Account blocked due to a chargeback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Account blocked due to a chargeback

The story goes like this, I wanted to buy 10 Altea's Gacha Boxes, but when I topped up my account with EYECASH, I realized that there were limitations
    So I thought the refund would be like any other games, whereby if I issue a chargeback and not spend the cash, it would be deducted from my account, but I was terribly wrong, they blocked my account immediately. I understand this part as there are alot of credit scams with regards to in-game credits.

However, I really do hope that a GM would be able to help me out with the issue, I've only topped up 5k EYECASH, which I want to be converted to CCs that can be used to purchase the Gacha boxes. Moreover, there should actually be a proper warning before the purchase of EYECASH that there are limitations to what it can purchase so as to not let newbies, like me fall for this kind of bans.

I really do hope that a GM can help me out with this issue as I want to be able to participate in the Altea's Gacha event that is going on!
    My IGN is Fangqi, if any GM want to help me out with my issue, do send me a PM, i'll give you my email!

Edit: Someone mentioned to me when I posted in the wrong section that they did indeed have an indication there, but rather ED putting it in the trigger button, they should have placed it in the columns without people clicking it

By eyeCASH do you mean eyeCREDIT? They did say there's restriction in the purchases under their FAQ in SEA page but not as detailed as the one I saw in US page. The ban if there's charge back can be seen in their policy.

Anyways goodluck (if this is really by accident).
    Attached Files

Comment

Posting it in the wrong place will only hurt your chance of getting your problem solved.

Those who frequent this section are mostly players; the best help we could offer is by redirecting you to 1:1 Inquiry or Account Issues section, where you could get faster response from those who can actually release your account.

Tick-tock, the clock is ticking...

Comment

more likely say goodbye to your account, ED is strict in this kind of offence, can't do 1:1 inquiry since his ED account is blocked not only his game account. this is what i read from NA forum in the past. anyway this will be a lesson to would be EYEC toppers using paypal. let it be if you find out it can't purchase the item u want, don't refund. Must check first the cash shop for the item u want to buy if it is purchasable w/ eye c before topping up using paypal. good luck, definitely u can't participate in gatcha event. this mess will take a lot of time if ever ur account is released.

Comment

It's just sad, I played since 40 cap, when the game was with CC it was so much better and I recently came back and after grinding for about 2 weeks to only see my account go like that..
          I was able to 1:1 enquire using their support system but Gardener just didn't answer the question
          First, I was scammed in CBN, now I just want to participate in the gacha event, why ED, WHY..
          ​​​​​​edit: Shovel asked me to post in general discussion
          Last edited by ceeeffquee; 05-27-2018, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SadisticEin View Post
            By eyeCASH do you mean eyeCREDIT? They did say there's restriction in the purchases under their FAQ in SEA page but not as detailed as the one I saw in US page. The ban if there's charge back can be seen in their policy.

Anyways goodluck (if this is really by accident).
            If I were to charge back and did know about the policy, why would I charge back for 5k eyecredits, it would have been the dumbest thing to do, it's just $4 USD

Comment

• SadisticEin
              SadisticEin commented
              Editing a comment
              Aren't players supposed to read the games policy first before getting into the game tho? It'll come off like those people who try to do RMT, gets banned, then demands the GMs they didn't know it was 'illegal'

Anyways it's partially your fault for not reading, and theirs for not giving out proper notifications about charges, expecting too much from people that they actually freakin read the policies and FAQs posted in their main website. They should seriously check out the game and realize that lots of people don't even know the policies are or just keep on breaking them.

• Mr.Shovels
              Mr.Shovels commented
              Editing a comment
              or rather, before they can create a new ED account, they should ask random questions regarding the Terms & Regulations of the game, if they answered wrong if they didn't answered right, then they will be unable to create an account for a few hours, lets say 1 hour max, then the question will change again.

Random questions will be generated the moment a player tries to create their account, it could be before or after they made the account, if before, the player's time wouldn't be wasted, if after, their account will be put on hold and it won't be verified until they have answered the right question.

There should be atleast 7 sets of questions compose of 50 random generated unique questions each day, so that players won't be able to keep answering the same question each time they know of it, they should force out players to read their terms , rules and regulations so that they won't have the purpose of ever complaining why this happened, why is this happening, why i cant do this etc etc.

Even if that will reduce out the population increase ingame because some players aren't really eager to do something like that, atleast FEWER players who knows the rules than LOTS of players who doesn't even know a thing about those are much better since those FEWER players can avoid being scammed, no complaints, no drama, scammers would just give up, and the game would be a bit clean again (ofc toxic and cancerous players are still present) while LOTS of players that easily created an account but they do not know anything regarding the rules are more prone to being scammed, lots of drama, complaints, and also an addition to really bad lags on the server which is bad for all the players that has slow to decent internet speed plans like me (or rather i am just using a wifi from a neighboor i don't know who's wifi is it)

Its not really ED's entire fault you got yourself in a tight situation, there is also fault on your part since you didn't literally just asked first if you aren't really sure of something and that you aren't a person who has sharp eyes to even see that exclamation point icon that pops up information regarding the currency if it has purchase restrictions or not.

If you truly believe $4 USD is a meager sum, you wouldn't be asking for a charge back.

Just make a new account and participate in the event while you still can. If you were planning to buy Daily Sale Gacha, you will need at least 2 days to complete 10 box purchase requirement.

Comment

One thing's for sure, I'm not gonna be playing a game that doesn't treat it's players well
              I charged back because I thought it would be like any other games, I've never heard of games banning players that charge back a small amount, they just deduct it and carry on as if nothing was wrong

Comment

I don't know what is wrong with charging back? its not like they will be scammed by a newbie since all the transactions whenever buying EYEC and EYET is all recorded on their ED account and if something goes wrong such as the player already purchased an item and asked for a charge back or a refund, they should have common sense that they don't need to do that because the player already spent the currency.

All in all, i think they should have better NOTIFICATIONS of things on their interface on their account webpage for players to see the details of their accounts especially whenever real money transactions into ingame currency exchange happens, most of these situations requires better information interface for users who lacks the initiative or lacks the ability to search for HIDDEN pop ups and whatnot should atleast get the idea if they should do this or not.

Not all players could notice that exclamation point icon, thinking its either a part of the background or its just a design, but i do think its the fault of both sides: the user and the webpage developer

User: wasn't tentative enough to notice that button to click for more information regarding EYEC has purchase restrictions on ingame digital items
                Webpage Developer: Didn't put through a better effort of having the information shown already while the user is browsing their account page, instead made it hidden and should be clicked upon an object (in this case, the exclamation point icon beside EYEC and EYET texts) not all users would notice that small icon and thinking its something important and should be looked upon.

Worst case scenario for you is that any accounts banned due to violations of their policies within the duration of the event and rewarding will not be compensated.

the only thing you can do now is that create a new ED account, make things right and just use the method CC to EYET conversion since it is much more convenient and more reliable than EYEC, if you use paypal, you can top-up CC using paypal and then convert the top-up CC from your cherry credits account to EYET from your ED account.

The Conversion method is easy and straight forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Shovels View Post
                  I don't know what is wrong with charging back? its not like they will be scammed by a newbie since all the transactions whenever buying EYEC and EYET is all recorded on their ED account and if something goes wrong such as the player already purchased an item and asked for a charge back or a refund, they should have common sense that they don't need to do that because the player already spent the currency.

All in all, i think they should have better NOTIFICATIONS of things on their interface on their account webpage for players to see the details of their accounts especially whenever real money transactions into ingame currency exchange happens, most of these situations requires better information interface for users who lacks the initiative or lacks the ability to search for HIDDEN pop ups and whatnot should atleast get the idea if they should do this or not.

Not all players could notice that exclamation point icon, thinking its either a part of the background or its just a design, but i do think its the fault of both sides: the user and the webpage developer

User: wasn't tentative enough to notice that button to click for more information regarding EYEC has purchase restrictions on ingame digital items
                  Webpage Developer: Didn't put through a better effort of having the information shown already while the user is browsing their account page, instead made it hidden and should be clicked upon an object (in this case, the exclamation point icon beside EYEC and EYET texts) not all users would notice that small icon and thinking its something important and should be looked upon.

Worst case scenario for you is that any accounts banned due to violations of their policies within the duration of the event and rewarding will not be compensated.

the only thing you can do now is that create a new ED account, make things right and just use the method CC to EYET conversion since it is much more convenient and more reliable than EYEC, if you use paypal, you can top-up CC using paypal and then convert the top-up CC from your cherry credits account to EYET from your ED account.

The Conversion method is easy and straight forward.
                  Thanks for the support, but I won't want to waste my time on a game that has unethical policy and I won't spend a dime on the game unless they fix their attitude on their end and start being player-centric and start serving the players.

Comment

• atom100
                    atom100 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    more likely they don't care, they won't banned ur account if they care, maybe if the player base can't support the game they just simply close shop . this game is nearing the end of it's usefulness anyway.

• ceeeffquee
                    ceeeffquee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I definitely agree with you, back then Dragon Nest was pretty fun, now it's more of like a Pay to Win kind of game

• Mr.Shovels
                    Mr.Shovels commented
                    Editing a comment
                    i dunno about DN ending, but i feel sad if that will become a reality, since most players don't have proof or a strong foundation for their premonition about this end, but i feel disappointed because when i was just about getting that groove to gear up my character and keep on playing and farming and then this news keeps on coming up, i don't even know anymore, but then again, ED wont just stop and shut down the game completely because of the failures they have made (little to no failures perhaps, because the game is still prospering with players eager to play the game, there's this population boom going on DN that there's a lot of players both returning and new players coming online from day to day, its even a surprise after all those events ED launched, the game server's online activity increased and most channels when you enter the game are always crowded, soon enough we might even see 2 or 4 channels full because of this reason.

So for me, i don't know why players keeps on being pessimistic about the game dying or DN will shut down soon, if you are believing this then you must be someone who are easily influenced by the flow of information, then you're easily fooled as well.

Originally posted by ceeeffquee View Post

Thanks for the support, but I won't want to waste my time on a game that has unethical policy and I won't spend a dime on the game unless they fix their attitude on their end and start being player-centric and start serving the players.
                  Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Comment

Originally posted by NearLawlet View Post

Don't let the door hit you on your way out.
                    The doors are always open, with the attitude they have towards the players.

Comment

Just an update, I actually got a reply from ED, however they asked that I top up the amount I refunded and the problem here is that the account is blocked, how do I even top up the amount if the account is blocked

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
                        Mr.Shovels commented
                        Editing a comment
                        what? they didn't even know that? they suppose to unblock it first before actually telling you to do that.

• Agent3554
                        Agent3554 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        This kind of situation (But in different matter) happened to me as well

When it came with account transfer from CC to ED, my account is untransferrable, thanks to the email that was already banned due to inactivity for a long time, I could access my account through the game, but not in the website, now when I used 1:1, they asked me for some information about my account, but couldn't answer it because I couldn't even access on my account in the CC website.
                    Working...
                    X