Costumes and Accesories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Costumes and Accesories

Why does DN not release all the available Costumes and Accessories in the game and sell it cheap that way players will have more choices. I just takes space in the client side data and what do they gotta loose it is not that they have to reproduce it like actual item. it is already in the client been developed by the developer then why not use it. Just asking.

what you're referring to are the old costumes from before? such as the early costumes that are only meant for cosmetic purposes and nothing else? those "green" costumes or rather magic in rarity are sold as "Package" deals on the Cash Shop, if you're referring to old epic costumes then i'm afraid those are all limited editions and they are all items from CC, each region has their own different set of costumes in terms of style, that said it's not easily achievable for ED to do that if all assets belongs to Cherry Credit, the former publisher of the game.

Most certainly you never did said any specifics of what costumes and accessories you are mentioning on your post.

And, you've posted on the wrong section of the forum, this is a question and not something to generally discuss, you should have posted this on the Q&A thread section of the forum.

Comment

• Skyros
      Skyros commented
      Editing a comment
      Costumes are definitely not from CC. Most costume designs were ported from DNKr so it makes it ED's IP.

• Mr.Shovels
      Mr.Shovels commented
      Editing a comment
      I've seen some other regional costumes from other servers... but probably since its SEA, we mostly receive all the stuff from KDN, and since a lot of people here on SEA do take favor of the cultural values of korea, i doubt that they won't even complain if the costumes are mostly korean inspired.

I guess it's to preserve the 'rarity' value of the costume.
    To be fair, most of the 'old costume' stats are outright crap and are only useful for aesthetic purposes. And in retrospect, they are re-releasing old costumes now via Crystal Point Shop (there was even a poll on new Epic Costumes to re-release not that long ago, wonder what happened to it).

For personal reference, I take great pride when someone compliments me on my Cleric's Musician Costume Set as it took me a lot of my resources to get the costume itself and the MDSD stat for it. I'll definitely be salty if they re-release the said costume with better stats and lower price.

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
      Mr.Shovels commented
      Editing a comment
      It is unfair, i don't think that would be an effective marketing strategy for ED to do something like that, rather they should instead put it on cash shop... but let's be real, these epic costumes can only be acquired through synthesis (Musician, Thief's etc) that is why it exist, but not much of a worthy buy for its price considering you can just sell other stuff via TH from when you top up and bought some cash items, and then search for anyone selling that said costume, and put it on TH, or search for that said costume in TH.

As said by Skyros above,
    its because of the rarity value.

Players like me valued .. AESTHETICS > STATS

I'm known for such chicken feather-look-a-like head piece on my class ever since then. (see GIF below)
    Always look straight to your goals, conquer them all and have fun.

Comment

• Mr.Shovels
      Mr.Shovels commented
      Editing a comment
      That's why a lot would prefer a conversion costume over an epic since they can have both the best possible stats for their costume, as well as the ability to keep changing their appearance at will by applying any other type of costume into their conversion costume, but since its too darn expensive i would rather stick with a good enough costume with equal promising stats, as well as aesthetic values
Working...
X