No announcement yet.

What if? DN SEA Merger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait ED said they didn't want to add hair or eye dyes in the cash shop? When was this and who said?

Comment

Originally posted by WhaleThen View Post
      Wait ED said they didn't want to add hair or eye dyes in the cash shop? When was this and who said?
      Don't quote my exact words on this... but, a few years back when Saygo and TinkOrDie from Nexon started streaming dragon nest for us, when they were playing in-game, you know sometimes they would play with us in NA while livestreaming, sometimes they would show us new content on their own test server in their office, etc, I remember this one was a Q&A through stream chat as they were playing in our NA server, some of us asked on the live stream chat if they received any response from the higher ups if we can have server storagable items at the time (that was another issue, along with a one piece costume that was released for classes that was able to be sold on Market then disabled like a week later or so) and to be able to buy the hair/eye lens's that NA does not have the colors, or the possibility to purchase, and they said on the live stream that Eyedentity told them that they will not offer them in NA, and does not plan to in the near future.

They said this with the webcam while live streaming playing DN, I don't know if people still play that used to watch the livestreams, or if they know what exact stream video it is if it's still up, if you players are still out there you will also remember they also used to give out eggs/mounts on the live stream to lucky people

(the reason we asked about hair dyes/contacts is because at the time there was a lot of petitions going on begging Nexon to let us buy all of the hair dyes and all of the eye contact lens colors on F11 market because all the others servers have it except us and that it's unfair, I remember even SachiMizora ;D wanted it for a long time, but then gave up just like the rest of us, which many since then quit by the way.)

Excuse my messy paragraphs, I was editing it back and forth as I was remembering things around that time period lol
      Last edited by Shihomi; 04-28-2017, 08:52 PM.

Comment

I DON'T want to merge, but I DON'T see a bright future either.
        Dragoon
        TypeNull - Bleed Phantom

Comment

Originally posted by aaron View Post
          I DON'T want to merge, but I DON'T see a bright future either.
          aaron I understand how you feel because I would like an NA version that is properly handled as well and competant, though the way I see it, it would be much more beneficial to all of us to be able to do everything we've ever wanted.

Tradable everything, list items on marketplace to sell for either DNP or Gold, etc, all hair dyes/lens's available in f11, much better gacha boxes and events.

For anyone wondering, they've always had better events than us, currently their event is 100% rebate on all DNP, so the first 5 items you buy in the F11 shop, you get 100% of the money back with DNP

A week ago they had an event where if you use magnifying glasses at the end of dungeons/nests, you can get a permanent Pegasus Mount, Clear Sky's Black Armor Wings, and other things.

When has NA ever had events in any way similar to that? It's been like that for years on SEA too
          Oh and a few years ago in CDN you could buy Jellies from Pania if you had x amounts of something, I believe something similar to using laments, haven't checked recently if it's still the same.

Comment

• MechaMuffin
            MechaMuffin commented
            Editing a comment
            Just to add to the information regarding the jellies ^-^)7 :
            If CDN's similar enough to TDN, I think you're talking about GM. X Tokens. You can get them at the end of the Attendence calendar. Basically, where DN NA has a Dragon Egg at the end of attendence, they have 5 tokens.
            You can use the tokens to buy stuff like hats, mounts, and pets. But I usually spend 47 tokens for 250 jellies.

It beats Dragon Eggs' RNG. ;/

• Shihomi
            Shihomi commented
            Editing a comment
            MechaMuffin Yes! That's how it is, Thank you for clarifying and adding to it, I knew it was either some kind of lament, coin, something you can buy them with. Yes it does beat the awful dragon eggs at the end of the month.

Honestly, I think merging with sea might help us in a lot of things that we're currently lacking for example (updates), if you check out their page u can see they already have things like Assassin awak and cool events that ARENT 100% RELATED TO BUYING FROM CASH SHOP but then again these are all issues that can be resolved without merging with SEA if EYE just got their sh*t together then we could honestly get better without having to merge which is why I have mixed feelings about this merge Shihomi
          DeathlyShade 95 Raven
          MisticKiller
          95 DarkAvenger
          GodTheTeen
          95 Guardian
          ShadeOfAbyss 95 AbyssWalker
          ????????? 95 BleedPhantom
          Your Favorite God Of Death

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfDeath View Post
            Honestly, I think merging with sea might help us in a lot of things that we're currently lacking for example (updates), if you check out their page u can see they already have things like Assassin awak and cool events that ARENT 100% RELATED TO BUYING FROM CASH SHOP but then again these are all issues that can be resolved without merging with SEA if EYE just got their sh*t together then we could honestly get better without having to merge which is why I have mixed feelings about this merge Shihomi
            Thank you GodOfDeath , I feel the same way with just less hope for NA, the same things have gone on for too long, when I say too long, years, we've seen some of the same even at Nexon. NA was always treated unfairly compared to the other servers, though as you said, if they get their shi*t together, then I believe things still have time to change in NA, though personally I would prefer a merge of course for things to be more, guaranteed, such as the marketplace, everything tradable, you know

I just hope the GM's read our comments about how we feel about the game and take our feelings about the current state of DN NA into consideration and communicate with us more, and ask us more!

There is still time for things to change

Comment

• GodOfDeath
              GodOfDeath commented
              Editing a comment
              Yea a merge would be great since we'd basically be guaranteed all the things you listed above, and although I'm pretty sure GM's read this though they'll probably ignore us since it has nothing to do with them making more money

• Joni
              Joni commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah events that aren't buying/exp events. Those are so tacky and buying events don't encourage you to play the game. Look at EU's events. Their recent event goal is to kill certain bosses 5 times and you get good items as a reward. Us? $400 for 1 conversion costume is over the top..

Do it.. Put us out of our misery.. ED is completely ignoring DN and its gotten 10x worse than Nexon ever treated us..

Comment

Honestly at this point, ED should just give us to another server so both servers can have at least a better player base. Numbers for NA keep declining even more every month.
              IGN: Skroler
              Server: NA
              Discord: Joni #4220

Comment

From a PvP perspective let me just say there isn't much of a reason for a server switch to sea IMO, and honestly a server switch in general doesn't seem like a good idea.

Everyone pulls out these steam statistics every time, but for me I had it initially, tried it out with steam , then I just downloaded its own version again. Steam uses processing power, and DN isn't an optimized game. I want the least amount of lag possible, and Steam simply doesn't offer me that. Spikes felt more common when running it alongside steam with its various overlay features. I can nonironically name like 20 people off my friend list that I talked into playing during highschool and we never quit for the PvP, and we don't use the bloody steam version pretty much because of DN's notorious poor optimization. I can't help but feel that the steam statistics don't actually show an accurate number, I guess it might show like the amount of (pardon my french) newgens, but a lot of veterans I know still play outside of the steam version, although mostly just for the PvP.

A switch in servers wouldn't fix our hardpressed PvE issues, as those issues are all at a root problem with the Korean Development team themselves. A lot of our content is rehashed rehashes, and moving a server to a laggier location will hardly fix that, and would probably only make the general experience worse. Yea SEA has different events, but the team here actually listens to us and responds to us fairly often. I recall having a bugged spirit and withing 45 minutes a GM asked me for my IGN and gave me thingies to make up for it. Woo lad. Plus consider that with SEA, east coasted can expect a significant MS spike as SEA is for South East Asia, and my experience there was absolutely unplayable. If you think the population is dying try cutting off an entire coastline of the server's originating country, and then consider the fact that the game might actually be dying.

PvP with this team is interesting too. Hell, I just recently did a few rounds with GM Ignacio in PvP. Did you guys know the GMs sometimes dive into PvP at random? They do that. They're people that are interested in the game. (admittedly he comes off as extremely new, but still.)

Compare that to the Nexon GMs, who (in my experience) were just kind of jerks to you in a teamspeak unless you were like a 13 year old with a cute voice, which was just REALLY CREEPY at the time, and is STILL creepy now looking back. The only good experience I can name with Nexon wasn't with the GMs but probably with that one cleric community manager or whatever. Atalias or something.

A lot of the lag is significantly more bearable, as well. Much more noticeable in PvP, before with Nexon I had 90 ms but played like I was on a space station on mars and it was awful. With ED, I have 130-140 ms but I actually play with that amount of ms. Combos and gameplay is consistent and I can properly read movement options. The experience has generally been an upward one for me (admitting that I don't PvE very much as I already was aware of the lack of content) in terms of gameplay fluidity, which is really what this game is all about to me.

On a final note, general discussion is all a circle jerk. There are tons of people complaining people are quitting while also advocating people quit to make the NA server acknowledge our populace quitting so they do something to keep us from quitting while users advocate quitting. This is the most absurd arse backwards thing I've seen this community pull up, and this community has had its high moments with stupid drama about "wow people are quitting". Everyone keeps blaming the devs for making people quit but someone I recently talked into trying the game almost quit because the general discussion is just a bunch of people complaining about "muh devs" and stuff.

I feel like I've said this before, but if this game dies, then it dies, I lose a fun PvP experience. If it doesn't, it doesn't, and I enjoy it for longer and potentially throw more money toward a stylish outfit.

Adding onto that notion, moving to SEA would essentially be the same as this game dying to me. Rending a fun game unplayable wouldn't really make it qualify as a fun game anymore, would it?

Comment

Anime Garbage pretty much said some of what I would say, but to give my own view.

I voted, but only <=5% of that is based on hope, and 10% of that is where my expectations are (so you can guess that my expectations about the future in general aren't very high). The other >=95% is based on realistic understandings. I mean, come on. We ALREADY had ONE move from one group to another.

GUESS HOW WELL THAT WENT!

Same thing's going to happen if we merge with SEA. Ignoring the potential increase in lag/etc for the eastern half of North America (rip Eastern/Central Time Zone players if a merge with SEA occurs and lag increases to unbearable levels), it won't take long for people to figure out that once again, outside of being managed by someone else, absolutely NOTHING will have changed. Even if we were to be hosted directly under CherryCredits (rather than them just handling our tickets), updates and such would STILL be in Eyedentity's court, and we'd STILL be dealing with some of the changes and such the NA community finds questionable. And I know our current GM aren't the most reliable bunch out there, but if I read Anime's comment right, we'd be lucky to hear ANYTHING from SEA's GM outside of the standard announcements.

To say the least, we'd repeat what happened last time: transfer/merge happens, population booms for a time, and then the population declines just as quickly again after people realize "different host, same root issues". Only difference? Judging by this community's toxicity, I wouldn't be surprised if the "quitters" tried to make the SEA audience quit as well, just so that the NA version doesn't die alone before the others.

And while Anime downloaded the Steam version and ultimately gave it up, I didn't bother downloading it in the first place. I ALREADY had the game on my laptop. Why would I bother downloading the game AGAIN just for Steam overlay? Don't know if there's a "Login With Steam" option, but I still wouldn't bother, because there's literally no good reason for me to download a different version of the game for one or two shiny niche when the launcher I have works just fine. So, yeah, the Steam players' precious STEAM CHARTS' non-Epic-level scrying can't track ME (and a few hundred+ others).

Comment

Anime Garbage , BowieSage ,

Thanks for your feedbacks, though as I said before, our servers are not hosted by ED, but by a hosting company (as ED is based in Korea, there would be no way for us to have a US server without it being hosted by another hosting company so the latency issue would be easily fixed if they would want to)

If we were ever to merge (for you east coasters, even us west coasters) regarding the latency issue, they could just add another server name like (Rajuul) to the list on SEA for example with it being geolocated in let's say central USA so that it's the same for west/east coasters.

Anime, I will also add that your point of view seems more PvP based which is great that the GM's come into the games and play with players, that's actually a very good thing, but for us PvE players most of us don't feel the same in that regard.
                    I would also have to disagree with the GM's listening to us though, as of lately it hasn't been like that, we've asked for many things to be changed, including things like wanting a drop event, nothing has happened, only an exp and more golden eggs to be purchased twice in a row. I mean even the forums aren't getting fixed, before new posts on thread would make the threads jump up again so that people can view the threads, now they just vanish after 2 days. it's been about 2 weeks and we still have not heard any feedback from the GM's, they absolutely vanished for some reason lately..

I also agree with both of you about how retarded the toxicity in the NA community is with how they would probably try to make SEA players quit as well, but there will be trolls regardless and a lot of us are really concerned about the huge issues in NA right now more of PvE, cash shop, market, etc that they have clearly stated they refuse to implement in NA, we are the only server to lack many major things.

As I've pointed out before how I personally feel, I feel that ED is too busy with KDN to care about us (not to mention again they don't want to implement everything as other servers have) but Cherry is handling our tickets in their spare time if they have any, when we don't even have anything to do with their server so they could really care less about us so most of are tickets are unanswered for months.

Lots of issues that have to be fixed, hopefully though because on most of them ED could care less, but thank you both again for your feedback it really helps to show what all of us feel and hopefully the GM's will read our posts and listen to our feedback and points of view!
                    Last edited by Shihomi; 05-01-2017, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Consider this.. DN Europe got merged into SEA but kept its own separate server but now had Cherrycredits maintaining it AND got updates same time as SEA (a merged version with few minor tweaks). Same thing happened with DN 'Vietnam' which is also a part of SEA.

They could easily accommodate NA regions by pushing us fully over to CC, reverting numerous functions/features to fit SEA style (complete switch to SEA translations/voice/etc) and opening up the same NA DN payment methods.

Why do this? ED has wasted enough time/money on NA and gotten no-where. They already explicitly rely on Cherrycredits for support since they never even put in any real capital for actual English team members of their own. If you take a chapter from DFO Global, they created their own entirely new Global English branch for the company and it has done wonders. Sadly, ED felt it would be just as easy to shadow the NA DN server with minor Cherrycredits support and nothing beyond that. Notice how ED never responds to ANY of this. ED is not involved; they are just keeping the servers online and that's it. The rest is already under minor Cherrycredits control and CC has already gotten what they wanted.

Ever since NA DN switched to Eyedentity, look how much SEA has developed itself ahead of us. Instead of having to keep up around same content as NA, they are miles ahead and are pretty much up to par with Korea and China.

Comment

Shihomi Yeah, I kinda noticed myself that the forums are kinda messed up right now. Might get fixed soon, might not. And on the topic of toxicity, it's not the trolls that I'm concerned about...

Vinn101 While that <=5% of me that's hopeful would like to agree with your thought that everything would come up better than ever if we were hosted directly under Cherrycredits, the remaining 95% also considered the decision for my vote from an economical and financial standpoint. Given the fact that, even before the transfer from Nexon to ED, servers that started AFTER DN NA caught up and passed it (with SEA's growth rate being unsurprising due to that server being much closer to KDN), one wouldn't be foolish to make the guess that, out of all of the versions of DN that Eyedentity released, DN NA has been the version with the LEAST revenue. Possibly just enough to currently keep the server running and maintain the minimum for content updates, with ED managing the NA version and Cherrycredits simply dealing with tickets. If DN NA were to be managed under CC, they'd have to pay the costs of three (if not more) major servers, with one of those servers most likely having to piggyback off of the other two. It would most certainly result in loss of total revenue for CC unless more NA players spent more money, and I assure you that no company would enjoy having something that would impact their business negatively forced onto them. I wouldn't even be surprised if CC was the FIRST option ED considered for a new host for the NA version, but had turned down that offer due to NA's declining revenue.

Honestly, at this point, there's only two possibilities for DN NA: either a) the community sucks it up and spends enough money that we can actually afford to have some of the things that are requested or have ED get a new publisher (rather than just a simple hosting company) for another year or two (not likely to happen, due to the previously-mentioned toxicity, and the sense of entitlement that seems to come with it every event demanding for cash advantages without using actual cash), or b) Eyedentity finally pulls the plug for good (with the transfer from Nexon to ED simply being a move to remove any costs pertaining to having a publisher so as to minimize personal costs and delay the inevitable as long as possible). The latter is most likely the inevitable one, depending on how long the community can afford to keep the server online (note I said community and not publisher, since we no longer have that safety net).
                        Last edited by BowieSage; 05-01-2017, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X