Is DN still p2w?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is DN still p2w?

Hi guys. I've started playing in the 24cap and was going on and off till i quitted during 80cap. Is DN still playable being f2p? Like some occasional spending on stuff etc, not hardcore spender. Will be getting a new PC within the next few months and would like to know if its worth playing back. Thanks!

Hello! Despite what most people say, Yes It is currently possible to play and enjoy the game despite being a complete Free to Play user, If you occasionally spend on things it makes it easier though.
    Right now the game is in a great state, gold is much easier to come upon.. New players are joining and ED has a new platform Z8 games as their channeling website to attract more players!
    Hello Sir! Please free to mention me or send me a private message if you need any assistance! I will try my best to help you to the best that I can!

-Subscribed to every forum section except Trades-

Discord: Couplord#5195
    NA IGN: SirCoup

Comment

Yeah i saw that ED had taken over , was wondering how things have changed ever since. Thanks for the reply, will give it a go when i have my new desktop

Comment

Time and effort is what's most spent here now. You can reduce this by using cash but not at a significant amount (e.g. spending cash not equal to getting opggez stuff).
        Getting gold is on the average [Work Hard = Get Gold] and not as broken as when Magnifique Rewards (a promo by CC) where being exploited.

Is it worth playing back on?
        ~It's, more or less, still good to play on. More so if you have people to go back to or can easily build a relationship with others here.

...But since you're getting a new PC, then... I suggest that you look for some other options . Saying this because, as of now, there are a number of issues in-game which most of us are hoping that it'll be fixed within the coming patches (been seeing around that there's gonna be a big patch in Oct. 19). By all means, the game itself is fun but it's off to shaky restart since the transfer and new cap.

Comment

I see! Well yeah I'll try looking for other options in the meanwhile, but DN is like a drug that will keep pulling you back to it no matter how many times you try to get away from it xD

Comment

Think of DN as transportation. If you can get around from place A to B with a motorcycle, do you need a car, if not, a luxury car? If you want to participate in higher level content, clearly you need better gear and therefore more investment be it time or money.
            Remmystarr from Eden (Discord: Xenocho #8012)
            Please try to read my guide before asking questions on gear optimisation here;
            Old and outdated Engineer guide here; Selling FDN service for FDN weaps (Read here!);

Comment

Well almost every games are P2W, but DN's next patch implementing equipment upgrades (Neris - > Medea - > Medea 2 - > Legend 95) makes it balance for all users so in the future everyone will be strong its just a matter of dedication and grind so better collect a lot of spera and other crafting materials for those to get a head start and with the up coming "enhancement rate" event you'll be in good gears in no time

Comment

The game is much more comfortable to play now despite the fact that there are still a lot of disgusting ugly scammers out there, its still better to play with people you know and have incontact with.

But there are still bugs that needs to be fixed, so you have another option of playing other games while DN is still in a state of renewing its bugs~i mean fixing them

Comment

IMO, every game is made to promote P2W. How can a game profit without selling in-game materials for real cash? How can it stay in service? And with my experience of playing multiple MMORPGs, DN isn't leaning to the P2W side that much. Consider this, Cash Items purchased via CC/EYET DOES NOT DIRECTLY give a player the edge in his chances to clear end-game contents, rather you either purchase Cash Items in order to sell it in the TH for an in-game currency (gold) or purchase Cash Items in order to make the journey towards end-game goals slightly smoother. In short, DN does not have the option of purchasing L-Grades via CC/EYET, therefore making it enjoyable by not giving P2W players an easy advantage over F2P ones. P2W players need to spend more than other games promote (unless you buy Gold using real money which is illegal and has repercussions) as gears/equipments/gold can't be bought using CC/EYET. Spending does give you a considerable advantage, but only by hastening the process. It is either the question of: Do I want to get to my end-game goals quickly by selling Cash Items to gold? Or do I want to save my real world money by spamming/farming gold?

As for your question, yes, at this cap going back is extremely easy considering how DN now values Equipment Grade upgrades (Epic->Unique->Legend). If you find 95 Cap promoting the P2W culture, its either you are lazy or impatient.
                  Last edited by Skyros; 10-16-2017, 04:50 AM.

Comment

Thanks for everyone's response. It seems like DN is more favourable towards non heavy spenders now. I remember i used to spend on the 'spend 200k cc for nice rewards' etc and those items that they give do feel like a great advantage over those that did not spend.

its been months since I've touched DN as i quitted when they changed the UI of the game around 80cap as my potato laptop can't seem to handle the amazing graphics that DN has anymore. Really glad to see that its getting f2p friendly now!

Comment

I've been a DN fan since 40 cap. Tried to get rid of it for the past 2 years. Opened my account once and it pulled me back. Enjoyed this game without spending too much kidney. Yeah, DN is life

Comment

Agree, once you start you can't really quit DN.

Comment

Being F2P player means you need to double-up your hard work on farming to be an average in-game player. However, it's easier to be an average player on this cap comparing back from 24cap.
                          By the way, having a very GOOD LUCK on looting/crafting/enhancing is a big factor also.

Comment

Originally posted by Ezrakiel View Post
                            Being F2P player means you need to double-up your hard work on farming to be an average in-game player. However, it's easier to be an average player on this cap comparing back from 24cap.
                            By the way, having a very GOOD LUCK on looting/crafting/enhancing is a big factor also.
                            that's why i Pray2Win instead of Pay2Win
                            PikachuEX / D3athf0rce / iWantDrug

Comment

DN being p2w is a meme and it was even less true under CC where everything could be acquired with DNP.

Comment

Working...
                              X