Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use of Divine Vengeance in combos

Hi all!

This is clearly a Paladin related question, with using Divine Vengeance in PVP as a Crusader.
    So I have recently been experimenting with the skill Divine Vengeance (use to be a passive block parry skill) now that it is an active skill.
    But I cant seem to find any good chaining combos with it, or when to even use it properly in either 1v1 or group pvp.
    Does anyone have any pointers or strategies with the use of Divine Vengeance?

Thanks!

generally if you use divine vengeance in any hit state besides standing, you can use stomp kick into struck by lightning to re-lift them. You can also use shield charge or armor break but I believe you have to be close to a wall if you want to bounce with armor break.

Edit: do note that you need stomp kick action speed to do this.
    Last edited by Rood; 10-15-2017, 10:36 AM. Reason: need the AS

Comment

Divine Vengeance is pretty slow but one trick a lot of people forget is that DV can be sped up like shield blow. As long as you have a roundhouse action speed crest then you can cast RH and immediately cast DV during the start of the kick's animation. The speed burst gets carried over and vengeance casts a lot faster.
      Last edited by Matchlight; 10-19-2017, 11:40 AM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Thats pretty handy! luckily I have the kick and stomp crests! but I guess in the end theres not much more to it than that. Was pretty disappointed with the bounce and knock down/knock back effect it does...

Comment

The best thing about DV is it's circle effect and flat SAB value (600.) Think of it as an alternative armor break, if you get good at the speed transfer I mentioned earlier then it's even faster for a quick break. Also keep in mind that there's a small suction effect if your opponent happens to be staggered or lifted while you're casting. While it is a bit wonky you can combo out of it (like Ruad mentioned earlier with stomp kick.) Consider it another tool for breaking and then reacting to potential escapes.
          Last edited by Matchlight; 10-19-2017, 11:40 AM.

Comment

6 Year Veteran & Community Leader
            -------------------------------------------------

"
            Being skilled isn't all that it's made out to be. When you're strong, you become arrogant and withdrawn. Even if what you sought after was your dream." - Zhi Guan

Official DN+ Youtube Channel:
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCes...rh93rWGd2kiLfg

Paladin PVP Builds:
            http://forum.dragonnest.com/forum/cl...din-pvp-builds

Feel Free to drop a PM anytime
            Discord: Zeplic#8241

Comment

Working...
            X