Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA: Please verify the actual Discord ID of players before trusting them

Current issue:
    It is not new that there are players playing impostor, posing as other geared players and contacting people via Discord. It might even be the same exact person behind the modus operandi.

I would like to highlight this case (click here) in particular, where this specific player was scammed due to trust of a geared player's supposed discord ID. Further in the thread, someone else did point out that the actual geared player's ID.

Recommendation:

I would simply like to caution anyone doing transactions and talking over discord to always check that a player is using their MAIN discord ID to communicate. There should be no reason to NOT use the main discord ID.

Other useful information includes partying up with the geared player and talking in party chat to firstly ensure that you are talking to the real person. If the person does not want to prove themselves this way, you should be cautious. Example is shown below, where you can right click the party name to do a variety of things: most importantly check equipment and trade.

Alternatively, right click the name in the PM list to save name, followed by opening the cash shop and checking the details of the character via Gifting. It should look as below, where you can see that the person whom PMed me is indeed a Lv 95 Physician.

Lastly, TH can now accommodate items more than 1 million gold. There is NO reason to do any transactions via Mail. You should ALWAYS trade the person directly if you are dealing with the person (except for ROB).

Additional information:

Please check Launcelot's thread (here) which details other types of scams. Better to keep yourself informed before being a laughing stock.

Thank you and have a good day.
    Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
    Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
    Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);
Working...
X