Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rollback VS Ban

Originally posted by BowieSage View Post
    I also feel that a rollback would have been the lesser of two evils ("evils" since rollbacks AND bans are taken about as well as certain medications), but considering they decided on bans instead...well, we'd have to ask them why a rollback wasn't the more acceptable option.
    Rollback - Pros

Get's rid of all the gold abusers who found loopholes to keep their gold
    Gets rid of the mass amount of gold generated in the market
    Fixes the items people listed for low in comparison to what it shot up to post inflation
    Fixes all the advancements players were able to get with the gold
    Doesn't penalize players for their own mistake.

Rollback - Cons

ED has to actually look into things and issue refunds

Ban - Pros

ED can be Lazy

Ban - Cons

Actually fixes nothing, alot of players keep their gold and walk away happy and free
    Ban and enrage a large portion of the community
    Lose a large portion of the server
    Inflation
    People quitting
    Players who did it for memes and only ran 3 or 4 times like myself got banned
    Players who abused the market now have a huge gear advancement without trying

How is not being held accountable for your actions a pro?

Comment

i mean, banning players is not a logic way to solve this problem for sure. there are too many reasons for it. first, this abuse is an official mistake in the first place. some people didn't even know that it was an abused ( maybe it was a special event from GM to make a new economic system in DN). how about players who gain unfair advantages from this patch? is it fair to just let them go? and another 50% of innocent player got banned?
      please think.. roll back is the only fair way..

Comment

Don't you think that GMs would announce an event?

Comment

Rollback solves every issue caused by the developers. A ban does nothing. There is no lesson learned. I left my pouches unopened since I noticed the extra 'rarestone' item that was not mentioned in patch notes. Then I continued to farm BHT as one normally would and extracted my gems (with all pouches unopened). Then the devs think placing a ban on a player like myself for running normal content and not making any use of their bugged items, is the proper action to take? How idiotic.

It's simple. There are several players that have mailed such influxes of gold to different accounts and players who made money off the marketplace from such 'abused' gold and are left unscathed. No rollback means the millions of gold will still highly inflate items. Veteran players will likely quit and Eyedentity's core spenders of the game will be lost. These days many veteran players look for reasons to quit and having all of their weeks/months/years of progress mean nothing as casual players could catch up in PVE content within a few hours would be reason enough to leave a game where its developers could care less about its users. All because they chose to not rollback on the most fatal mistake of DN North America's history.

Not to mention that total legitimate gold before this patch was performed was wiped when there is absolutely no reason to. [GM] DENTITY Dean Nest Want to look for the proper people to ban? Ban the devs for making the mistake in the first place.
          Discord: Korp#8417

Comment

• Zengeroff
            Zengeroff commented
            Editing a comment
            To the contrary, a ban solves the playerbase thinking they can get away with anything they choose.

• Korp
            Korp commented
            Editing a comment
            There's nothing to get away from in this case. Keeping this influx of gold hurts everyone. Basic economics for inflation.
            Also content was run regularly. Players ran the nest normally before even noticing the change in items, and banning those players that just wanted some fury's or crafting materials is solving something? Hilarious

Originally posted by Korp View Post
          Rollback solves every issue caused by the developers. A ban does nothing. There is no lesson learned. I left my pouches unopened since I noticed the extra 'rarestone' item that was not mentioned in patch notes. Then I continued to farm BHT as one normally would and extracted my gems (with all pouches unopened). Then the devs think placing a ban on a player like myself for running normal content and not making any use of their bugged items, is the proper action to take? How idiotic.

It's simple. There are several players that have mailed such influxes of gold to different accounts and players who made money off the marketplace from such 'abused' gold and are left unscathed. No rollback means the millions of gold will still highly inflate items. Veteran players will likely quit and Eyedentity's core spenders of the game will be lost. These days many veteran players look for reasons to quit and having all of their weeks/months/years of progress mean nothing as casual players could catch up in PVE content within a few hours would be reason enough to leave a game where its developers could care less about its users. All because they chose to not rollback on the most fatal mistake of DN North America's history.

Not to mention that total legitimate gold before this patch was performed was wiped when there is absolutely no reason to. [GM] DENTITY Dean Nest Want to look for the proper people to ban? Ban the devs for making the mistake in the first place.
          +1 Korp
          ty for the new sig

Comment

• Korp
            Korp commented
            Editing a comment
            LMAO YEET
            I'm honored

I honestly believed they were just going to do a rollback (as ED messed up) and I think many believed that. Remember when we got the 90 eggs from LC? We all opened them - just for fun - because we knew there would be a rollback. I do not for the life of me understand why they banned so many of the people who really play - even if only temporary. These are top players who keep this game alive. And no, of course I am not banned but Tsu got banned along with many others who still live in the game :'( 1/2 of the real player base is banned for 7 days O.o Meanwhile, people who didn't do anything yesterday just got an insane amount of stuff we didn't earn today - at the expense of those who were having fun. I totally disagree with this nonsense Just my two cents...
          DoctorRogue #9233
          DaMuffins ~ Muffins ~ Unstable
          Spreading Love One PVP Day At A Time

Comment

Porque los dos?

Then people who exploited the bug get punished, including not having the gold they obtained through exploitation, but the game isnt ruined for the the rest of us
            Last edited by Dreadwoe; 01-12-2018, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Haven't played this game in ages because I knew this game was dying due to a large number of factors - with EyeDentity being one of them. I don't care if I get banned for this post because I don't even play anymore. First they were taking copyrighted images of movies for their events, then their GMs were acting weird and global chatting weird bed time stories at night, then the obvious cash grab from all these pay to play items. Came back to hear about this from someone else. This was EyeDentity's mistake. If I handled the situation, I would have done a rollback, refunded DNP for any bought during that time frame and offered everyone compensation gifts. Instead, they BAN everyone and leave the game as is??! wtf???

Rolling back a database is not a difficult thing to do. I work as a database developer and I do this stuff all the time - it's standard practice to backup databases before upgrades. All they need to do is put in a little bit of effort to correct an issue THEY created. It just shows how lazy/inept this company is.

Comment

Working...
              X