Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what should i do? [RH player] - pretty innocent i can say....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what should i do? [RH player] - pretty innocent i can say....

so, i was an active player about a month ago.
    and then i decided to went RH for a month, coz i got some problem in real life.(nvm)
    i have 16 chars in this account, and 7 of them are maxed level, while the rest of em still 93.
    full of cash of course, costume, gacha's items etc.(strong enough to do raid, or solo slayer mode<sub reason for RH)
    then i just came back today, in my guild .. this char clearly said "Logout Time - 34 days".
    and i am ready to come back, and do slayers stuff.

but now i got the news from my friend that, the Returned Hero rewards are removed...

u know how that feel, some of my friends are having the same problem now...
    i know that gold abuser is bad, but,,,, is removing the gold pouch still not enough? come on, i dont need that gold pouch...
    me and the other returned players who are ready to come back are sad and start to think about quiting the game. (this one is a fact dude)
    still im just wondering will they bring it back? or removed permanently.

Dear my fellow players who has the feels, vote your suggestion in the poll down here:
    what should i do, if the RH system will not come back pretty soon...
    p.s:i came back with RH hoping to do slayer with RH buff, and now this happen...
    Quit the Game
    48.72%
    Sell your Account
    10.26%
    Continue playing without RH buff that u are wishing for (really?)
    41.03%

Selling account is illegal btw

Since you write so long, can you write a bit longer to elaborate why the RH status is so important? Genuinely curious here.

As a reward, I can carry you through nests.

Just to add on:
    The developers agree that the slayer mode is quite tedious now and are planning to improve it in the future to increase ease of obtaining the gears. Hence, whatever you could have supposedly farm beneficially with the RH buff will be less important when that future content hits.
    Last edited by Xenocho; 11-29-2017, 10:50 PM.
    Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
    Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
    Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

• Gloiii
      Gloiii commented
      Editing a comment
      for me rh is importart if the player is really returning to game like from 60 cap or something and trying again the game to encourage player to continue tho
      having the buff only for own and the items is enough. it only being abuse because it rh buff become party buff

well i hope you get the idea what im saying, not really good in explaining lol.

• Xenocho
      Xenocho commented
      Editing a comment
      the question is "why is it important? what can you do with it that you cannot do as a normal player?"

If possible, try to not talk about increased drop rates as that will be removed in the coming patch.
      Last edited by Xenocho; 11-29-2017, 11:00 PM.

• Gloiii
      Gloiii commented
      Editing a comment
      well im not talking about the drop rate. rh buff does not only give drop rate tho iirc

Originally posted by Xenocho View Post
    Selling account is illegal btw

Since you write so long, can you write a bit longer to elaborate why the RH status is so important? Genuinely curious here.

As a reward, I can carry you through nests.

Just to add on:
    The developers agree that the slayer mode is quite tedious now and are planning to improve it in the future to increase ease of obtaining the gears. Hence, whatever you could have supposedly farm beneficially with the RH buff will be less important when that future content hits.
    i wanted to use it for slayer mode, and also obtaining the slayer tickets, and some free expansion storage.
    waiting for the next planning patch is not an option for now,
    and i was not going RH on purpose, i just got some work to do for about a weeks and decided to go RH after i had a taste of slayer mode.
    and now i am back, and some players too.
    and we had a hope, just a simple returned players hope.
    i wont push you to understand my feeling, but the fact is, this is the feeling when my hope is gone.

At least, they can announce the removal of Returned hero rewards a few days or week before the removal. just like what they did when they want to reset the nightmare points.
    but when i read the urgent maintenance's note... its so sudden, if there is a news about the removal a week or a month ago, then my friend could have told me, and i will back ASAP
    even when its not over 30 days, coz that means, i only logged out for just a weeks or a few more days, and my hope wont be as high as it is now.
    or i could get the RH rewards right after my 31st days.

Comment

• Xenocho
      Xenocho commented
      Editing a comment
      I see. Sounds fair that it dashed your hopes. Thank you for sharing. Drop me a mail on Remmystarr when you are free and I can carry you through the current nests.

• esbe
      esbe commented
      Editing a comment
      its ok, thanks for understanding. and dont worry about the carry nest stuff. i am fine. ^^

Continue playing the game why? cuz in the future they will remove the RH buff the droprate stuff so RH is not that a big deal
    and last what do you need in RH anyway? u said it yourself ur already stonk.

Comment

• esbe
      esbe commented
      Editing a comment
      im not talking about the future patch, im talking about this sudden removal of RH system. my wait for this month is a waste,
      future patch which is nowhere insight for this moment is out of question, this is my first time aiming for RH, not an abuser type.
      at least if there are some notice earlier about the removal, i dont have to wait the whole month for this.

quit the game

Comment

There are a lot of benifit of returned hero for returnees. First is that they will be given a pet and a backpack / storage expansion. Second is that the drop rate is increased which some of those "hdps" is looking for also the pt points will increase because of rh buff. Plus the increase damage buff. Meaning you will be having a better time looking for a party dispite you lacking of gear. You can offer eh services that can give you a steady income (which is kinda nerfed cause of the ftg system nowadays) and a positive effect of this is that some people wont be tempted to do illegal stuffs such as buying gold from players to be able to gear up and catch up with others. Drop rate is also a big part of helping a returnee as neris item is dropped in dq that can be disassemble to give power stones to be used for neris sets. Also th ticket 30 days that can be used for the stuffs u get w/ ur rh drop bonus. Even of the drop rate is gone. Theres still some benefits a returnee can get from being an RH

Comment

• Xenocho
        Xenocho commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Shiroono for sharing your view. They are good points.

What would you do if you were in OP shoes?

• Shiroono
        Shiroono commented
        Editing a comment
        hmm. if i were op. probably i would be sad. waiting for 1 month and expecting something isnt a joke. i do have to point out that ED did remove RH system without prior notice. they couldve removed the gold pouch first, no need to remove RH all together. they should give time for some players to adjust in the current situation. not doing some ninja patch, that is why there is scheduled patches and patch notes. its more professional that way and more player friendly tbh. by the looks of it, the massive ban ytd + sudden remove of rh took a toll on the game people got dismayed and in the verge of quitting totally , rather than being excited to comeback cause they know they can catch up due to RH buff (mostly f2p players)

OP, if you are already active and have all that stuff why even bother with RH?

Just genuinely curious.

It will probably come back, but greatly nerfed to discourage people from hibernating over and over. This is just a prediction, I'm waiting for a staff response just like everyone.
      Last edited by Verbena; 11-30-2017, 11:27 AM.

Comment

• Shiroono
        Shiroono commented
        Editing a comment
        May i suggest that to give some time before you totally remove/nerf rh? For like example remove it this coming january instead of december and announcing it before hand for those who really wanted and aimed for the rewards plus thos returnees. I think it will benefit the game as well for positive feedbacks(cause your player will be happy since you are understanding then) Just a thought.

• Verbena
        Verbena commented
        Editing a comment
        Shiroono Unfortunately I don't receive information beforehand. If I did you can be sure I would post a thread notifying the changes

I know better delivering of news and organization have been suggested plenty of times by users in these forums, but, I don't really know why in most instances news still seem to come with a delay. And because I rely on sites news just as the regular users to get my initial information, there isn't a lot I can do on my end except to go and poke them for more elaborate information to provide if users ask if the situation calls for. I don't think that's one of those situations. We know RH had to be called off because of abuse cases and the item duplication bug. Still, I can sympathize and agree with the feeling that the shut down of Returned Hero should have been notified at the same time as NA (back in the 6th of November).

• Shiroono
        Shiroono commented
        Editing a comment
        yes. thank you for cooperating with the players . its just ED took a hit cause of the massive ban then ninja patch of rh which is kinda depressing to see people bad mouthing the game cause of, what they say "incompetence of the devs". maybe, just maybe if u guys can extend abit the rh system. it CAN look like a compensation for the mistakes made by the administrator and may and probably will have a good feedback to the players. hope that ED understand the point of view of the players. more power to dragon nest
        Last edited by Shiroono; 12-01-2017, 11:21 AM.

Originally posted by Verbena View Post
      OP, if you are already active and have all that stuff why even bother with RH?

Just genuinely curious.

It will probably come back, but greatly nerfed to discourage people from hibernating over and over. This is just a prediction, I'm waiting for a staff response just like everyone.
      honestly, it is pretty important for me.
      i mean, no matter how OP you are, and how active you are, a player will face an urgent business or has something to do in real life soon or later.
      if they are facing such a thing on that moment to the point where they can not play like usual, is it their fault for having a thought about going RH? even just for once in a lifetime.
      i found out that some of my friends are doing the same thing, with just one reason "got Bored", then they choose to take some rest from the game and then come back with the RH system as a bonus.

and again, is it player's fault for having a thought about going RH once in a while? (dude u cant buy "increase 100% drop rate" item in cash shop, once in a while, why not...tho im pretty busy at that time)
      the sudden removal and no information about will it come back or no is the problem.
      what will you do, if you are some kind of players who do nightmare to get points and aiming for something in that nightmare shop. and then suddenly there are these abusers who found out a way to abuse the nightmare points, then the dev decide to do urgent maintenance and remove all the nightmare points that every players had.

it is a good habit to let the players prepare them self for a removal of some system that kinda important for some players, this RH system is not like a seasonal event system right? even the removal of seasonal event had some information about the removal before it happened, just like NM points reset, shop items change, and the removal of extra magnifyer rewards.

i love how important every single information or words that was coming from the dn team or whatever in there, cause those words always affect my in game target, in game plan, in game habit, etc.
      at least, give more information about the removal earlier (so that my friend can contact me when i was away) or giving information about will the system come back or not?
      or give some compensation? (the previous compensation was for the urgent maintenance, not for the players affected).

when you accidentally spilled a drop of coffee stains onto a customer's shirt, what you have to worry is not about "what a big deal, its just a dot".
      but you have to worry about " is he/she okay?"
      these are my complains. as a player.

P.S: the reCAPTCHA was being an a******
      Last edited by esbe; 11-30-2017, 08:26 PM.

Comment

• esbe
        esbe commented
        Editing a comment
        hoping for something that is legal, is not wrong.
        but when something that is normal, and legal suddenly betrayed you...
        i just feel sad and disappointed , is it my fault?
        do i have no right to complain about this?
        no matter how useless a system for someone, there might be usefull for anyone else.

• zArAthena
        zArAthena commented
        Editing a comment
        So basically, you just disappointed because RH gone without further notice. They have a good reason for that though. The current RH system have many problem which a lot of people exploit and abuse. So they temporary close it in the meantime and find for a solution. This is justify.
        You don't really lose anything important so you should stop make a fuss like it is a big deal.

• esbe
        esbe commented
        Editing a comment
        awh ic, alright then, my bad

You can still enjoy a lot of things and earn a decent amount of gold in game without RH

Comment

Just quit it. You are already at the point of uncertainty, indicating loss of conviction to continue playing. If you really wanna go on, you wouldn't be here in the first place asking for votes. None will stop you, none will matter to you, even if those changes takes effect, you will still play the game.

Or it might be you just need a break, just getting burnt out, so give yourself the break you deserve. Come back when your hands are itchy hot again to play the game.

below are just my personal opinion and how I personally view what RH is(hey it just how I look at that, don't take this personally):
        Besides, I don't really care about RH, it's a dirty twisted logic of pulling someone back. Shouldn't be implemented in the first place. Rewarding someone for going somewhere else god only knows, seriously? If real life does this, I'll AWOL for the entire month and get my bonus pay. XD
        - quite harsh huh, life is a shitty game and we live in a cruel world. These people running this game are doing their best turning people into dogs. Oh c'mere back, i got bone for you lil doggy.. These poor bastards didn't even know what hit them. (don't be mad, don't be mad now :3)
        ★ Gintama ❖ 「ヒカリ証明論 / Hikari Shoumeiron」 ❖ CHiCO with HoneyWorks ★

✾▬▬▬▬▬▬❀▬▬▬▬▬▬✾
        Spotify URI | Spotify Song Link
        Wars Of Our Time (Dn Sea Forum History)ED 1:1 Inquire(SEA)Choco's Academic Fanart Gallery :3
        DNSEA Discord Invite

Comment

• Chocorroles
          Chocorroles commented
          Editing a comment
          It's not really "rewarding someone for going somewhere". If a person quits the game long ago, and they suddenly want to return, two scenarios happen: Some people discard their old account to start fresh and anew, because that's their style. However some other people would rather come back to play with their current account, but staying in the middle it's frustrating for them, with all this content coming ahead and all these items in their inventory they don't know which ones are useful anymore and just so many things to think off that can be rather overbearing, and plus these people probably don't have time to play every day/week. Returned Hero is a good way to kickstart them.

This is why the current Returned Hero was flawled. Just god damn 30 days. What the hell do you miss in 30 days? You will be probably still be in the same cap by the time you return. It shouldn't be such a short period it makes farming RH itself with multiple accounts even appealing. It does feel like it was rewarding people for quitting. It should have been 1 year, and the Returned Hero buff should have never applied to the whole party, specially the loot buff.
          Last edited by Chocorroles; 12-01-2017, 11:01 AM.

• MeshPolygon
          MeshPolygon commented
          Editing a comment
          It really does look like a reward for taking a short break. One month, that isn't long enough to consider someone already quitted for good, for me it's just a short break. They should make it atleast a year just like you said *and remove stuffs that are too good to be in it*, now it may viewed as a relief and not a reward - this the current mindset of most people, rewards, rewards, bones, bones :3, depends really on the purpose of stay of people.

As for me, I don't stay here to gain rewards, prestige, nor power, just someone wasting his precious lifetime.

(ya, I never got one in a span of six years, didn't enjoy the privileges of an RH player other than tagging along them ><)
          Last edited by MeshPolygon; 12-01-2017, 11:39 AM. Reason: *between these are added*

• BlessedSign
          BlessedSign commented
          Editing a comment
          thought the same thing too, its pretty normal i guess to be away for a month or so and that the return hero thingy should have been at least a year to be entitled.
      Working...
      X