Idea: Have forum accounts be linked to game accounts w/ requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea: Have forum accounts be linked to game accounts w/ requirements

*Aware that I should be posting this in the suggestions area of forums but doubt that there will be any visibility. Plus Yaya/Visage seems to participate in general discussion more than anywhere else.

Forum accounts should have a link to in-game accounts or just have the direct "one account for all" situation i.e. your ign/server log-in is the log-in for forums. And to prevent people from creating mass empty/level 1 accounts the accounts must have at least 1 or 2 max characters that way if spammers want to create spam accounts they're going to have to spend a good amount of time/money/whatever.

This may or may not work but hopefully it should reduce the number of spam/bot accounts being created since it'll require more verification/more effort to create forum accounts

In order to allow players to have different usernames/display names for their forum account/ign account, there should be an option to change your "handle" or whatever term people use for their names.

how are potential new players going to post

Comment

I forget if forums accept 10 minute mail providers, but if they do, they should stop that. Limit to basically the big name service providers. gmail is available basically everywhere but China.
      Dragoon
      TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

Originally posted by Lemon View Post
        how are potential new players going to post
        Yeah, this is the only major problem with OP's idea.

A good number of potentially new players come to the forums when their installations have issues or can't connect to the game normally.

The 1:1 ticket service -should- be a viable counter to this scenario, but as we know, the service is lacking in reliability and speedy delivery (if delivery ever comes).

The only other scenario I can think of, is to restrict where new, unlinked accounts can post, but that could be equally problematic. Bots can post in the same area and potentially new players will get lost/forgotten in the spam.
        ~ Check this out if you're having problems installing Dragon Nest ~

~ Check out this or this if you can't hit or loot anything in-game ~

Orona -- Ice Witch

Comment

Working...
        X