's a racist who appealed to racists then you are ignorant.

Pretty sure the republican party has made it VERY clear on what they are trying to repeal <<<Obamacare>>>

Comment

Here's to strengthen what Genie said. He is for the Voters Rights Act, he wants everyone to vote.... just not illegal immigrants.

I'm not for Trump myself, but at least I educate myself on facts. Anyways, continue *sips coffee*
              Trump backs voter ID laws and stresses "security" over access to the ballot. The approach reflects a worldview that's often at odds with democratic values.

Comment

america is such a joke of a country.

rest of the world is literally laughing. this is gonna be basically on the same level as brexit for america.

"fear mongering" dont make me laugh. the only one that has promoted fear as well hatred is donald trump and he is now the president of the most powerful nation in the world.

this country gonna be deader than dragon nest pre transfer.
                2017 omega Cringe edition!!!

Comment

• Genie
                  Genie commented
                  Editing a comment
                  The world except Russia that is ready to restore relations between america and it. So by everyone i guess you mean the angry democrats

Originally posted by Genie View Post
                If you just said that saying that we're going back a billion year in human rights and you don't believe that its fear mongering than you do not know what it means.
                "The President of the United States has awesome power, but the Constitution does not give the occupant of that office the authority to “eliminate” a law that has been passed by Congress, whatever the voters may think of that law. It is a fairly common rhetorical flourish for presidential candidates to say something like “when elected, I will repeal” a law. But they can’t."
                And also where is a link to where donald trump in the most clear and cut way said he would be interested in repealing the voting rights act.
                If you think he won because he's a racist who appealed to racists then you are ignorant.

Pretty sure the republican party has made it VERY clear on what they are trying to repeal <<<Obamacare>>>
                Your post is trash. I guess you haven't been paying attention to how the VRA has been chipped away at over the years? This is more than just a Trump win. The GOP now controls EVERY branch of our government. It's not about Trump turning over laws - he doesn't necessarily have that absolute power (although he has a unique set of powers he can use unilaterally). But a Republican congress does. A right-leaning Supreme Court has the power to revisit those cases and overturn them. And Trump tapped into a very dark, resentful part of this country - and by that I mean rural white racists. Trump ran a platform of racial resentment, white nationalism, and [white] identity politics. He just masked that by way of populism. So many stupid people bought into his bullshit about free trade. He's not going to bring jobs back or cancel NAFTA - he's a businessman - that would hurt *his* pockets. And his pockets are the only think he cares about. It's not fear mongering. That just you wanting to obfuscate things.

And it's more than just an ACA repeal - which will hurt millions of poor and low income people. Paul Ryan is going to ram a GOP agenda through congress, and thanks to reconciliation, the Democrats can do NOTHING about it. What is the point of checks and balances when one party controls EVERYTHING?

Comment

Well... at least we have a hot first lady for once =/

Comment

Originally posted by MeestaAytch View Post
                    Here's to strengthen what Genie said. He is for the Voters Rights Act, he wants everyone to vote.... just not illegal immigrants.

I'm not for Trump myself, but at least I educate myself on facts. Anyways, continue *sips coffee*
                    That doesn't really strengthen anything anything. Trump is on record stating he's going to nominate activist Justices in the mold of Scalia. And how has the VRA been eroded over the years? Through the Supreme Court. You can see a glimpse of that future in what happened in North Carolina.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/07/ma...otherwise.html

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/09/op...the-court.html

On Tuesday, for the first time in more than 50 years, Americans went to the polls to elect a president without a fully functioning Voting Rights Act — thanks to an insidious decision by the Supreme Court in 2013.

Comment

I still don't see where anything that is going on with the VRA has any connection to trump and his views. You still haven't posted anything that reflects on trumps views against the VRA. You know all republicans don't think alike right?

"And Trump tapped into a very dark, resentful part of this country - and by that I mean rural white racists."
                      vvvvv
                      "If you think he won because he's a racist who appealed to racists then you are ignorant."

"Trump is on record stating he's going to nominate activist Justices in the mold of Scalia."
                      Nominating Judicial activists who you don't know, whose views you don't know, and whose interests you don't know but you're sure these views will somehow be used to erode down the VRA more. That's what you're saying right?

" It's not fear mongering. That just you wanting to obfuscate things."
                      Original comment that I was responding to
                      "This country just became a million times less safe for minorities and we're about to go back a billion years in human rights progress."
                      Fear mongering - "The action of deliberately arousing public fear or alarm about a particular issue."
                      Saying we're going back A BILLION YEARS in human rights is not exaggeration based on fear? ok

Comment

Originally posted by Genie View Post
                        I still don't see where anything that is going on with the VRA has any connection to trump and his views. You still haven't posted anything that reflects on trumps views against the VRA. You know all republicans don't think alike right?

"And Trump tapped into a very dark, resentful part of this country - and by that I mean rural white racists."
                        vvvvv
                        "If you think he won because he's a racist who appealed to racists then you are ignorant."

"Trump is on record stating he's going to nominate activist Justices in the mold of Scalia."
                        Nominating Judicial activists who you don't know, whose views you don't know, and whose interests you don't know but you're sure these views will be used to erode down the VRA more. That's what you're saying right?

" It's not fear mongering. That just you wanting to obfuscate things."
                        Original comment that I was responding to
                        "This country just became a million times less safe for minorities and we're about to go back a billion years in human rights progress."
                        Fear mongering - "The action of deliberately arousing public fear or alarm about a particular issue."
                        Saying we're going back A BILLION YEARS in human rights is not exaggeration based on fear? ok
                        1) The connection is with his Supreme Court nominations. I don't know why you ignore that fact. And the GOP is a united front against progress - just look at the States under GOP leadership. The further erosion of the VRA isn't going to come by Trump's hand, but by the emboldened GOP and whomever he nominates to the bench.

2) You didn't really post anything here either. Tell me why I'm wrong. If you're going to make an argument, back it up with something beyond just saying "your ignorant". There is absolutely no denying that Trump tapped into that racial resentment vein - it's one of the few things that can explain the wholesale rejection of progress. Most especially when the other side was offering solutions for fixing student loans, low cost college, fixing healthcare, raising the min wage, paid leave, etc., which wold have helped those working class whites. Do you seriously believe he's going to do anything about free trade when his businesses take great advantage of it? Do you believe those manufacturing jobs are going to come back on the eve of mass automation?

3) I guess you haven't been paying attention - did you miss the list of Heritage foundation approved Justices that Trump put out already? All you have to do is look up their ideologies. And the cases they've already presided over. It's like you don't understand the implications of Scalia-esque. Or don't want to.

4) It exaggeration on that posters part, but there is truth in his words.

Comment

Originally posted by Kablooey View Post

1) The connection is with his Supreme Court nominations. I don't know why you ignore that fact. And the GOP is a united front against progress - just look at the States under GOP leadership. The further erosion of the VRA isn't going to come by Trump's hand, but by the emboldened GOP and whomever he nominates to the bench.

2) You didn't really post anything here either. Tell me why I'm wrong. If you're going to make an argument, back it up with something beyond just saying "your ignorant". There is absolutely no denying that Trump tapped into that racial resentment vein - it's one of the few things that can explain the wholesale rejection of progress. Most especially when the other side was offering solutions for fixing student loans, low cost college, fixing healthcare, raising the min wage, paid leave, etc., which wold have helped those working class whites. Do you seriously believe he's going to do anything about free trade when his businesses take great advantage of it? Do you believe those manufacturing jobs are going to come back on the eve of mass automation?

3) I guess you haven't been paying attention - did you miss the list of Heritage foundation approved Justices that Trump put out already? All you have to do is look up their ideologies. And the cases they've already presided over. It's like you don't understand the implications of Scalia-esque. Or don't want to.

4) It exaggeration on that posters part, but there is truth in his words.
                          1) So it really doesn't have any connection to trumps views but more so the action of whoever he nominates which you can't say will or will not have a definite effect on the VRA. Glad we could finally reach that conclusion.
                          2) Was a previous comment I made before, which I wasn't sure you were directly responding to, so I found it funny how you immediately jumped to that conclusion after I had just assumed that this is where the whining was going. And I wasn't wrong. But sure, most people voting for trump were voting against clintion. Ofc progressives want to make it about racism, but in reality it was a multitude of DNC/Hillary scandals. If you say Trump won because of racism, or some form of it, then it makes it seem like you are ignoring a large part of corruption that went on in hillary clintons campaign that would push someone to vote for trump.
                          "Most especially when the other side was offering solutions for fixing student loans, low cost college, fixing healthcare, raising the min wage, paid leave, etc., which wold have helped those working class whites."
                          Which is the other side? I'm going to assume republican based on the conclusion of this sentence, but "low cost college/raising the min wage" sounds more llike a democratic plan.
                          3) I'm aware. I didn't say me, I said you.
                          4) Exaggeration based on fear is fear mongering. ~_~)

Comment

america bout to top this: http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/08/news...ion/index.html

Comment

Working...
                            X