How to learn the game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to learn the game?

I created my chronicle character, got to level 80, and the first dungeon you enter is the Badlands. Because I've never had a character over level 24 before, I had to try and push myself through the dungeon and ended up using all 5 of my Life Stones in the process, as expected because I don't know how to play my new class. Now I have no Life Stones and I can't get through the second dungeon without dying to the first pack of enemies.

I'm not here to complain about the difficulty, I just want to know how I'm supposed to get better. Are there any up to date guides out there?

It would be nice if u state your class.
    BokWaLa - The Fallen Crusader

Comment

you should try creating a new character and leveling that up. youll learn much better that way instead of getting thrown into the game almost near level cap. Then, once youve learned the game and learned one character and youre still interested in playing another one, you can try out the chronicle character again.

Comment

• BasementDweller
        BasementDweller commented
        Editing a comment
        Surprised that OP could create chronicle without max level character :/

I'm playing Gladiator.

The reason I made a max level character is because I'm tired of levelling. I've levelled up in so many MMOs that I just wanna get to the max level as fast as possible. Screw the "journey".

Comment

If it helps, leveling in Dragon Nest has been made a LOT easier than it used to be. Even if you hate the "journey," that's pretty much the only way you're gonna be able to learn how to properly play the game. This applies tomost, if not all classes.

Also, the story of Dragon Nest is actually sooooooo good. I almost always replay at least parts of it when leveling my new characters, and I've made quite a few. If you reeeally don't want to create a new character, then you should go to some lower leveled dungeons (try the east portal in Saint's Haven, it leads to Arendel, where you'll find dungeons for levels 60-70 and 70-80).

Dungeons get a bit more difficult to clear at lvl 80 and up; It's not enough to warrant any worry to experienced players, but a first timer using a chronicle would definitely struggle. Good luck! O:

Comment

Before you enjoy your cronicle character, I suggest you to create and play a normal character. Chronicle character cannot give you deepest part of the game. You can learn DN by grwoing normal character

Comment

• windhelmguard1
            windhelmguard1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Dean is right. Even the GM agrees

Originally posted by Nahsorry View Post
          I'm playing Gladiator.

The reason I made a max level character is because I'm tired of levelling. I've levelled up in so many MMOs that I just wanna get to the max level as fast as possible. Screw the "journey".
          Eh.. I don't know anything about playing a glad, but I've played dragoon, which is also a melee class.

Best advice I can give you if you're absolutely new is:

~Make sure to follow a skill build guide for glads (leveling the right skills in ANY class is highly important to how much damage you can do to mobs)

~Try to do everything in your power to fight small groups of enemies at a time. Sometimes this will mean running around and making mobs chase you to separate themselves so you can get to a smaller set of mobs, kill them off, and whittle the group of enemies down that way. This is a survival concept, not an efficient dungeon-clearing concept.

After that, it's just a matter of knowing the limits of what you can and can't do. This comes with time. The "time" is normally gained by leveling the old fashioned way, but since you used the chronicle system to bypass that, now you have to put in the time when the game is punishing you harder. It's just kind of how the game goes, sorry.

If the game is giving you that much of a hard time, you can try looking for other people to party with. Leveling parties for the 80-93 grind seem somewhat common, so maybe you can use that to give yourself some "training wheels" while you learn your character.

EDIT: I forgot to mention - Not sure if you've been attempting "Normal" or "Master" difficulty in the dungeons, but just do Normal. When you feel Normal is too easy, bump it up. The difference in xp gained between Normal and Master isn't some insane difference, so you're still leveling at a decent pace at Normal difficulty. Difference in loot isn't that big of a deal either.
          Last edited by Orona; 01-25-2017, 12:56 PM.
          ~ Check this out if you're having problems installing Dragon Nest ~

~ Check out this or this if you can't hit or loot anything in-game ~

Orona -- Ice Witch

Comment

Working...
          X