Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POLL: DId you like the Surprise Event Reward?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL: DId you like the Surprise Event Reward?

I know a lot of ppl have been posting threads in the forums about this topic and it is getting irritating especially the ones that flamebaits people.
    However I made this thread to try to have real sensible discussion about the event. Please ignore anyone who will start a childish flamebait comment.
    And also adding a poll to really see how many ppl did enjoy and appreciate the surprise reward in contrast to those who did not (who have real valid reason not to IMHO).
    This poll may or may not be useful to some but this would definitely help in somehow determining what went wrong and what went right.

I see many kinds of ppl's reaction to this event and to summarize the good valid ones, those are:

1. DID NOT like the event because they farm their lives away gearing up by tirelessly doing nests / learning resources management and of course, spending real money.
    And now they feel like all those effort, money and hard work is worth 5K CC to ED's eyes.
    2. DID like the event because they are new players / returning old players and this surprise reward is a definite big boost to their gaming experience.
    3. DID like the event because they are casual players who want to feel that "sense of belonging" to the game since they experience discrimination and bashing because of their gears.
    4. DID NOT like the event because some players are disappointed because they at least use the gears of a player as a catalyst in determining their experience and expertise when doing high level content. It is not discrimination but rather a way to ensure an effective and efficient run which I believe should not be frown upon.
    5. DID like the event because "equality". May be reasonable to some but not to some. You decide if valid.

As you can see I eliminated the reasons of ppl who are "evil" because they should not matter. (those who do illegal RMT)
    Please let us all have a healthy discussion and try to think twice or even three times before we speak/write something.
    The answer to the poll is simple: just pick yes or no because in the end, it all comes down to whether we liked it or not whatever the reason behind as long as the game progresses and grows further.
    YES
    78.43%
    NO
    21.57%
    Last edited by Celdris; 03-29-2018, 07:45 PM. Reason: grammar and formatting

Let the voice be heard ppl. Vote.

Comment

In case if you don't like the event (which you can't do anything about it since ED won't give you a dip shit), you can fill in the report.

Comment

• Remy
        Remy commented
        Editing a comment
        hahaha that form tho .

I am using calypse on my main and I kinda like the event because I can add gears on other characters I own? Also, converting the medea>tier1>tier2 calypse is not a walk in the park. You'll need alot of L stones to do it. Well, can use hammers but still...it will burn either your money/time/effort.
      i will forever be a Force User who hates dark attack HAHAHAH !!!
      -MissZuriku (OuraSlayer)

Comment

• Celdris
        Celdris commented
        Editing a comment
        Honestly, same. I got sad because I feel like my efforts on my main were disregarded but at the same time looking at the bright side, all my subs now can do most of the nests if not all. So still, it's a win win for all and that is my personal opinion.

• missjenn
        missjenn commented
        Editing a comment
        lol yea....can easily complete NM, slayer testing quickly. no need to share much gears and wait for carry because almost everyone is now geared lol. (at least for the common contents)

some voted no.... that's a surprise XD

Comment

Well they said ED's killing their own game. Idk tho? Medea to calypse alone need 5kg + 200 speras + 30L stones. As if that is easy.

There were similar event like this, the "clearing Rune HC 4man will rewards u 1pc of Rune L wrath". They also complain the same (lmao).
        But where those easy wraths? Do u see alot of Rune L geared ppl wandering around? Errmm.. No

Comment

• dnpilot01
          dnpilot01 commented
          Editing a comment
          First sir, I'm not asking about what you've achieved. Secondly, you already gave your answer. You've been carried out and you carried them. You work your fingers to get what you have now especially Calypse. Now these upcoming medea 2 bearers will just spend their savings to fullfill the conversion or who knows if they already got what they need, then voila! CALYPSE!

• Shinon
          Shinon commented
          Editing a comment
          so, you're one of those idnl armors + calypse weaps? haha

• dnpilot01
          dnpilot01 commented
          Editing a comment
          See. Now, u run out of argument so u started to guess someone else's gear just to prolong the conversation. When in fact this thing has nothing to do with the previous post. The only reason why you were able to tell this heroic tale is because your friends carried you in the first place. Admit it, without them, no one will care to join you in their party especially if you don't know the run. So next time, before you ridicule other player's gear or gauge their skills, make sure you're not in your friends cradle. I dare you to exit your comfort zone and party random peeps. I would like to see the beginning of your true adventure when they start kicking you out.

ED gambled on this reward to target free players so they will top-up. This is just a desperate move. Now their loyal, consistent and big-time players just lost their interest. Instead of making nests/stages easier for neri's users, they promote this cheap alternative sign of "equality". How can this be fair if old Tier2 users already wasted jellies/gold/time more than 10 pcs gacha boxes? Now this ignorant newbies has something to brag about. Gear is not the problem here, it's the economy and drops. Before, high grade garnet are scattered everywhere now there's scarcity. Yes they will give you medea 2 then what's next? In NM, you're always DC without reason and reconnection. These are the problems here, not gear. You already have +20 neris yet still hard to survive thru stages that's why there's discrimination.

Comment

• WildMist
          WildMist commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe you're having a hard time to survive through stages cuz you suck at dodging ?

Cuz my physician is doing fine using medea surviving MN Hell.
          Last edited by WildMist; 03-29-2018, 10:59 PM.

• dnpilot01
          dnpilot01 commented
          Editing a comment
          You're missing the point, I'm talking about neri's players being kick out or striving to survive. These can be real return heroes or new players tried their best to attain the max enhancement. They don't have many subs, they can hardly get guild costume, they don't even know what CP hunt is. They started from SCRATCH. And here you are bragging about how good your dodging skills with your loli in Medea gear just because you failed to comprehend the notion of my post.

• SadisticEin
          SadisticEin commented
          Editing a comment
          WildMist You are aware that phys is a support class and they don't even need that much gear as long as they can stay alive and support right? That's a different case on other class (DPS) because people would prioritize "geared". It would be harder for those who are gearing up by progression(step-by-step) because of introduction of instant +20 t2 medea to other people, thus getting discriminated on parties.
          I think his point (TL;DR): "LFM> Calypse/+20 T2 medea set only"

Well, I liked the event since I'll to be able to make a full Calypse set for a huge boost. If I can afford the converters, that is. Tho I think I made a bad decision since I didn't wait for the Medea Set giveaway announcement and hurriedly participated with my main who already has Calypse weapons but only has T1 Medea armors, rather than waiting for the announcement and have the freedom to decide whether to do that or to participate with a sub character instead for an instant gear up. Still, I don't regret my decision either way.

Besides, IMO, I think it's nice for all who participated; People who already have geared mains can now gear up a sub easily, and those who don't have geared characters, can now have a geared main. It's a win-win situation for the participants

As for those who have not participated in the event, regarding the party discrimination. I think it's still okay as long as the members still know the minimum gear requirements for various nests like HC nests and such. Most geared people at pubs don't even mind giving newbies a boost on easily clearable nests, luckily more so if they are carried at VN HC and such nests for free. However in cases where people are like "LFP VN/GGN NORM, TKN/PKN HC" and whatever other easily clearable nests like that by almost any party lineup nowadays and then "STRICTLY NO NERIS", either they are desperate/serious in clearing the nest, or maybe they're just pricks.
        In the case of "NM MASTER NO NERIS", it's understandable as they might encounter a "Kill the Guards of Destruction" event at NM stage 2 (I can't remember the actual notice for this). But as I've said, It should be no bother anymore as long as they do all they can to help DPS. However if they still stick to being that strict, then they can't really be forced to change their minds. Newbies are better off finding parties that are nice enough to accept them on runs that easy.

Comment

I did like the event, works as a stepping stone for those that fell behind through the last few months. At least it enabled me to gear up other characters and not having to focus entirely on my main for calypse gear because making Tier 2 Medea +20 gear is a MAJOR pain in the ass. But the truth is that i still feel like there are a few problems.

I don't like how they withheld the information about the Medea set enhancement and tier until now, feels like they're half-assing it and not doing this to help their player-base but just as another ploy to boost their profits.

There's also the issue of "what happens after this?". The people that didn't get a chance to participate in this event for some reason or other, will have to go through the trouble of making Tier 2 +20 Medea parts in order to get the end-game gear; countless hours of grinding to get materials, jellies and gold necessary to go through the entire process. Before if you were good enough, if you practiced and coordinated with a team you could clear a raid and get to the endgame sooner, and it makes sense, the higher the risk the better the reward. But after the next patch comes and the Greedy to Calypse conversion is removed, players will be bound by the system, forced to spend all that time and resources to make Calypse gear because there simply is no other way. The upcoming Green Dragon raid doesn't drop or enable you to get Calypse gear (or some other alternative), the only thing we know so far is that it drops some jewelry that may replace the genesis accessories in the meta.

All this goes to say that there's a faulty system here. Where only through grinding for an inconvenient amount of time can you get the endgame gear. No matter how good you are, you'll have to spend 5-6 hours a day farming to get there. This is supposed to be a game (for fun) not a part-time job. And while there's always the option of using cash to get there, the game should also reward you for playing smart and playing good, not just playing for longer amounts of time.

Comment

Bumping this thread for more voting result

Comment

• Celdris
              Celdris commented
              Editing a comment
              And I saw all your comments, they are all negative / bashing ppl. I hope you find peace in yourself and dont end up suiciding. xD

• Vaddix
              Vaddix commented
              Editing a comment
              oh no, nothing that makes sense to say anymore and spouting irrelevant things now are we? Sorry to inform you but I live a wealthy life both irl and in-game and I'm far from this "suicide" you speak of kid. Being "negative" is different from being "analytic" and its not my fault if you're having hard time understanding/comprehending my replies/comments or if you find them offensive. Then again, have a good day and please refrain from stating such illogical statements.

• Celdris
              Celdris commented
              Editing a comment
              Vaddix K. lel *TL;DR
          Working...
          X