No announcement yet.

Resetting the PvP ranks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know you Barbarian nor do I have any intention of starting drama. I have played this game for a very long time. When i discovered the game, It was the pvp that drew me in. Sure, the pve has some nice aspects but I would not know since i do 0 pve. Dragon nest has an amazing unique pvp style that just keeps me coming back for more. I literally can't escape the pull no matter what i do. Back in early august when I thought DNest had permanently closed in NA, my heart was broken. I was like "What do i do now when i have free time?" I know that may sound like i have no life but that is just how i enjoy any free time i have.

People who know me, know me as someone who starts no drama and fights(I hope at least. I don't like to have enemies. I only do two things when I log in to dragon nest. 1. Combo practice to warm up. 2. Do 4v4s and 1v1s all day long. I do respawn once in a while but it's too laggy. I am a righteous pvper in this game. I don't want to sound sensitive and I may have actually read your screenshot wrong but i feel rather insulted that you (may or may not) If not, i take back what i just said. You Insinuated I got my rank from chill rooming or w/e. I do chillroom sometimes when I am frustrated and need a break from some pvp.
    My rank was achieved through years of hard effort and pvping non-stop everyday. I don't want you to think i'm being cocky but that is my firm belief. Ask anyone who pvps alot. My brother (Remonade) and I (MemoryCore) Have stayed here through thick and thin.

Please do not make post like these unless you have done all of your research and you have hard facts. Opinions are nice, but not enough when you want to vouch for a big change. Again, I may have read your post wrong and if so i do indeed apologize mate. If not, sure, my KD sucks. However, I can and will keep improving my efforts. Once again, I am not being sensitive and don't need someone quoting me to start some forum war because I am not into all that rubbish. I am simply saying, i got my rank on my own without some arbitrary silly means. I lose countless times everyday and I am not ashamed of it. It makes every single win worth it. I keep trying everyday. I make sure to practice everyday. If you do not have your facts straight, do not make such post mate.
    Last edited by MemoryCore; 10-11-2016, 07:27 AM.

Comment

^I can co-sign. Mem is a long time pvper.

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryCore View Post
        I don't know you Barbarian nor do I have any intention of starting drama. I have played this game for a very long time. When i discovered the game, It was the pvp that drew me in. Sure, the pve has some nice aspects but I would not know since i do 0 pve. Dragon nest has an amazing unique pvp style that just keeps me coming back for more. I literally can't escape the pull no matter what i do. Back in early august when I thought DNest had permanently closed in NA, my heart was broken. I was like "What do i do now when i have free time?" I know that may sound like i have no life but that is just how i enjoy any free time i have.

People who know me, know me as someone who starts no drama and fights(I hope at least. I don't like to have enemies. I only do two things when I log in to dragon nest. 1. Combo practice to warm up. 2. Do 4v4s and 1v1s all day long. I do respawn once in a while but it's too laggy. I am a righteous pvper in this game. I don't want to sound sensitive and I may have actually read your screenshot wrong but i feel rather insulted that you (may or may not) If not, i take back what i just said. You Insinuated I got my rank from chill rooming or w/e. I do chillroom sometimes when I am frustrated and need a break from some pvp.
        My rank was achieved through years of hard effort and pvping non-stop everyday. I don't want you to think i'm being cocky but that is my firm belief. Ask anyone who pvps alot. My brother (Remonade) and I (MemoryCore) Have stayed here through thick and thin.

Please do not make post like these unless you have done all of your research and you have hard facts. Opinions are nice, but not enough when you want to vouch for a big change. Again, I may have read your post wrong and if so i do indeed apologize mate. If not, sure, my KD sucks. However, I can and will keep improving my efforts. Once again, I am not being sensitive and don't need someone quoting me to start some forum war because I am not into all that rubbish. I am simply saying, i got my rank on my own without some arbitrary silly means. I lose countless times everyday and I am not ashamed of it. It makes every single win worth it. I keep trying everyday. I make sure to practice everyday. If you do not have your facts straight, do not make such post mate.
        I'll just clear a few things up

1) I do not hold any animosity or hatred or anything of that kind to anyone on that list, yourself or otherwise. I've had my experiences and encounters with the fair majority on this list and I know who does what, I remember PvPing you back when you were on bronze rank and putting in the effort. But at the same time.

2) I don't wish to start any drama, the purpose of this list and post was to start the discussion and get the thought of whether we should or shouldn't have PvP ranks reset into everyone's mind.

3) Being a "Long time pvper" sorta backs up my point that the ranking system in the game now has become a glorified playtime clock... PvPing for a long time shouldn't validate a rank, being skilled should validate the rank.

4) Taking (#2) into account, this list is based off my personal experience with a lot of the people on this list, where i met them in game or where i saw them a lot of the time (i.e. in chill rooms, abusing respawn etc etc), combined with kill score compared to the rank and Arena EXP. Taking all these into account, i made this list. If you think you have been falsely placed on this then i will gladly remove you in any future list I may or may not make in this endeavour.

But rather than that, as the original intent of this post, Do you think Arena ranks need to be reset?
        Learn to combo, not just spam whirlwind like the shame of the class you are.

Comment

I've played with MemoryCore, Zyous, StarArch, xNobby, and KnightOfZ, Knight use to play protect and died a lot, cause he rushed the moment we spawned. The amount of deaths he has it's obvious he didn't use chill rooms. Same goes for MemoryCore, he was also frequent in Protect. There's a lot of people on your list that PvP'd a lot.

Who the fuck cares if they are inactive? They may come back, you're active, go surpass them then, they did while they were active. You've had all this time while they were inactive to do so. They got the rank that they worked for. If you think you deserve a higher rank work for it.

I personally don't care if the ranks reset but your logic of them inactive being the reason is stupid. Chill rooms I understand. Also a lot of deaths =/= chill rooms, in fact states the opposite.
          Last edited by ‬‬‬; 10-11-2016, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ‬‬‬ View Post
            I've played with MemoryCore, Zyous, StarArch, xNobby, and KnightOfZ, Knight use to play protect and died a lot, cause he rushed the moment we spawned. The amount of deaths he has it's obvious he didn't use chill rooms. Same goes for MemoryCore, he was also frequent in Protect. There's a lot of people on your list that PvP'd a lot.

Who the fuck cares if they are inactive? They may come back, you're active, go surpass them then, they did while they were active. You've had all this time while they were inactive to do so. They got the rank that they worked for. If you think you deserve a higher rank work for it.

I personally don't care if the ranks reset but your logic of them inactive being the reason is stupid. Chill rooms I understand. Also a lot of deaths =/= chill rooms, in fact states the opposite.
            I never said that "Deaths = Chill roomer" or anything of that kind, if you read the post directly above yours, I actually stated the process i go through to say whether or not someone deserves said rank imo. And the fact that you're coming in here acting like that means you've 100% missed the point of the thread, please read through the other posts on here before trying to attack me saying it's just because they're inactive. As much as that's a solid point i'll drive home for some of the people on that list, a lot of them aren't inactive, just undeserving of their rank.

But as I've stated previously, this thread is to open the topic and create a discussion about it, the list was simply an example. There are plenty of reasons that a rank reset would be GOOD, and plenty of reasons why a rank reset would be bad. Let's open the discussion and progress from there, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Barbarian View Post

I never said that "Deaths = Chill roomer" or anything of that kind, if you read the post directly above yours, I actually stated the process i go through to say whether or not someone deserves said rank imo. And the fact that you're coming in here acting like that means you've 100% missed the point of the thread, please read through the other posts on here before trying to attack me saying it's just because they're inactive. As much as that's a solid point i'll drive home for some of the people on that list, a lot of them aren't inactive, just undeserving of their rank.

But as I've stated previously, this thread is to open the topic and create a discussion about it, the list was simply an example. There are plenty of reasons that a rank reset would be GOOD, and plenty of reasons why a rank reset would be bad. Let's open the discussion and progress from there, okay?
              I did read your posts and you imply both, perhaps you should reevaluate your own posts? You still have a lot of unnecessary names on that list. You have a bunch of people on there 90+ that have a k/d that does imply they are active in PvP rooms, I don't see why they are undeserving of their rank. The rank is just the hours you input regardless, so they in fact do deserve their ranks, who the hell cares unless you're aiming for blessing stone. It doesn't determine your skill or anything so why does it matter? You want it reset just because of 2 players who exploit/chill per page.

It would be better if they just introduced a whole new ranking system, which is the only time it reset before. Either way, if you're good, people will notice regardless of rank. Right now you're just complaining about a cosmetic that determines how much of a life someone doesn't have, pretty much anyone that PvPed/PvPs hours a day deserve it. Having a high rank won't make you special. Look at Eiyra, even when he was brown at late 40/ early 50 everyone knew who he was for his skill.

You're also putting names that play an objective based PvP mode and saying their kill/deaths aren't great when number of kills isn't the objective, so in terms they did PvP well at the mode they were mainly playing.
              Last edited by ‬‬‬; 10-11-2016, 04:00 PM.

Comment

what a savage thread lmao

Comment

this is under the impression that eyedentity is competent enough to enforce rules that stop people from chill rooming and using arena exp exploits
                  Last edited by Lemon; 10-11-2016, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Who gives 40 fucks get CROCKED THEN GET BROCKED simple my nig YOU DIG?
                    Discord - Steve#4350
                    YouTube
                    Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Barbarian View Post
                      f

If you would care to point out the ones that you find to be placed on that list falsely and i'll reply with my thought process and why they are on the list for each person. Ones that might stand out though would be:

-Slash - Need i explain this one?

- Julia - A level 40, clearly not still active and one hell of a farmer

- PaladinSente - Again, an inactive, hasn't levelled since 80 cap but still retains his rank. Throw in the fact that, as much as 13k kills is nothing to scoff at, it's not something that deserves the 4th highest rank in the game.

- KnightOfZ - " "

- Zyous - " "

But even if we remove the list from the equation in general, what is your position on resetting PvP ranks?
                      Keeping it short since I have to go somewhere. I'm just going to place my thoughts but not actual reasonings here for now. I think that if PvP was to be reset (which people who don't care about rank yet care about rank wants) people who've been pvping nonstop since this game came out should be rewarded with exclusive PvP sets because it would be unfair to strip them for no reason really. And let me just add this. Going back to you're list (inactive and obvious farming people with low k/d counts) because that seems to be the basis for this argument, it shows less than 1% of the color ranked populous, I don't know what y'all are getting at really. I will expand when I'm home.

Comment

So first things first, You started a thread. In pvp section YOU ARE ASKING FOR DRAMA. no way around it.

You think this is some MOBA shenanigans? Ranks mean literally nothing at all, Like you said, Ranking only means the amount of time you have played. You can just create a low level and smurf the hell out of everyone and you are sitting thinking " wow they are a egg rank, why are they so good?" so why should rank matter then? It's not like there are weekly or monthly rewards for ranks. its just for looks, theres no need to care about it so much. You would want to see the rank and be like, " oh damn this person has played for a long time". That being said. Exp player creates new character and kicks ass. this is another reason on why RANK NEVER MATTERED. You learn how good someone is by playing against them not by a silly color by their name. this rank searching only shows K/D ( pffft like that even matters YOU *&^%IN NOOB, GO BACK TO CALL OF DUTY IF YOU CARE ABOUT THIS PLEB A** K/D. YOU SCRUB. YOU THINK YOU ARE GOOD????? THIS AINT NO CONSOLE BOI) AHEM sorry a wild demon just awoke inside and just attacked me. It doesn't show matches you have played. What if you only get 1 kill per game? what if you get a lot of Assists? what if you never get to play but are still in the match? ranking page doesn't show that. So really all your numbers aren't that accurate. don't just assume **** based on opinion. Because it is. Dont say ITS IN THE NUMBERS. It doesn't show the full stats. Why strip someone of their time invested too someone that only recently picked up the game and demands the highest rank? Referring to last sentence, i don't know how long you have played. so i'm not saying specifically you alright? it was just an example.

idgaf if my name is up there. cool its just a screenshot of a game with a number. how will that affect me? OH YOU GOT ME GOOD. CALLING ME A CHILLROOMER. FEED ME THE SALT BOI. Ahem this motherF***IN DEMON WONT LEAVE ME ALONE. thanks for reminding me how much time i wasted on dn in pvp. FeelsBadMan.

I have been playing Sniper and ShootingStar since 50 cap. I have put in A LOT of time into PvP. less than a lot of people on list and off, but more than half of the people you have listed. I will agree with you and will not deny, I have done my fair share of chill rooming. Met a lot of great people that enjoy same stuff i do. I made friends and memories. not sitting there like "RANK MEANS EVERYTHING" or even "Dont talk to me, you are a lower rank you mean nothing", but i have also spent a lot of time into 1v1's, through 4v4's, Wipeout's, Ladder even and if ladder never reset every week with fresh stats. that number would be in thousands ( thats pve not pvp, Sorry Inside joke) If you would like. i can show you my adventure of screenshots in my DN life. When i first started DN i used my medals for the EXP pills that would give you arena experience and when i had a lot of achievements left ( now i dont have a lot of achievements to complete) .

I would like to go on and on but i don't want to be like this one kid: BowieSage who writes god damn essays every post it does. sorry he/she. Wait sorry again for assuming the gender.
                        o someone who knows BowieSage tell them i mentioned their godly replies in this small sentence, also Bowie IF YOU READ THIS. Can you help me write some essays :^)
                        :^)
                        I await the salt. Like a goat.
                        o and going back to your actual question. i actually wanted ranks to be reset but thats because of what the rumors for other pvp nerds. i wanted egg rank again . Egg rank is much cooler looking anyways /shrug. i know a small handful of people that would love to keep an egg rank permanently. if it was even an option.

Comment

You wont get this from your normal pvping :I Even the old GM's liked chillrooming

Comment

Originally posted by ‬‬‬ View Post
                          ""
                          As much as you're right that rank != skill, that's a fact by now in the game. But that's one of the problems, and i've said this 4 times over but i personally see rank as a glorified playtime clock at this point. It's lost all of it's original meaning and has become something that people just dismiss at this point. Let me ask then, do you see any point in the ranking system at the moment? (Apart from being a clock for each player)

Originally posted by Aggrieved View Post
                          "".
                          Ok fair point, but i figured the PvP section was the place this relates to the most.

And I'm not trying to say we should make ranks like a class system where if you're not silver rank, you can go back to PvE or anything like that. But at the same time the goal of the reset would be to bring actual purpose back to the ranks.

Also i wasn't trying to "Get anyone good" with this list, i made it with no animosity or hate towards people on the list, it's simply my opinion on it. And yes, i've done my fair share of chill rooming in my time playing DN, i think almost everyone has... But that just further cements how useless the ranking system currently is.

I don't know though, that's the point of this post, to hear everyone's opinions on it.

Comment

• Inaros
                            Inaros commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Who are you in game?

Competitive skill based rankings for custom games? I want to give a lengthy reply but I might just be the ass-backwards one in all of this and I don't want to embarrass myself. Honestly this thread has me spooked

Without getting into detail, no, I think a rank reset would be a heavy handed and destructive solution that only fixes the problem of the exp gap between champion and everyone else. Any other problem people are hoping to solve with a reset is misguided imo. I think the first step is acknowledging what we can and can't expect from the "arena", and acknowledging the need for a relevant ladder system/scene as well as present game moderation

like, if we're in the position to ask for changes, why is a reset what we should be asking for
                          Last edited by Tiny; 10-11-2016, 07:21 PM.
                          Tiny - ShootingStar
                          Futanari - Defensio

???? - Ray Mechanic
                          Moon#8229

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
                            Competitive skill based rankings for custom games? I want to give a lengthy reply but I might just be the ass-backwards one in all of this and I don't want to embarrass myself. Honestly this thread has me spooked

Without getting into detail, no, I think a rank reset would be a heavy handed and destructive solution that only fixes the problem of the exp gap between champion and everyone else. Any other problem people are hoping to solve with a reset is misguided imo. I think the first step is acknowledging what we can and can't expect from the "arena", and acknowledging the need for a relevant ladder system/scene as well as present game moderation

like, if we're in the position to ask for changes, why is a reset what we should be asking for
                            A reset would essentially be undoing 5(?) years of damage to PVP ranks. It's realistically impossible for a new player to hit the rank of champion at this point in the game's lifespan unless it lasts at the bare minimum of two or even three years. Even then, for you to hit that rank in exactly 1 year, you'd need something like 27,200 Arena XP every single day for one year without missing a single day. On a really, really good day, a player might get somewhere around 20,000 arena XP. Keeping that up for a year is impossible not only due to something called "living", but the activity of other players.

A reset is indeed destructive. Without changes to the nature of how arena XP is calculated at the end of the match, chill rooms would still be a problem. Inevitably, the same problem would arise in the end.

Comment

Working...
                            X