PSA on thread bumps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA on thread bumps

Unless ED decides to actually touch the Site Builder and change the settings, here's a temporary workaround to be able to see thread bumps: Click image for larger version  Name:	xh3ti.png Views:	3 Size:	8.1 KB ID:	79740

Note: This filter wears off every time you either close the browser tab, enter a thread, or travel to a different part of the forum
    To minimize the steps, simply bookmark the URL (link) after applying the filter, like this: http://forum.dragonnest.com/forum/se...rt=lastcontent

Edit: added the link, because apparently you can't have links on the initial post Click image for larger version  Name:	315992049444978728.png Views:	1 Size:	859 Bytes ID:	79741

Edit 2: check out Vahr's userscript that does this automatically here
    Last edited by Uno; 08-23-2017, 07:53 AM.

While I applaud your willingness to try to help the community, please avoid spamming the same thread over and over in an attempt to get past the approval filter. I don't have control over forum formatting or automatic approval, but it does fall on me to approve/unapprove messages, and each time you spam, I have to sift through every duplicate before deleting them to avoid forum clutter. The same goes for Couplord as well. If your post doesn't get approved immediately, just wait until I can approve it, unless it is an emergency.

Here are some ways you can get around the approval filter for future reference:

1. Avoid using links in your posts. Links automatically make posts become unapproved. You can bypass this two ways - by adding an extra character in the link to make the link broken (ie www.google.com) and go back to edit your post to the correct link once your post has gone up, or you can directly ask me to change it to the correct link by doing a [GM] DENTITY

2. Avoid using spammy, nonsensical thread titles - Currently the approval system is set up to prevent the seemingly millions of forum bots that keep spamming the forums with thread titles filled with special characters and the like. Naming your thread in a similar manner will automatically unapprove your post.

Keeping these things in mind should help everyone have a smoother experience, including myself. Happy foruming!

Comment

• Uno
      Uno commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry about that, there was no actual error code on my end, just a generic ("server abort" I think?) message, so I thought there was something wrong with my connection to the server itself. Good to know, thanks!

• [GM] DENTITY
      [GM] DENTITY commented
      Editing a comment
      Ah I see, this is good to know. I was under the impression that your posts automatically say that they're waiting for approval, since that's what happens on my non-GM account. Since the issue may also be a server abort issue, feel free to try like 2-3 times just in case, but beyond that, just assume that your post is waiting for approval. I see all messages, whether you choose to delete them or not, so if something is a big issue, just pm me and we can work it out.

• Couplord
      Couplord commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, sorry for the attempts to post I wanted to try to answer players questions before i head off to bed.
      Hmm alright thanks, and this will make my guide much harder to complete..... -Sigh- Why did links have to bug the forums.

Double PSA, I have a userscript that I threw together that does this automagically for you: LINK
    WahrBot developer | Divinitor developer | My twitch.tv | Discord: Vahr#9959

I swear I'm an LK main

Comment

Working...
    X