Some seems so unfair...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some seems so unfair...

Some of the people who joined the drawing event seems unfair. While most do their best to come up with an artwork they drew themselves, there are some who just use photoshop to make the screenshot looks like a pencil artwork. It's a DRAWING event. The drawings may not come out as good as others but at least an effort was made. I hope those who used the pencil thingy on photoshop won't get a prize.
    Last edited by Mahojou; 10-24-2017, 12:51 AM. Reason: Changed "contest" to "event."

Reward is also unfair
    Merlion Spirit is Rare Grade non growth spirit
    same set bonus of red dragon ring 15% crit
    shud have been atleast growth or epic grade spirit or maybe better reward

even cherry credits gave free cherry spirit before service end
    Follow my Page for Latest Info on DN and Datamine info
    www.facebook.com/JeezusDNSEA

Comment

• Mahojou
      Mahojou commented
      Editing a comment
      A non-growing spirit?! Now that kind of sucks... But still better than my Butterfly Spirit though.

Its not a contest if everyone wins. Most ppl draw cause they think is fun and want to share their art , only few think of it as a competition.

Comment

• Mahojou
      Mahojou commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for correcting me. Changed "contest" to "event." It is fun, especially for people who likes to draw. I get inspired when I see other players' artworks.

Everyone get the reward if not violate the rules, I think the main purpose of the event is to see players excitement.. (even using photoshop and it's called digital drawing btw) thats all..

Comment

• Mahojou
      Mahojou commented
      Editing a comment
      I have no problem with digitally made artworks but as long as it's not like 90+% similar to the screenshot. When I was a kid, instead of using tracing paper, I do my best to draw the illustration I needed for my project. What those guys did in photoshop is like they just photocopy it.

• nvLite
      nvLite commented
      Editing a comment
      i think you are confused between digital editing and digital drawing.

If you spot someone cheating, report them.

Comment

• Mahojou
      Mahojou commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm not even sure if what they're doing can be labelled as cheating by you guys, the admins.

I think OP was referring to these Filters in Photoshop by taking a screenshot in-game then applying these filters:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	bgLF7YW.png
Views:	28
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	99194

Comment

• Reyzha7
      Reyzha7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Those filters sometime didn't do really good and make your picture looks obvious, some skilled photoshopper able to make a screenshot into pencil-like drawing.
      It's related to vector IIRC and CMIIW.

Well i dont want to brag but i think i put in effort to make my character look badass tho.

They appeared, gleaming and victorious. Our Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds,the ceremonial Naga drums. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. They were not stoic and silent. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.
    When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by divine blades.The drums,the Empire, fell silent forever.

Comment

• Reyisaki
      Reyisaki commented
      Editing a comment
      I saw your submission, seems like u really put effort in that drawing. Its pure art with no editing.

• Chelly
      Chelly commented
      Editing a comment
      of course, i took nearly 7 and a half minutes drawing that, but hey! it's still effort tho. 7 and a half minutes is the amount of time i take to shower, so lets do some maths, if i did not put in the effort to draw means i will save 7 and a half minutes of my life, so if did not draw this it means i will technically have 7 and a half more minutes of free time before i die.

• athlos
      athlos commented
      Editing a comment
      Hilarious. I went ahead to find your submission. Worth it.

Originally posted by Credelia View Post
    I think OP was referring to these Filters in Photoshop by taking a screenshot in-game then applying these filters:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	bgLF7YW.png
Views:	28
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	99194
    Yes, I was referring to this. Thanks for posting this. I'm not that familiar with digital arts so I wouldn't know.

Comment

Well the reason why it's very unfair is due to the others who actually drew art for the event, made actual effort into their piece. To be honest none of the sketches/drawings/doodles were ugly to me, to me as an artist, they're all nice art. To me it's good art, since, a)They tried their best. b)The pieces had effort. Even if the artists themselves thought it was ugly, to me it's a piece of art however you look at it. Which is brilliant.
      I don't need to remind the few incompetent people who can't or refuse to read the rules properly. It will just become a chore. It's
      UNFAIR due to these reasons, and why you CAN actually report them:
      1. It's in the actual title of the event. It's DRAW your character event. Not Photo-Edit your character event.
      2. It's in the actual RULES of the event.
      1) Screenshot your own character during gameplay
      2) Draw your main character with pencils / pens / or anything you wish to use (digital drawings also counts)
      3) Scan or take a picture of the drawing
      4) Upload your drawing and the screenshot of your character here as a comment. (Make sure to leave your IGN within the comment as well)

Let me highlight one of the rules.

2) Draw your main character with pencils / pens / or anything you wish to use (digital drawings also counts)

2) Draw your main character

2) Draw

Seriously, do I have to point this out. It's right there in one of the administrator's notes. They typed that there. You don't have to be an actual genius to learn how to read, and since they can operate a PC, I'm pretty sure they're capable enough to use their eyes and direct their attention to the first post of that particular thread.

I'm not perfect either, I have my own flaws and the reason why I joined the event is because I finally took an initiative to encourage myself to join something and share my art with others who would also be joining.

And for the Merlion~ *Giggles*

So yes, Mahojou, they are practically cheating their way through this event. So don't think you're alone in this thought.

Comment

• Mahojou
        Mahojou commented
        Editing a comment
        Finally, a fellow artist who understands me. The reason I joined, aside from the Merlion Spirit, is I need inspiration for drawing again.

• TERCES
        TERCES commented
        Editing a comment
        Mahojou, It seems seeing others artworks inspire you, I can't blame you, I do that too. After all artists of all kinds find inspiration in different kinds of places, observation is key when it comes to it. Oh!~ Why not also find some music that will fit the mood of the artwork you want to create. That certainly helps me.

• Mahojou
        Mahojou commented
        Editing a comment
        I have one music in mind. It is the BGM used in some of Wacom's videos on YouTube. I think its title is Panorama Future.

I cleaned those entries. But it's a soft-delete with a message stating why (that those were screenshots with Photoshop filters). I leave it up to Tasha to have the final word if she will pick those or not.

But remember it's a drawing event, at least adhere to the fact that it calls for drawings and not edited screenshots. Some people who clearly never got into drawing opened paint or grabbed a pencil and a paper sheet and gave it a shot, if they can anyone can.

Comment

• Mahojou
        Mahojou commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you so much for doing this. If anybody sends me private messages here or in-game that contain profanities, I'll file a report for misconduct. Have a good day Admin Verbena. ^_^v

What if I use Brush-Only in Photoshop and draw a very good and similiar to my screenshot, using tracing technique in Photoshop, does that count?
      I draw it, not edit or add filter from original image.

Comment

Originally posted by GedClack View Post
        What if I use Brush-Only in Photoshop and draw a very good and similiar to my screenshot, using tracing technique in Photoshop, does that count?
        I draw it, not edit or add filter from original image.
        As long as it's not just "open the picture and run a generator or a filter". At least with tracing you can say an attempt was made, plus you are tracing your screenshot not tracing someone's else drawing.

I would say that at least try to add some charm to it like shading or color, put some decoration in the background or nice lettering, but that's up to you.

Comment

Working...
        X