Slayer Farming - is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slayer Farming - is it worth it?

So I've been wondering if I'm going for a hardcore Slayer item farming, but not sure if it'll be worth it.

These are the things that I've heard:

1.) Slayer items will have slayer skills in the future (probably that's why they are class-bound).
    2.) But Hero Calypse might have Tier2 +20 based on some data-mined stuff, which hmmm can easily win over Slayer items.
    3.) Moreover, rumour has it that Hero Medea Tier2 +20 can be converted to Hero Calypse too in the future contents.

For now, the cons weigh more that the pros that's why I'm just doing some 5-7 daily slayer runs and spend my time/energy elsewhere (farm shards, dq).

Any thoughts? Thanks!

UPDATE: Decided to still farm 11x a day for each char and get at least 1 slayer item for my class, since i found something about mounting points that will limit the number of L-items equipped (or the kind of item rather) in the future ^^

Thanks!
    Last edited by theredgumball; 10-27-2017, 02:25 AM.
    I'm a slow learner, that's true. But I learn.

I do not need to be watched over or minded or cared for. I'm not a child.
    I am the Lady of Winterfell, and I am home.

Slayers gear can give unique effects that would make it worth getting over Calypse gear, the only thing is that we don't know what those effects are yet....
    Even so, It is worth farming Slayers due to the fact that on average I make my money back from running for hammers.
    Hello Sir! Please free to mention me or send me a private message if you need any assistance! I will try my best to help you to the best that I can!

-Subscribed to every forum section except Trades-

Discord: Couplord#5195
    NA IGN: SirCoup

Comment

I am personally am pursuing slayer because I do not like to repeat the same mistake over the light cubes.
      Lorallite (Windwalker)

Comment

aside of slayer points and eqs, i found spamming slayer nest on daily basis is worth the effort.

I did close to 30 entry everyday, and can get couple of hammers which can worth up to 5k gold.

So yea, i wont stop spamming slayer for now. *getallthegoldswhileitshot*

Comment

Why isn't "potentially upgradeable to Tier 2 and may be stronger than Tier 2 Calypse due to added skill effects" not one of your plus points for Slayer gears?

TBH, it's not so much 'farming' slayer mode as most points actually come from the Daily Task (100-200, which takes 25-50 runs to accomplish?).
          Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
          Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
          Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

• theredgumball
            theredgumball commented
            Editing a comment
            oh because i haven't seen a single hint/datamined stuff for slayer tier 2, and i'm not a very hopeful and optimistic person when it comes to these stuff (e.g. leica items).

Can anyone confirm that farming slayer on normal is worth it?

Comment

• Xenocho
            Xenocho commented
            Editing a comment
            You get 2-3 instead of 3-4, so generally, less efficient than abyss. However, if doing abyss takes like 5 mins vs norm's 1 min or so, then maybe yes, time-wise.

Originally posted by InkeiKuraiKen View Post
          Can anyone confirm that farming slayer on normal is worth it?
          Lord RNG will decide that for you kind sir.

Comment

I just wanna tell few things

Devs have pushed slayer skills far , They are waiting Machina awakening to be present
            then they work on slayer skills
            so its like 4-5 months far for Korea DN itself / double far for dnsea

Tier 2 Calypse is just before next raid , so that also super far away

Tier 2 Medea to Calypse is not released also
            Says blacksmith is still learning in craft menu
            Follow my Page for Latest Info on DN and Datamine info
            www.facebook.com/JeezusDNSEA

Comment

Trying to farm, that's all.
              And hammer Legend grade is worth to sell, so....
              My Characters
              Based on Date Creation

thanks to faustius for providing the job icons~
              Too lazy to update char list, maybe sometime i'll update it :v

Comment

I farm Slayer mode for hammers, Slayer equipment is secondary

Or if I feel lazy and unlucky I just sell my slayer shards for gold...

Comment

Goes same for me , I'm farming hammer with all my remaining ftg after doing daily mission .. Getting slayer is just a bonus. (which in fact i haven't got any ,sad)

Comment

Working...
                  X