• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new modus ey? pls confirm

hi
    this is just to share,

this happened last monday before the official EYE pvp tournament began

a friend of mine was approached by a high ranking archer(silver) in a colosseum channel, name was "ArcherzQin"
    he said he is recruiting players for a pvp event by MPGL(mineski pro gaming league)
    the mode was captain accdg to the recruiter, so my friend, who does capt pvp a lot became interested
    the recruiter then gave him instructions that required my friend to email the admin of "that event" which he did
    the "admin"(who was too fast to respond) asked for ign, email address, contact no. and then verification number
    my friend did his best to comply...

then he received a text saying his email's password was suddenly changed (this notif feature is cool)
    altho, what these weasels don't know is that my friend used a dummy email to contact the admin
    so yea, this isn't one of those hacked stories

what's weird tho was that the recruiter was beside my friend's character the whole time, assuring that my friend applied
    he even changed to his ml as that was what he'll be using for "the event"
    he also claimed that replaced passwords is quite normal lmao

after that my friend then deleted his dummy account...

is this a new modus?
    but why on pvp players,
    afaik my friend's character that time was a sub and nothing was valuable enough for hackers to hack it(except maybe for the old weap costumes)
    but srsly...

after sometime, i saw a couple of blue birds about that archer recruiter saying he's a scammer
    Last edited by jeecay; 11-08-2017, 02:29 PM.

It is indeed a scam, in the first place, MPGL is a professional gaming company that hires top players in entire south east region to participate in worldwide renounced games such as D2 , CSGO, why the fuck would they even try to find a random player from DN who dont even have a background or portfolio, this alone is fishy enough and is obviously a scam.

Lesson learnt, please tell your friend to be vigilant at all times, esp in DN cancer community, 80% of the players are trying to scam you.

They appeared, gleaming and victorious. Our Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds,the ceremonial Naga drums. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. They were not stoic and silent. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.
    When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by divine blades.The drums,the Empire, fell silent forever.

Comment

their income must have dropped down, so they're thinking of other ways to scam, and this time its pvp players XD

high ranked chars can be sold too. (sell or sold? XD)

Comment

Legit company or any legit sources would never ask for password or full details of accounts.
        If they do, it's obviously a scam.
        Discord: DarkB1ad3r #5361

Comment

this is laughable

Comment

I don't want to be rude but only stupid people will fall for schemes like this. Official reps will never ask for details about your account.

Comment

well, in country x... there are still people who fell for this kind tricks.
              i saw a post from a group...and this are the names he listed. he got scammed/hacked too

ArcherzQin
              LeeKazuki
              Xz4g3ntX44
              Power08

Comment

• InkeiKuraiKen
                InkeiKuraiKen commented
                Editing a comment
                Typical pinoys falling victims to stupid schemes like this.

I wish there was a way to reach out to kids whom are usually victims of these schemes. If they don't read forums, don't read much at all of stuff in game, how?
              Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
              Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
              Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

• Arkhaez
                Arkhaez commented
                Editing a comment
                I do it for my guild mates as well, but sadly some still won't bother to read.

• Xenocho
                Xenocho commented
                Editing a comment
                I wonder if such cases are prevalent across all servers or would it be just in SEA? :x

• stylinx
                stylinx commented
                Editing a comment
                sadly, there are still many who dont read post here and even in dragon nest fb page

every min, every hour there are posts in that group asking how / why

like for example maintenance time, post are flooding asking has dragon nest crashed? XD
            Working...
            X